News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Comments and Complaints

Started by 360-International, Oct 04, 2012, 02:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLetterThorn

Quote from: jji10dinoOh and Somælia? I'm coming for your post count.
Nah.
Thorn | TBG Team | Massive Nerd
Currently on vacation and will remain active until the spring semester.
Obsessed with William Butler Yeats until further notice.
Visit my website, where I display my creative and web projects.
Pronouns: at this point do i even know? (he/him/his)

Dino

Quote from: Somelia
Nah.
Mhm. We'll see...

CellularData

Quote from: jji10dino
Nah.
Mhm. We'll see...
I WILL BE THE FIRST TO 50,000 POSTS

JUST 49,000 MORE TO GO
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

Faressain

We'll see if you all or CoPKMN.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Dino

Quote from: FaressainWe'll see if you all or CoPKMN.
What do you mean?

objecty

DGC can u pls explain on chat sometime cause I cant get on discord :(
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

CellularData

Quote from: BeagelDGC can u pls explain on chat sometime cause I cant get on discord :(
same here i don't think i'd really be allowed to use discord EVER unless with irl friends or something

Dino

Quote from: epicanna27
Quote from: BeagelDGC can u pls explain on chat sometime cause I cant get on discord :(
same here i don't think i'd really be allowed to use discord EVER unless with irl friends or something
Just click the link in Tyme's signature and the rest should be pretty self-explanatory. Just follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

CellularData

Just click the link in Tyme's signature and the rest should be pretty self-explanatory. Just follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
Wow you completely missed the point of both of our posts -_-

I said "allowed".

objecty

Quote from: epicanna27same here i don't think i'd really be allowed to use discord EVER unless with irl friends or something

I said "allowed".
I know. My parents only allowed me to do it once and I don't want to ask again.

Dino, please try to figure out what we mean by our posts before giving us a 'helpful' explanation.
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

TheTealWashableMarker

^^* This.

Alongside the fact that you have to be 13.
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

objecty

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarker^^* This.

Despite being ten I did it anyway once haha
Thank you.

objecty

Quote from: Beagel
Quote from: SomeliaOh my gourd stop it :P It stopped being funny like five years ago.

Five years ago was 2012 4/16/17.

You weren't on TBGs yet.
The TBGs were once part of Scratch. I've been a Scratch member (and on the Scratch TBGs) since like 2009. This website was the official replacement for the Scratch TBGs when they closed in...what was it, '13?
That's how I discovered this.
Also, I didn't know if you were Somelia on Scratch, which is why I was confused.
Thank you.

CellularData

Me the first time i made a youtube channel

I'm waiting until I am 13 (only a couple months) to make another one and try again though

TheTealWashableMarker

Haha, I have to wait three years. ;-;

TheLetterThorn

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerHaha, I have to wait three years. ;-;
Enjoy your youth. :)
Thorn | TBG Team | Massive Nerd
Currently on vacation and will remain active until the spring semester.
Obsessed with William Butler Yeats until further notice.
Visit my website, where I display my creative and web projects.
Pronouns: at this point do i even know? (he/him/his)

TheTealWashableMarker

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerHaha, I have to wait three years. ;-;
Enjoy your youth. :)
"^ ^

Faressain

...And 1 year and 9 months till adulthood. "Everyone actually knows."

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

objecty

Me the first time i made a youtube channel

I'm waiting until I am 13 (only a couple months) to make another one and try again though

I made a youtube account when I was 8.

I keep trying to start recording videos again but I get lazy and don't do it
Thank you.

Dino

Quote from: jji10dinoJust click the link in Tyme's signature and the rest should be pretty self-explanatory. Just follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

I said "allowed".
I know. My parents only allowed me to do it once and I don't want to ask again.

Dino, please try to figure out what we mean by our posts before giving us a 'helpful' explanation.
Right. Could have been taken both ways.

Shpore

Alright guys, I have a confession to make.
I am RWW. But it wasn't a troll account. It was a social experiment - well, that's what it's most like, at least.
I used it to infiltrate your minds and discover what you actually thought about me.

And the data I recovered was that people thought I was a triggered, angry godmodder and powerplayer (Even though I only counter godmod with godmod).
This brings us to another topic.

A few days ago, I posted on chat that I was losing interest in the TBGs. And it was mostly because of how wretched the community was. I'm serious, I've been bullied for my opinions and "godmodding". I never liked it in the first place - it was just that Beagel annoyed me into joining and then embarassed me when I introduced myself.
And no, you can't go back now. I'm going to be leaving the TBGs soon.

Congratulations.

objecty

Quote from: ShporeAlright guys, I have a confession to make.
I am RWW. But it wasn't a troll account. It was a social experiment - well, that's what it's most like, at least.
I used it to infiltrate your minds and discover what you actually thought about me.

