News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Questions and Suggestions

Started by 360-International, Sep 21, 2012, 02:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

Quote from: the2000
Quote from: DownsGameClub
Quote from: ShporeCan we please have a general discussion thread?
And also a topic to discuss the forums in general?
I think that's what the chat is designed for to be honest.
Chat isn't really permanent. If I want to show off my new logo to EVERYONE, where should I put it? Only about half of the active users here even actively use the chat.
Chat may not be permanent, but it's a good way to get some instant feedback. You could also share it in a Scratch project since (almost) all users here have Scratch. Or a link in your sig.

TBH I think a general discussion forum would distract a little from the purpose of these forums. Inputs from any other mods?
Quote from: DownsGameClubI think we need an official location for all of the RPG Games, and I was thinking of drawing up a concept and map of it.  Should I do it?
If you mean another forum, I think having one is more organized.
If that is what you mean then I think the forum we have now is fine, and MFGs are already split into their own forum.

If you mean like a community consensus on where all the RPGs take place (as in, a fictional world) I guess that would be OK. As for the map then I'd say go for it :)
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Faressain

Quote from: Tymewalk
Quote from: DownsGameClubI think that's what the chat is designed for to be honest.
Chat isn't really permanent. If I want to show off my new logo to EVERYONE, where should I put it? Only about half of the active users here even actively use the chat.
Chat may not be permanent, but it's a good way to get some instant feedback. You could also share it in a Scratch project since (almost) all users here have Scratch. Or a link in your sig.

TBH I think a general discussion forum would distract a little from the purpose of these forums. Inputs from any other mods?
Quote from: DownsGameClubI think we need an official location for all of the RPG Games, and I was thinking of drawing up a concept and map of it.  Should I do it?
If you mean another forum, I think having one is more organized.
If that is what you mean then I think the forum we have now is fine, and MFGs are already split into their own forum.

If you mean like a community consensus on where all the RPGs take place (as in, a fictional world) I guess that would be OK. As for the map then I'd say go for it :)

Well, maybe except Floofy.

Also, I'll be also heading towards the map.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

DownsGameClub

Welp, I will create it then.  When I have time to do so, so it may take a week.

Tymewalk

Quote from: DownsGameClubWelp, I will create it then.  When I have time to do so, so it may take a week.
Just trying to confirm, you're talking about connecting all the RPs with a fictional map, right?
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

DownsGameClub

Quote from: DownsGameClubWelp, I will create it then.  When I have time to do so, so it may take a week.
Just trying to confirm, you're talking about connecting all the RPs with a fictional map, right?
Somewhat.  Actually, sure.  Also, most of the RPGs are pretty much fiction too.

Tymewalk

Sounds awesome. :D

If you'd like I can help in chat with that.

Tymewalk

Quote from: TymewalkJust trying to confirm, you're talking about connecting all the RPs with a fictional map, right?

Would it be OK to make a topic here for the ongoing development of this map?

And if so, where?

It's not a game but it is about the TBGs heavily.

objecty

Quote from: DownsGameClubSomewhat.  Actually, sure.  Also, most of the RPGs are pretty much fiction too.

And if so, where?

The TBG section. Love Icosahedron and the Hunger Games Simulator threads were TBGs because you add on to them. (Of course, they're both dead, so that might happen to the topic as well.)
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Tymewalk

Quote from: Beagel
Quote from: TymewalkSounds awesome. :D

And if so, where?

The TBG section. Love Icosahedron and the Hunger Games Simulator threads were TBGs because you add on to them. (Of course, they're both dead, so that might happen to the topic as well.)
Sounds good. When DGC gets on next I'll let him know.

I don't think this topic will die easily, of course. ;)

Tymewalk

objecty

Who created the profile called CoPKMN?
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Wolfslime123

I think that we should be able to mark things as read by clicking the blue indicator instead of pressing mark all as read.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Dino

Quote from: BeagelWho created the profile called CoPKMN?

Wolfslime123

Quote from: jji10dino
I've heard it's sphore
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

NasomiXIV

Separate from Scratch.
So it was built with Scratch as the foundation. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be its own, completely different thing.
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

joefarebrother

Quote from: Wolfslime123
I've heard it's sphore

Can confirm, the IP checks out
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

Dino

Quote from: joefarebrother
Quote from: Wolfslime123I've heard it's sphore

Then why the heck did Shpore accuse me of making the account in chat?

objecty

Quote from: joefarebrother
Quote from: Wolfslime123I've heard it's sphore

Then why the heck did Shpore accuse me of making the account in chat?
BECAUSE HE'S CRAZY

jk idk
Thank you.

Wolfslime123

We need color buttons, like the ones on the chat.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Dino

Quote from: Wolfslime123We need color buttons, like the ones on the chat.
You can still do colour stuff without buttons.

Faressain

Well, maybe my request could be hard, but we need also strike and emphasis and spoilers.

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Dino

Quote from: FaressainWell, maybe my request could be hard, but we need also strike and emphasis and spoilers.
Strikethrough, emphasis, spoilers <-- highlight

Faressain

Not that kind

like quick button [ s ], [ spoiler] <-- reveal

Dino

Quote from: FaressainNot that kind

like quick button [ s ], [ spoiler] <-- reveal
Meh, there doesn't seem to be enough space for it. And most people know about it, so...

Faressain

But still, what about [ spoiler ] <-- Reveal instead           <-- Highlight?