News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Ye olde Welcome Wonka Wagon.

Started by tailskirbyyoshifan, Sep 22, 2012, 11:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karanrimé

Quote from: program10
Quote from: TBGChildGamer
Quote from: program10Hey guys. I don't have a scratch account bc its immature.
I can understand that. A user who recently left the TBGs had left Scratch a month Earlier.
Quote from: program10I used to play it but theres better programming languages.
I am working on Python, so yes, there are.
Quote from: program10I'm a nerd, so if you don't like that, leave.
And My opinion of you drops 23%.
You are literally the newest person here, nobody should really take advice on whether to stay or leave from you.
We just got off a flame war, please don't make me do this again.
Lastly, This does not mean we want you to leave. This means we do not want you to be rude like that.

Anyway, Welcome to the TBGs! If you aren't rude like that you'll make a great addition to our community.
Oh, sorry.
Anyways what are the main most posting users here
It's fine, just don't do it again and you won't get banned.
Most of the active users have at least 4000 posts.

If I had to name a few, I'd say Myself, Tymewalk [Who I think You'll like], and Faressain [Who is Polish.]
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Shpore

I am program10
It was a social experiment
It was for science
It only lasted for a few hours
I still got some laughs out of it
If I continue to use it, the results will be unnatural
I can't have that happen
I will inform you that all of the lines of this post began with I.

Tymewalk

Quote from: ShporeI am program10
It was for science
I can't have that happen
Please, don't try this again. Doing so will be considered abuse of alternate accounts, and I will have to ban you.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Shpore

Quote from: Tymewalk
It was for science
I can't have that happen
Please, don't try this again. Doing so will be considered abuse of alternate accounts, and I will have to ban you.
For TWFKMN: Floofy already knew I was an alt.
For CQ: I think Cools actually got some laughs out of it, but I'm not sure.

DownsGameClub

CellularData

It was for science
I can't have that happen
what else classifies as "abuse of alternate accounts"

in the community guidelines, the only issue with them is using them to cheat in games (like setting up another account on a currency or something)
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

DownsGameClub

Quote from: epicanna27
It was for science
I can't have that happen

in the community guidelines, the only issue with them is using them to cheat in games (like setting up another account on a currency or something)
Perhaps it interferes with normal operation of the TBG forums which isn't something people want?
@Tyme or other moderator, do you mind defining what this means?

CellularData

Quote from: DownsGameClub
Quote from: TymewalkPlease, don't try this again. Doing so will be considered abuse of alternate accounts, and I will have to ban you.

Perhaps it interferes with normal operation of the TBG forums which isn't something people want?
ok can this seriously be answered

Shpore

Quote from: epicanna27what else classifies as "abuse of alternate accounts"

To go around a ban maybe

TheTealWashableMarker

Quote from: TBGChildGamer
Quote from: program10Hey guys. I don't have a scratch account bc its immature.
I can understand that. A user who recently left the TBGs had left Scratch a month Earlier.
Quote from: program10I used to play it but theres better programming languages.
I am working on Python, so yes, there are.
Quote from: program10I'm a nerd, so if you don't like that, leave.
And My opinion of you drops 23%.
You are literally the newest person here, nobody should really take advice on whether to stay or leave from you.
We just got off a flame war, please don't make me do this again.
Lastly, This does not mean we want you to leave. This means we do not want you to be rude like that.

Anyway, Welcome to the TBGs! If you aren't rude like that you'll make a great addition to our community.
he meant "leave the conversation with me if you don't like that" not "leave the entire TBGs" -_-

Are you guys getting really oversensitive now thanks to the past of SD1?
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

TheTealWashableMarker

oh hey guess what happens when you reply without reading the page

Dino

Quote from: epicanna27what else classifies as "abuse of alternate accounts"

Abuse of alternate accounts? That's making an alt account to cheat in games, insulting people then getting banned without anyone knowing who the real person is, breaking the other rules without getting your main account in danger etc.

CellularData

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerAre you guys getting really oversensitive now thanks to the past of SD1?
Gabe from TWFKMN in a nutshell.

joefarebrother

Quote from: jji10dino
Quote from: DownsGameClubPerhaps it interferes with normal operation of the TBG forums which isn't something people want?
Abuse of alternate accounts? That's making an alt account to cheat in games, insulting people then getting banned without anyone knowing who the real person is, breaking the other rules without getting your main account in danger etc.

Yes that's pretty much the extent of it, though "breaking the other rules without getting your main account in danger etc." wouldn't work because mods can see alt accounts.

Another thing I can think of that would classify abuse of alt accs would be to impersonate a user, e.g. by making an acc with a very similar username to someone else.
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

NasomiXIV

Quote from: joefarebrother
Quote from: jji10dino
Quote from: epicanna27ok can this seriously be answered

Yes that's pretty much the extent of it, though "breaking the other rules without getting your main account in danger etc." wouldn't work because mods can see alt accounts.

Another thing I can think of that would classify abuse of alt accs would be to impersonate a user, e.g. by making an acc with a very similar username to someone else.
Which you won't have to worry about, because I quit, and even if I DIDN'T quit, I haven't done that in over a year..
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

CellularData

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU

objecty

I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

joefarebrother

I wasn't even talking about anyone, I was just answering a question about the rules
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

objecty

Yes but the original question was because Shpore
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Yeroc8

Please stop this is the welcome thread for new people

Shpore

Quote from: Yeroc8Please stop this is the welcome thread for new people
Plus one. +1.

TheTealWashableMarker

Quote from: Shpore
Quote from: Yeroc8Please stop this is the welcome thread for new people
Plus one. +1.
You don't have to +1 it. Just do it.

cringe

Teal and I had a race to see who could make the account "cringe" fastest.

I won.
I AM CRINGE

CellularData

Quote from: cringeTeal and I had a race to see who could make the account "cringe" fastest.

I won.
Oh and um "I" is me

Silver the Hedgehog

'Cause every night, I'll save your life
And every night, I'll be with you.

This is actually PrincessPandaTBG's alternate account.