News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Magruder's Safe (A Mystery CYOA)

Started by Fishmael, Jan 11, 2017, 10:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishmael

(Man, I didn't just disappear for like two years, I swear. This is a very puzzle and code oriented CYOA, so who knows if it will take off or not, whatever.)

Magruder was a man of wealth. He was not born into it, but rather, fit the exact niches necessary in his time to become very wealthy very quickly, in a way that seemed like it had come out of nowhere, but actually came from every circumstance of his surroundings.

In short, his success was not an accident, it was guaranteed.

What was an accident was his death. The news didn't say much about it, only that it involved a car, an icy road, and the words "Time for the Calypso" stitched into the inside of a very expensive jacket.

What he left was a safe.

Years passed. His house became old, and on the brink of collapse. That was how you found the house. You simply walked through its front doors. It lead to a foyer.

In the center of the foyer was the safe.

-What do you do?
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Dino

Fishmael

The safe appears to be very locked. It's a simple three number combination lock.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Dino

NuclearArmadillo

SMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASH
[removed by moderator - inappropriate]

Fishmael

Quote from: jji10dino"very locked" :/

Look for a key.

You look around the foyer. There's a small plush couch, and underneath it is a broken watch. Odd.

Quote from: NuclearArmadilloSMASHSMASHSMASH...

Though it's old, the safe is as sturdy as ever. You don't make a dent.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Wolfslime123

Attempt to dislodge safe, oh! also prepare to run the heck out if it does come out.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Fishmael

Quote from: Wolfslime123Attempt to dislodge safe, oh! also prepare to run the heck out if it does come out.

You try to pull the safe from the wall. You do, and it falls to the floor with a thud, leaving a hole in the wall. Through the hole you can see a row of books on the other side. It is likely that on the opposite side of the wall is a book shelf of sorts. The safe, meanwhile, doesn't even dent when it hits the ground.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Faressain

Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Fishmael

Quote from: FaressainTry to use key...

You hold the key towards the lock. You hear what sounds like the loud ticking of a clock. Suddenly, you feel yourself pulled back in time and then forward again to where you stand.

Please reread posts from Yesterday 18:50 to 19:40 CT.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Faressain

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Fishmael

Quote from: Faressain(um, polish time pls)

Oh, right.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Faressain

Fishmael

Quote from: FaressainSo, examine library then...
You aren't sure how to get to the library. There are two doors leading out from the foyer, one to a kitchen, another to a study, with the kitchen having a door leading to a small closet. Meanwhile, from the foyer there is a stairway that leads up to a hall connecting two bedrooms, a billiard room, and a bathroom. All probably looked magnificent in their time, but now are too decrepit to hold immediate use.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Faressain

Fishmael

Quote from: FaressainTake door to a study!

When you step into the study, you're shocked still. Very much unlike what you expected, the walls are covered with notes and illustrations of giant toothed beasts. Most of the notes appear to be in gibberish, with only the titles in English.

There's a large desk, on which more papers lie, along with a thick, leather book that's locked shut and a looking glass with an eye painted on the lense. Nothing here could immediately help you... Suddenly, you feel time shift again, like before.

Please reread posts from Today at 10:18 CT.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Faressain

Wait, what? It's a loop! Anyways, take door to kitchen then...

Fishmael

Quote from: FaressainWait, what? It's a loop! Anyways, take door to kitchen then...

You walk into the closet. It's too dark in here to see anything, but there's an old lightswitch that might still work by the door.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Fishmael

ouns are they/she, pleas