News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

TBGers defines an Octagon

Started by gilbert_given_TBG, May 22, 2022, 02:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joyous Theta

A shifty looking green muppet wearing a trench coat and a black hat approaches Jack from behind and waits for him to talk about the word "octagon" so that he can pitch his own word...

Orb Fish

"First, we will talk about what the word 'octagon' means."

"An octagon is an eight-sided convex polygon. While the term 'octagon' typically refers to an octagon with sides of equal length, 'octagon' can be used to describe an octagon with sides of any, including unequal, length."
I'm the person who accidentally knocked some people - along with myself - down a big rabbit hole that we call the Mineral Fish fandom.

Joyous Theta

The shifty looking muppet looks around confused at who just just defined an octagon, before looking back at Jack to speak to him. "Hey bud. I heard you're in the market for..." the muppet looks around to check that nobody's watching, then goes up to Jack's ear, "An octagon."

Byron_Inc_TBG

"No, I'm actually looking for an octagon instead," Jack replied.

Another creature (who looks like an octagon) appears and said, "Well, you're in luck! We sell octagons here. Mind if I interest you in some?"
eh

solitaire

"all you have here are stop signs!" "these aren't octagons!! my friend needs octagon!!!", jacky bick says.

the creature then shows him several educational videos about 2d shapes.

Joyous Theta

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG"No, I'm actually looking for an octagon instead," Jack replied.

((I don't think Jack is your character? Unless your Jack is a different Jack like Jacky is.))

solitaire

jacky bick was a typo
idk i'll keep him in

gilbert_given_TBG

Gosh, this topic is a mess.

I actually envision this topic functioning like a sing-along topic (like TBGers sings Never Gonna Give You Up), but I wasn't expecting a roleplay (although, by my other topic, I should've known that, especially when the first poster is Joyous)

The problem is I'm not a good GM (in fact I actually did The Room ad lib) so I can't keep this further. Also, I don't want other people to "take over" my topic (except The Room, I'll let \\/\/ take over that one). I was thinking of closing this, but I think we can just restart.

So, let us restart. Ahem...

Hey, how's it going? I'm Jack.
And today, I'm going to tell you about the word "octagon".

PkmnQ

Suddenly, the whole world turns into Baba is You
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Byron_Inc_TBG

"Also, according to YouTube statistics, only a small percentage of people who watch my videos are actually subscribed, so if you end up liking this video, consider subscribing, it's free, and you can always unsubscribe. Enjoy the video!"
eh

PkmnQ

"Agora, vou falar em português. Então se tu perdeu as tuas lições de português de ontem, boa sorte, porque não vou falar em inglês."
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Orb Fish

. . . I'm assuming that you are nonverbally saying "restart". If so, I guess that I'll roll it back to post 4.
Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGHey, how's it going? I'm Jack.
Quote from: Joyous ThetaA shifty looking green muppet wearing a trench coat and a black hat approaches Jack from behind and waits for him to talk about the word "octagon" so that he can pitch his own word...
Quote from: Orb Fish"First, we will talk about what the word 'octagon' means."

"An octagon is an eight-sided convex polygon. While the term 'octagon' typically refers to an octagon with sides of equal length, 'octagon' can be used to describe an octagon with sides of any, including unequal, length."
Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGHere, let me show ya.
Oh no.
Oh man! I totally forgot to bring an octagon! This is embarrasing.
I'm the person who accidentally knocked some people - along with myself - down a big rabbit hole that we call the Mineral Fish fandom.

Joyous Theta

Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGHey, how's it going? I'm Jack.

"Now octagon is an amazing shape that has eight fantastic sides... and eight awesome angles," Jack Black explains, "Here let me show you."

Jack Black begins to look around for an octagon, not yet realizing that he forgot to bring one.