News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Baba is You: Rise of The Finisher Jivarium (Now Playing!)

Started by Orb Fish, Oct 09, 2021, 11:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orb Fish

Baba is You: Rise of the Finisher Jivarium - an RP made by Landon!

(Scratch parity topic can be found here.)

Backstory

Ever since the Ender Jivarium had faded, the kauara surrounding The Overhere had shattered & the denizens of the island had awakened, many weird & wonderful anomalies had been discovered across The Overhere, from the forest-guarding Mega Fungus to the oddly volcanic & vegan Red Dragon, the discoveries of the anomalies were never-ending & appeased denizens across The Overhere.

Until the discovery of one new anomaly turned the matter of anomalies deadly serious: the Finisher Jivarium.

The flagrant reputation towards the Finisher Jivarium would not have been so if it's discoverer had returned earlier. The intrepid explorer Badbad had discovered a massive island below the surface, which he charted as Blossom Island. He ventured deeper into a cave, which he oddly charted as Grassdeep Cave, which went deeper into a cave known as the Metaspire Caverns, due to it's unstable atmosphere. Badbad searched the Metaspire Caverns for weeks, certain that there was something hidden down there.

Except, one day, Badbad didn't come back up.

Badbad went unheard of for three days straight. The population of the denizens were divided over the whereabouts of Badbad. Most believed that he had simply died. Others thought that he had left the caves, but took another exit & was lost. A few believed that he was trapped underground, but still alive. After all, he had noted that there was water in both the Grassdeep Cave & the Metaspire Caverns. For two days, recovery explorers ravaged all three of his suspected locations, but failed.

On the third day of Badbad's absence, most of the denizens had started assuming that Badbad was dead. But that was precisely the day when all argument over Badbad's fate ended. On that day, the strangest thing happened: a denizen reported a letter flying out of a jivarium. The letter was addressed to the Anomaly Documentation Department (a branch of The Overhere's government), and, chillingly enough, the letter was from Badbad.

The letter read the following:

From, Name: Badbad
From, Adress: Somewhere in the Metaspire Caverns
To, Adress: the Anomaly Documentation Department

"Hello, this is Badbad. I can guess that you all think that I'm dead, but I'm actually fine."

"Well, maybe not."

"While exploring the Metaspire Caverns, I spotted an underground chamber, accessed by a steep slope. I tried to slide down the slope, but one of my back hooves caught on a rock and I stumbled. When I hit the bottom, I promptly fainted."

"When I woke up, I saw the last thing I was expecting: a massive jivarium, with pink & cyan sparks! Then, I spotted something sleeping under it. I got a slightly closer look & saw the most breath-taking thing imaginable: an equally massive sheep, with an indigo coat, four ears & three tails. It must've heard me, because it woke up when I looked closer at it."

The letter went on to explain that the sheep referred to itself as the Finisher Jivarium & that it claimed to be a manifestation controlled by the massive jivarium, which Badbad thought was named the same thing.

Badbad also noted that the Finisher Jivarium had secretly swapped his golden earring for an indigo ring with three sparks on it. While he thought that this suspicious action might point towards the Finisher Jivarium being potentially villainous, he also noted that the manifestation had been very nice, referring to him as his son.

Finally, the letter noted that the Finisher Jivarium had offered to send a letter, which was why the letter was sent. The letter was signed with (as confirmed by government utilities) Badbad's genuine signature, accompanied by the potential signature of the Finisher Jivarium itself.

You have one mission: find the Finisher Jivarium & rescue Badbad.

Intro

Welcome to Baba is You: Rise of the Finisher Jivarium! This is a hastily assembled RP, inspired by Baba Make Level's strange new tutorial, Defeating the Dragon.

Rules

- TBG guidelines. 'Nuff said.
- All the usual RPG rules: don't cheat, god mod or powerplay, put your healer in your strongest armor, wear your magic rings on your toes, always check for traps, e.t.c.
- Mary Sues don't exist here.
- Metagaming is A-OK here! I can understand that it's hard to avoid.
- Rules will be explained more along the way.

Fill out this form:

Character: (You may play as an actual character, but unofficial characters are also permitted. If you are using an unofficial character, provide a description.)

That's literally all you need to sign up. Enjoy!

Team Members

Baba - gilbert_given_TBG (TBGS)

Damage Taken: 0/20
Equivliae: 10
Redundeae: 5
Prodjitilla: 20

Keke - Dragon-Egg-Fish (TBGS)

Fofo - Byron_Inc_TBG (TBGS)

Jiji - Reserved Slot (TBGS)

This slot is reserved for Eta.

Team Stats

Tonics Available: 5
Lesser Tonics: 0
Greater Tonics: 0

Properteriae

- Float (Common, 2eq, 4t): Decreases the accuracy of projectile attacks between floating & non-floating Creteria. Direct attacks between floating & non-floating Creteria are negated.
Prodjtilla

None

Play

As you explore, you will find things capable of assisting you. Here is a list of things that you will collect along the way:

- