News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

One Thousand Blank White Cards

Started by findanegg, Jun 06, 2017, 10:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

findanegg

1000 Blank White Cards is a game where a move of the game is to make a card. If you don't have connection to the net, you'll need 3 or more friends, some pens, and a quantity of blank white cards(let's say 50 or so).
Everyone gets five cards from the stockpile of cards from the previous game (or if you haven't played before, a deck of blank white cards.) They make these blank cards into playable cards with a title, an image, and instructions (more on that later.) Play starts on the left of the guy whose idea it was to make us all play this stupid ironic meta hipster crap instead of something fun like UNO or Spot It, Jeffery. (Just kidding, play starts with whoever you want it to start with.) On your turn, draw a card from the deck, and play a card (on yourself, on someone else, or the whole table, which affects everyone). If you can't play a card, draw another card and skip your turn. If you have any blank cards in your hand, turn them into playable cards. If the deck is empty and you don't have any cards you can play, the game is over! Tally up your points and the dude with the most points wins.
At this point, you'll want to take all the created cards from the game and lay them out. Every player takes out (D/P)/2 cards and throws them away (or eats them, or uses them in the creation of an avant garde poem, etc.), where D is the size of the deck and P is how many players there are. The rest of the deck is then mixed in with one-fifth the number of blank cards, and used as the stockpile.
"But wait," I hear you asking me against your will, "how do you create a card in the first place?". That's a good question, and I will provide it with a good answer. Well, a decent answer, at least.
First thing you wanna do is write the title of the card at the top. This seems pretty self-explanatory.
Next thing is draw an illustration of the card in the middle. This also seems pretty self-explanatory. If you can't draw, something like a stick figure will do. Or just take something off the 'net.
Finally, you wanna write what the card does to the person/persons affected. This can be a point value (which can be positive or negative, and is usually a multiple of 100), a regular game instruction (skip a turn, draw another card), or anything else (tear up this card, do a john travolta impression), or any combination of the three (pretend to eat a cheeseburger to draw another card and to earn 600 points).
The online version is a lot like the original, except dice are rolled to determine what cards you draw, you refer to a card by its number (listed in stockpile thread) and card instructions are only limited to things you can do online.
Anything that has to do with the addition and subtraction of cards to and from the game must be done in the Stockpile thread.

Alright, let's play! I turn my blank cards into playable cards (listed in the stockpile thread)
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

objecty

thanks to you and thanks to Villainous I am now imagining Dr. Flug pretending to eat a cheeseburger
10/10 game
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

findanegg

Quote from: Beagelthanks to you and thanks to Villainous I am now imagining Dr. Flug pretending to eat a cheeseburger
10/10 game
it is surprisingly easy to imagine
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

objecty

Quote from: YouFindYourselfInJail
Quote from: Beagelthanks to you and thanks to Villainous I am now imagining Dr. Flug pretending to eat a cheeseburger
10/10 game
ikr?
... even though you can't see his mouth it is easy to imagine, somehow?
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

findanegg

Quote from: Beagel
Quote from: YouFindYourselfInJail
10/10 game
ikr?
... even though you can't see his mouth it is easy to imagine, somehow?
BTW you have 4 blank cards left

findanegg

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18