News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

pokemon duels 4fg

Started by ev3commander, Aug 30, 2016, 03:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ev3commander

Everyone gets six random, fully evolved, non legendary pokemon from gen 1/2. It won't be greninja, blaziken, or aegislash because their op. I will use random.org to determine your pokemon. Each stat will be random, and you can choose one to battle. You may choose moves from a set determined by me for the specific pokemon, First to three wins wins
Otherwise, self explanatory. You fight, and winners will have their pokemon in  the hall of fame (totally not stolen from the original pokemon games)

Files:
None yet.

Hall of fame:
None yet.
I have regrets.

NuclearArmadillo

Umm are u using actual pokemon stats and movesets because if so I would much rather have a 1v1 on pokemon showdown and you pick the random pokemon and heve like a best out of five or something. That way we still have the random 1v1 battling but we still have stat and moveset freedom. Alternatively we could have random teams of three so battles arent as short but not too long either. There's even a site called smogon where you can get premade builds for those too lazy to make their own. Pokemon showdown allows for build conversion to text so I strongly suggest you use their engine and let us build or pokemon or you build them and send us the text of the pokemon.

also, anyone up for a random battle? challenge me @ Slamtown Express
[removed by moderator - inappropriate]

ev3commander

hm ok ill fix it.

And no, stats arent actual pokemon ones. My idea was to make all the stats the same, so there wont be any op pokemon...

But i will redo it

Edit: Are you going to join?
I have regrets.

NuclearArmadillo

i might join, but some pokemon have types that tie in with their base stats
(e.g. steel types usually have high base defense stats and the steel type itself has a lot of types that arent very effective against it. giving it balanced stats would let the type effectiveness give it the defense it needs but also raising its offensive stats , effectively letting it steamroll all opposition) i suggest keeping the base stats and have all ev's be decided by the user because there is an ev cap, so if you max all attack, you can't enhance any defense. Also, all Pokemon are relatively balanced, as long as you don't allow mega evolutions.

NuclearArmadillo

the only banned pokemon should be greninja, blaziken, and aegislash. as they dominate ou and are placed in the same tier as legendaries

NuclearArmadillo

how are the battles going to take place?

ev3commander

It be in a file, and I will try to get it the same as in an actual game using info from the wiki. It will be like this

Choose pokemon or read stats:
venusaur raichu dragonite charizard blastoise crobat

Attack:
You: HP 32/63 PARALYZED
Opponent: HP 42/68
Choose move
><insert move> <insert type> <physical/status/special> <PP> <power> <accuracy>

Stats:
HP 8731
Atk 34972
Def 283947
SpAtk 93279
SpDef 3857249
Speed 98324
I have regrets.

Starmeadows

Quote from: ev3commanderTBGIt be in a file, and I will try to get it the same as in an actual game using info from the wiki. It will be like this

Choose pokemon or read stats:
venusaur raichu dragonite charizard blastoise crobat

Attack:
You: HP 32/63 PARALYZED
Opponent: HP 42/68
Choose move

Stats:
HP 8731
Atk 34972
Def 283947
SpAtk 93279
SpDef 3857249
Speed 98324
Well, good luck with that.  :P

ev3commander

Basically
> Move1 grass physical 17 power 37 accuracy 99/100 PP

Stats:
HP 100
Atk 95
Def 102
SpAtk 107
SpDef 109
Spd 94
I have regrets.

NuclearArmadillo

so then why not just use http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/teambuilder ? they have a more than capable battling engine and a super intuitive pokemon builder