And the data I recovered was that people thought I was a triggered, angry godmodder and powerplayer (Even though I only counter godmod with godmod).
This brings us to another topic.

A few days ago, I posted on chat that I was losing interest in the TBGs. And it was mostly because of how wretched the community was. I'm serious, I've been bullied for my opinions and "godmodding". I never liked it in the first place - it was just that Beagel annoyed me into joining and then embarassed me when I introduced myself.
And no, you can't go back now. I'm going to be leaving the TBGs soon.

Congratulations.

Ahem.
I believe I APOLOGIZED. And you didn't have to STAY on the TBGs. You could've quit as soon as you joined.

Look, can you please stay? We still like you. I want you to stay... for the sake of Ghostshipping. I know you've enjoyed this place. Some, at least. But no one else can really RP like you-we all roleplay differently.
... will you stay if I post on CoPKMN? :P
Thank you.

NasomiXIV

Quote from: SuperDoom1
Quote from: SomeliaYour characters having infinite continues is basically what leads to you being labeled a godmodder. Immortality is one of the most annoying kinds of powerplay. This is harsh, but if you have to give your characters super powers to make them interesting, you should probably scrap them, start over, and focus on making them likeable humans. That's just my advice from years of RPG experience.

Basically, follow the golden rule. Behave in other people's RPGs as you would have them behave in yours. Otherwise you're going to be pretty unpopular. It's better to just avoid the drama, imo.
Oh no.
A member of the TBG team is telling me to stop doing the only thing that keeps my characters alive.
I'm gonna get banned.

Just then,, a voice calls out to me.
Voice: SuperDoom1! It's not the end! Just stop playing on RPGs that don't allow godmodding!
Me: So you're saying I should basically quit RPing on popular RPs besides Insanity?
Voice: There could be more...
Me: Yeah, right. It's not like any of my RPs are dying. HA!
Voice: ...you're laughing at your own failure.
Are you serious? How about you play the RPGs that don't allow godmodding, and actually follow the rules of the RPG? Most people have fun playing RPGs that way. If you really can't have fun without cheating, then maybe RPGs aren't for you. Stop being a bad sport, and let other people enjoy their games. Nobody else is required to make their games fun for you. You have a responsibility to do that for yourself.

I mean, I can't make you follow the rules of individual RPGs. I can't keep you from powerplaying, and I can't make your characters interesting for you. If you aren't going to do that for yourself, don't complain if people criticize you. As an admin, I can't magically make people like you; you have to do that yourself.

If you're really interested in roleplaying and becoming a good roleplayer, these articles are a good place to start.
I understand. But I've racked up a really bad reputation, and if my characters didn't have the video game physics of respawining instantly, implying that my character ends up getting accepted at all, everybody will end up charging at me and the GM will summon an OP monster that can kill me in one hit to troll me because of what I did in other RPs. I've hit rock bottom, and there's no clear way of going up.
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

objecty

Quote from: SuperDoom1
Quote from: SuperDoom1Oh no.
A member of the TBG team is telling me to stop doing the only thing that keeps my characters alive.
I'm gonna get banned.

Just then,, a voice calls out to me.
Voice: SuperDoom1! It's not the end! Just stop playing on RPGs that don't allow godmodding!
Me: So you're saying I should basically quit RPing on popular RPs besides Insanity?
Voice: There could be more...
Me: Yeah, right. It's not like any of my RPs are dying. HA!
Voice: ...you're laughing at your own failure.
Are you serious? How about you play the RPGs that don't allow godmodding, and actually follow the rules of the RPG? Most people have fun playing RPGs that way. If you really can't have fun without cheating, then maybe RPGs aren't for you. Stop being a bad sport, and let other people enjoy their games. Nobody else is required to make their games fun for you. You have a responsibility to do that for yourself.

I mean, I can't make you follow the rules of individual RPGs. I can't keep you from powerplaying, and I can't make your characters interesting for you. If you aren't going to do that for yourself, don't complain if people criticize you. As an admin, I can't magically make people like you; you have to do that yourself.

If you're really interested in roleplaying and becoming a good roleplayer, these articles are a good place to start.
I understand. But I've racked up a really bad reputation, and if my characters didn't have the video game physics of respawining instantly, implying that my character ends up getting accepted at all, everybody will end up charging at me and the GM will summon an OP monster that can kill me in one hit to troll me because of what I did in other RPs. I've hit rock bottom, and there's no clear way of going up.

Actually, here's a clear way of going up:

DONT HAVE YOUR CHARACTERS RESPAWN

... Sorry, but seriously.
Thank you.

Faressain

There's still hope.

If you somehow hatch your new self from shell, you will be OK.