News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Smiley100P's Journey Into The Everyday Choose Your Own Adventure Book

Started by TheTealWashableMarker, May 14, 2017, 07:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTealWashableMarker

Welcome. Correct me if I am mistaken, but I've never seen you come to the Library before. Tell me, strange figure, what is your name?

(Please use > when responding. And call me Master)
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

Starmeadows

TheTealWashableMarker

(You don't have to state your actions. But it's fine if ya wanna do a Homestuck :P)

An interesting name. What brings you to the Library today?

Starmeadows

>Chill out, set a timer for 10 minutes and play a .io game, and then check out the titular book.

TheTealWashableMarker

You didn't hear me then? Ah well. Perhaps there is a fault in the int-nevermind.

How lucky you pick my book, first try! I had expected it to take longer. Perhaps it is true fate you walk into the Library. Anyway, I will leave you to read the first page.

The book is leather-bound, and the pages are a deep, browny-yellow. The whole thing looks like a book from the very early 1900s, it looks so old.

(Long pieces of text in italics are words from the book.)

You awake to the sun beaming through your windows and Lillian laying on top of you, softly panting. It's a new day with big plans and possibilities. You pat an area on your blanket to your right and Lillian does a short trot and lays back down there, freeing your body. Hastily you climb out of bed and prepare yourself for breakfast, dressing in only your nicest dress (It has a white base and is patterned with flowers of pastel colours. You have a certain fondness for it.) You go downstairs and finish your breakfast. Now you have time to do whatever you wish. What shall you do first?

Turn to page 2 to play with Lillian
Turn to page 3 to continue reading that lovely story you were gifted last birthday
Turn to page 4 to draw a picture

Starmeadows

>Turn to page 2 and check the book out (along with the second Trials of Apollo book) and walk out of the library in at order.

TheTealWashableMarker

Hang on there buddy, wouldn't you want to stay in the library? It's nice and quiet, and it's comfortable...Why wouldn't you want to read here?

Starmeadows

>Read there until there's an announcement that the library's closing within 15 minutes, then.

TheTealWashableMarker

Oh, um...Don't mind me...Just, um, fixing something.

You walk upstairs to find Lillian waiting at the foot of your bed, panting happily and wagging her tail. You take her to her playpen and begin to throw around some of her favourite chew toys, playfighting her for it, and dragging it across the floor for her to chase, and squeaking them. Eventually Lillian gets tired and you leave her be. What now?

Turn to page 3 to read the book
Turn to page 4 to draw

Starmeadows

Starmeadows

TheTealWashableMarker

You open the book and read for a little while, immersed in the world of the story. You dreamily read on until you hear a call from your mother. Do you...

Turn to page 5 to ignore her and read on
Turn to page 6 to close the book and go downstairs

Listen, I, uh, need you to do something for me. Can you stay in the library after it closes? We don't have long.

Starmeadows

>Wait.
>Why.
>Also, turn to page 6.
>And you sure you're not railroading me???

TheTealWashableMarker

(ack I don't remember lol

TIME TO MAKE THE PLOT UP)

Because...erm...Because it's important. I can't tell you much now, okay? Just, once security goes round, stay well hidden. Okay?

Reluctantly you leave the encapsulating world of the characters' mythical adventures. You go downstairs and are told;

"Some plans have been changed and we are no longer leaving today. Please, would you walk Lillian while I attend to some important business?"

You go upstairs again to find Lillian curled up in her bed. You get her ready and then go outside to see the plain grassy hills of wonders you see daily. Where should you go?

Turn to page 7 to go into the village
Turn to page 8 to walk down by the river
Turn to page 9 to go into the mysterious forest

objecty

I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

TheTealWashableMarker

Quote from: Beagelteal why don't i have one of these
because i'm not superman

objecty

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarker
because i'm not superman
I never said you were
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

TheTealWashableMarker

Quote from: Beagel
because i'm not superman
I never said you were
you must have assumed i was

objecty

Quote from: Beagel
Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerbecause i'm not superman
I never said you were
you must have assumed i was
I did not
Thank you.