News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Questions and Suggestions

Started by 360-International, Sep 21, 2012, 02:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLetterThorn

Quote from: Somelia
Quote from: Tymewalk
Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerAnother question: why haven't any of the mods used the home page in so long? Somelia was the last to announce her leaving, and that was over two years ago.
I don't think I actually can access the homepage, as it's not part of FluxBB (the forums). That'd be something skyline has to do.
I think the "announce" extension we have can maybe do that? Let me check.
yeah, it works, for admins anyway.
Thorn | TBG Team | Massive Nerd
Currently on vacation and will remain active until the spring semester.
Obsessed with William Butler Yeats until further notice.
Visit my website, where I display my creative and web projects.
Pronouns: at this point do i even know? (he/him/his)

Tymewalk

Quote from: TymewalkI don't think I actually can access the homepage, as it's not part of FluxBB (the forums). That'd be something skyline has to do.
I think the "announce" extension we have can maybe do that? Let me check.
Oh. I guess it doesn't work for mods then.
So, you're excluding me from the super-awesome announcements plugin party, huh? How dare you! </sarcasm> :p
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Dino

Quote from: Tymewalk
Quote from: SomeliaI think the "announce" extension we have can maybe do that? Let me check.
Oh. I guess it doesn't work for mods then.
So, you're excluding me from the super-awesome announcements plugin party, huh? How dare you! </sarcasm> :p
R.I.P.

TheTealWashableMarker

Ever considered having the TBGs in different languages? You know, like the Scratch Discussion Forums - they have a seperate forum for every language.

A change language button would be nice too, but as posts can't be translated, there wouldn't be much point to it.
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

Faressain

Yeah, I tried inviting my teacher, but she would be confused. First polish?
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Dino

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerEver considered having the TBGs in different languages? You know, like the Scratch Discussion Forums - they have a seperate forum for every language.

A change language button would be nice too, but as posts can't be translated, there wouldn't be much point to it.
Probably too difficult too moderate and only a few users for each language. Not enough reward for the pay, imho.

TheTealWashableMarker

Aww okay.

Don't be surprised if you come across the German TBGs in a couple year's time though :P

Faressain

Or even Polish if we do rise...
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Tymewalk

Time to learn about 8-ish more languages. :P
Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerAww okay.

Don't be surprised if you come across the German TBGs in a couple year's time though :P
What? I would never do that...
Sie wissen unsere Pläne. Wir müssen jetzt gehen.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

TheTealWashableMarker

Quote from: TymewalkTime to learn about 8-ish more languages. :P
Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerAww okay.

What? I would never do that...
Sie wissen unsere Pläne. Wir müssen jetzt gehen.
Yeah, of course not!
TSCHÜSS ENGLISCH TBGS, DEUTSCH TBGS HIER KOMMEN WIR

DownsGameClub

Was there a reason why the TBGs were down?

Dino

Quote from: DownsGameClubWas there a reason why the TBGs were down?
I assumed it was just me?

DownsGameClub

Quote from: jji10dino
Quote from: DownsGameClubWas there a reason why the TBGs were down?
I assumed it was just me?
No- it happened to me too.

TheTealWashableMarker

When were they down? I was alone on the TBGs yesterday, and then jji10dino and Faressain logged on, so maybe it wasn't down for me and the 10-15 guests joining me?

Dino

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerWhen were they down? I was alone on the TBGs yesterday, and then jji10dino and Faressain logged on, so maybe it wasn't down for me and the 10-15 guests joining me?
YOU WERE THE CAUSE!!!

jk :P

TheTealWashableMarker

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerWhen were they down? I was alone on the TBGs yesterday, and then jji10dino and Faressain logged on, so maybe it wasn't down for me and the 10-15 guests joining me?
YOU WERE THE CAUSE!!!

Lol, around what time was the TBGs down? It was around 10:15 for me, and the British timezone is GMT, if you wanna convert.

DownsGameClub

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarker
YOU WERE THE CAUSE!!!

Lol, around what time was the TBGs down? It was around 10:15 for me, and the British timezone is GMT, if you wanna convert.
Really?  If it was 8 AM in the morning...  No, it occurred in the evening.

TheTealWashableMarker

Hmm, I don't think I was on the TBGs in evening for you...Nah, you're 4 hours behind, so I would've been asleep.

TheTealWashableMarker

For a long time many people having been talking about holding another moderator election, and I agree with them - two moderately (no pun intended) active moderators doesn't seem sufficient, especially compared to the large team of moderators we had starting off in 2013.

objecty

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerFor a long time many people having been talking about holding another moderator election, and I agree with them - two moderately (no pun intended) active moderators doesn't seem sufficient, especially compared to the large team of moderators we had starting off in 2013.
Agreed. I have mentioned this multiple times, with some moderators even agreeing to it, but no action has been done.
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

CellularData

exactly, we have quite a few tbgers around the age of 16-18, which is a pretty good age to be a forum moderator

i wouldn't run though because it's a lot of responsibility and because i feel i'm too young (even though back in 2012-13, all the moderators were about 10)
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

Shpore

Add icons please, you could use them to recognize other people.

Dino

Quote from: ShporeAdd icons please, you could use them to recognize other people.
Absolutely not. It would make the entire site look ugly.

Karanrimé

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerFor a long time many people having been talking about holding another moderator election, and I agree with them - two moderately (no pun intended) active moderators doesn't seem sufficient, especially compared to the large team of moderators we had starting off in 2013.
Yes, So I can become Mod and Ban all who I deem unfit for this website Yes, So We can have a third person to moderate the site, in case the other two are not on.
Quote from: epicanna27exactly, we have quite a few tbgers around the age of 16-18, which is a pretty good age to be a forum moderator

i wouldn't run though because it's a lot of responsibility and because i feel i'm too young (even though back in 2012-13, all the moderators were about 10)
The last mod election was 13+.
Which I qualified for. Just not the 6+ months on the TBGs.
Quote from: ShporeAdd icons please, you could use them to recognize other people.
Yes please. I know this wasn't on the original TBGs, But this is not the Original TBGS.

Absolutely not. It would make the entire site look ugly.
Explain how, Please.

And Now for my Suggestion.

In-TBG Messages, Like How Scratch does theirs.

So you'll get an In-TBG notification if You're mentioned, your profile image is used, if Shpore's Idea is accepted, If you're quoted, or if one of the topics you're following gets replied to.

We also need a setting to disable E-mail notifications from followed topics.
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Tymewalk

Quote from: Beagel
Agreed. I have mentioned this multiple times, with some moderators even agreeing to it, but no action has been done.
I fully support this - I'm usually active but as of late I've been unable to check the site some days, and another moderator being around would really help fill in the gaps.