News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Shards of Power

Started by Dark, Feb 28, 2017, 04:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karanrimé

The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Faressain

"Well... I think a poisonous snake... agh!" Nitro fainted.

(Note - that's voluntary)
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Wordweaver

Jack advances, keeping an eye out for snakes. If any are found, vacuum-slash them in half.
As above, so below.

Dark

Ferris, Alice, and Jack continue deeper into the cave. Alice holds her knife to the wall, the the blade carves a faint line into the sandstone as she walks.

The trio pass through a short hallway into a second room. The walls here are irregular and appear to be naturally formed. The tunnel splits into two at the far end of the room, one going to the left and one to the right. The group can feel an unearthly cold emanating from the left tunnel.

In the center of the room is a small pile of loose rocks and sand, probably washed here by Alexander's waves. A snake is coiled atop the mound and stares directly at the party.

Jack: 19 + 1
Snake: 16

Jack spots the second snake lurking in the shadows near the exit of the tunnel, about to strike. He intercepts it as it lunges for Alice, splitting it down the center.

The first snake hisses and moves towards the party.

---

Alexander douses Nitro's leg in liquid. It doesn't seem to do anything.

Nitro passes out and collapses to the floor.
Date registered: Apr 17, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

Dino

Alice pushes the snake against the wall.

Rekekka

"Do we investigate the left corridor?" Ferris suggested o the other two. She always wanted to go exploring in vast, cave like areas, so this was sort of a dream come true to her.
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."
This is a message from Lord Nergal.
I await you on the Dread Isle.

Karanrimé

Alexander Checks on Nitro.

[under construction]

;

Wordweaver

Keep splitting snakes down the middle (vacuum-assisted strikes included, of course).
As above, so below.

Dark

Attack Rolls:

Alice: 4
Jack: 2 + 1(trinket)

Snake: 2

Defense Rolls

Jack: 1

Snake: 5

---

Alice fails to summon any noticeable wind.

Jack attacks the snake with a vacuum-assisted halberd strike but misses. The snake attacks.

Jack trips and falls straight into the snake's strike path. Fortunately, the snake still manages to mostly miss him. Its fang scratches a thin red line down his cheek.

---

Alexander checks Nitro over. He looks fine, mostly, except that his leg is swollen and coloured a rotten black. The cause of fainting cannot be determined.

---

Statuses:

Jack: Fallen
Alice: Healthy
Ferris: Healthy
Nitro: Leg severely injured
Alexander: Chest severely injured

Snake: Healthy

Dino

Alice attempts to push the snake toward her, then slash it in the air.

Rekekka

Morph a bit of the ground to try to entrap the snake so it might be an easier target. (Keeping distance of course.)
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."

Faressain

Okay... that was only a pain.

Nitro wakes up., seeing... well, is that necrosis?

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Dark

(Nitro and Alexander are in the first room, the others and the snake are in the second room)

Karanrimé

"Okay. If we're going to save you, we really need proper medical equipment.

We don't have that. We do have blind luck, probably, but I might just need to amputate that leg if we can't find any anti-venom."

If Nitro accepts the proposition, and Alexander has the lord and savior of all fighters: bandages, then he Cuts off the infected leg, uses the liquid to wash the (now larger) injury out, until he can ready some bandages to put on.

EDIT: agreed on Discord to carry Nitro to the rest of the party.

He also tries to fashion a crutch, because you don't get around by hopping all day.

[under construction]

;

Faressain

"Ughhhhhhhhh... fine."

Wordweaver

Hand off my halberd, lest someone try to do an amputation via stabbing. Murder the remaining snake by vacuum-slamming it into the ground.
As above, so below.

Dark

(Action changed over Discord)
Quote from: TBGChildGamerCarry Nitro into the other room so someone with a blade can perform the amputation.

(paraphrased)

Attack Rolls:

Alice: 12

Ferris: 17

Jack: 16 + 1(trinket) + 2(enemy trapped)

Defense Rolls:

Snake: 17

---

Alice summons a wind, but it's not particularly strong. The snake is unfazed.

Ferris shapes the ground on either side of the snake into rows of spikes that jut up past the serpent, trapping it between them.

Taking advantage of the snake's predicament, Jack Crushes the air beneath its head. It hits the ground with a loud *smack*. Twice more, and it stops struggling. Gold glints from underneath the snake's dead body.

---

Alexander carries Nitro to the others, and Jack hands him his halberd. Alexander prepares to amputate.

Dino

Alice quickly realizes what they are about to do and turns around to explore the cavern further, still leaving the trail in the wall.

Karanrimé

"Ready, Nitro?"

After 2 test strokes, Alexander stands, poised to remove Nitro's leg after Nitro confirms he is ready.

[under construction]

;

Wordweaver

Well, figure out what the gold is, of course! Stow the ring I'm currently wearing somewhere else, first, though. Don't want the blatant balancing explosion thing to happen again.
As above, so below.

Faressain

Rekekka

Check out the gold as well. If it is something that is not harmful or turns out to be a nuisance, take it.

Edit:

Nevermind, go look at the two paths.
"Go to Brazil."

Wordweaver

If anyone tries to take my loot, gently throw pull them aside with a vacuum. My kill, my spoils.
As above, so below.

Dark

Attack Rolls

Alexander: 15 + 2(trinket)

---

Alice and Ferris move farther into the cavern and look around. The room is about thirty paces long and as many wide, with a small pile of loose sand and rocks in the middle. The walls of the room are rough and uneven. At the far end, two tunnels stretch away into darkness, both sloping downwards. The right tunnel is formed of sandstone, and nothing odd can be seen or felt. The left tunnel, however, is carved of solid bedrock, perfectly square. A ghastly cold, jarring in the midst of the desert heat, radiates from the left tunnel.

---

One...two...CHOP. Alexander severs Nitro's leg cleanly with the halberd. It doesn't bleed as much as he would have expected - perhaps an effect of the venom.

---

Jack leaves his ring of willpower behind and extricates the gold item from beneath the snake. It's not a ring, as the other loot was - it appears to be a necklace of gold links. A golden emblem hangs from the chain, forged into the likeness of a ram's head. As he touches the item, he can feel it taking hold of his mind, strengthening it. It feels like when he'd put on the ring, but more powerful.

(Talisman of Discipline: +2 to willpower rolls)

Dino

Alice goes to the left tunnel.