News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

When We Were Young and Stupid

Started by Dino, Mar 11, 2013, 11:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flowermanvista

8/10

Merry Christmas, it's time to ruin your childhood!!!!!

WIWYAS, I thought Santa was real.

I was mistaken.

good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

the2000

3/10

WIWYAS, I thought that Cartoon Network was owned by Viacom.
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

PrincessPandaTBG

9.5/10

WIWYAS, I thought "fan service" was service done by fans.

It's actually suggestive things put in official media just to appease fans.

For example: Rouge the Bat.
A regular TBGer from 2015-7, bless Sonic the Hedgehog
DARN YOU LACK OF SUPPORT FOR WEBP

P-Code

I'm not even going to ask/10

WIWYAS, I thought everything on the Internet was totally clean and safe.

firefang16

9/10

WIWYAS, I though when you turned a certain age, you wold turn back into a baby.

I was an odd 4 year old
I'm very inactive here and on Scratch. Just remember Narancia best boy ;)

Wolfslime123

...that's ...unique ...so 10/10

WIWYAS I thought sprite, minute maid and cocacola were all different companies.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

CellularData

2/10 i didn't know that until 30 sec ago when you said that

WIWYAS, I thought EVERYTHING was a bad word.  When I was in 3rd grade, one time I said "what the heck" and felt bad about saying it for DAYS.
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

PrincessPandaTBG

10/10

WIWYAS, I thought Twilight was a story about a bunch of people trying to survive an encounter with man-eating wolves.

Much better than a love story about a vampire and human.

CellularData

ew/10

WIWYAS, I thought that "being a genius" meant that you knew EVERYTHING.  I didn't think it was like "oh you know what I had for breakfast?  you know what I dreamed last night?" but you could ask a "genius" any random fact and they would know the answer.

I essentially thought that geniuses were walking, breathing versions of google.

Dino

Kek. 10/10

WIWYAS, I didn't know how to read analog clocks.

P-Code

10/10

WIWYAS, I thought everything in movies actually happened in real life and actors were being used to reenact it.

(It's true for some movies, but I thought this was true for ALL movies......)

CellularData

8/10

WIWYAS, I didn't have spaces in between my words.  (When actually writing, not typing.)

So I wrote like this:
thequickbrownfox jumpsoverthe lazydog

I had occasional spaces but they weren't good enough.

Now, it's more like:
the  quick   brown fox jumps overthe  lazy  dog

I'm kind of crazy with my handwriting.  Stupid history class and fast note-taking.  Now I can't write slow anymore.

NasomiXIV

me too/10
WIWYAS, I thought Playstation was its own company. And Xbox.
Nintendo screwed with my brain and made me think Playstation wasn't a Sony console and Xbox wasn't a Microsoft console.
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

PrincessPandaTBG

Lol/10

WIWYAS, I looked at the DVD case of "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimararron" and I was like "How was this made by Dreamworks?"

firefang16

2/10

WIWYAS, I though all the traffic lights were controlled by a single police station. Every wall, the ceiling, and floor were made of screens that they would watch.
I'm very inactive here and on Scratch. Just remember Narancia best boy ;)

SplatKirby

10/10.

WIWYAS, I never realized artichokes and anchovies weren't the same thing.
"Think about it. Have you ever seen artichokes and anchovies in the same room together?"
"I'm a Libra, if it matters." -Weezer, Feels Like Summer

Dino

10/10 would IGN again

WIWYAS, I didn't know what the game was.... I miss those days.

PrincessPandaTBG

100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10

WIWYAS, I confused Marine the Raccoon with Sticks the Badger.

DragonRidersofRohan

9/10

When I Was Young and Stupid, I constantly mispronounced 'nonchalant'.  I thought it was a hard 'ch' sound...
Desperate times call for desperate downloading of the perfect quote.

Dino

10/10 IGN

WIWYAS, I didn't realize how awesome memes are (although there might not have been too many memes back then).

PrincessPandaTBG

10/10

WIWYAS, I pronounced "echidna" with the soft "ch" sound.

It actuallys uses the hard "ch" sound.

NasomiXIV

It's not pronounced 'eh-kid-naw'?/10
WIWYAS, I thought 'ship' was a boat, not a fan-made marriage.
(BTW, I don't ship.)
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

P-Code

Um/10

WIWYAS, I pronounce "Romulans" as "ROW-myu-lins". It's actually "RAW-myu-lins".

objecty

lol/10

WIWYAS, I thought shipping was putting two people in a box and sending them somewhere.

This caused a lot of confusion when I played on the Amazing Pets forums.

that game ruined my life
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

CellularData

I'm imagining the video title: "MAILING MYSELF AND MY BOYFRIEND IN A BOX CHALLENGE!!!" so infinity/10

WIWYAS, I thought that all the characters in Harry Potter were married adults, not 11 year olds.