News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Ye olde Welcome Wonka Wagon.

Started by tailskirbyyoshifan, Sep 22, 2012, 11:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

Quote from: Smiley100P
Quote from: jji10dino
Quote from: frishyWhat did I miss?
Around 2 years, a couple hundred TBGs and around 100,000 replies on one RPG.
and the decline of Ninja Chincilla and the rise of Chronicles of Pokemon.
Which has apparently beat out Teen Titans RP.

Welcome back. :D
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Siverko

It's been a while.

I'm just making the announcement that I will quit my Scratch account effective July.

If you want to communicate to me, we'll either have to do it here or on Discord.

That part is certain. I will be planning for the future of my non-Scratch life as time goes on.

If you want to help me with the transition, go ahead.
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

Siverko

Back online after a long absence of real life.

I've also left Scratch.

Won't be too active here in the near future, but know that I haven't forgotten about you guys.
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

TheTealWashableMarker

I never did this when I joined so hi I guess?
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

Flowermanvista

^Wayyy overdue for mine too.

Hello.
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

DownsGameClub

LOL hello

A person who joined 4 years ago...  :P

Tymewalk

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerI never did this when I joined so hi I guess?
Quote from: Flowermanvista^Wayyy overdue for mine too.

Hello.
Hello to both of you. :D
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

joefarebrother

I'm slightly overdue too.
Hello!
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

Dino

Quote from: joefarebrotherI'm slightly overdue too.
Hello!
Welcome to the TBGs!

:P

A Mega Man Named Rock

Hi! I'm new here.

Definetly new.

...That was slower than it was before I did the thing.

Starmeadows

Quote from: A Mega Man Named RockHi! I'm new here.

Definetly new.
Welp

Welcome

Dino

Definetly new.
raises an eyebrow

NasomiXIV

Definetly new.
Hi, Rock!
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

CellularData

Definetly new.
raises an eyebrow
same

edit: rock's signature says they will reveal something tomorrow.  also known as their last tbg account
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

NasomiXIV

Quote from: epicanna27

Definetly new.
raises an eyebrow
same

edit: rock's signature says they will reveal something tomorrow.  also known as their last tbg account
He was an alt account of me. Read his new sig.
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

Kuramana

Hey all I'm new and was wondering where an interest check would go

DownsGameClub

Oh welcome!  :)

Not sure what you mean by an "interest check".  But I suggest you explore and see what you like.

Starmeadows

Quote from: KuramanaHey all I'm new and was wondering where an interest check would go
Whatever that is, probably here

firefang16

Quote from: KuramanaHey all I'm new and was wondering where an interest check would go
Hiya! Welcome to the TBGs!
I'm very inactive here and on Scratch. Just remember Narancia best boy ;)

TheTealWashableMarker

I believe interest check has something to do with salaries and money. Definitely something we shouldn't be dealing with on the TBGs

Anyway, we've already explained to this user on the RPG forum, so it's all good

Dino

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerI believe interest check has something to do with salaries and money. Definitely something we shouldn't be dealing with on the TBGs

I thought he meant an interest check as in finding topics he likes or something. :P

Tymewalk

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerI believe interest check has something to do with salaries and money. Definitely something we shouldn't be dealing with on the TBGs

I thought he meant an interest check as in finding topics he likes or something. :P
I'm pretty sure that's what he meant, i.e, where would he go if he just wants to see what the site's about?

Makes sense if English isn't his first language.

TheTealWashableMarker

Quote from: Tymewalk

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant, i.e, where would he go if he just wants to see what the site's about?

Makes sense if English isn't his first language.
He was talking about actual video game development (I think) on the RPG forums, so I believe that's what he meant.

objecty

I would recommend going on chat and asking people there what they like, or making a TBG based on things that people like, if you want to find out if people like the same things as you.
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Kuramana

Didn't realize which forum this was in. Sorry for the confusion. RPGs is what I was looking for and it had been so long since I've even seen a site for RPGs that I was confused. Also English is my first language however I've developed shorthand speaking in a sense and it works with my group of people. I like to call it communicado.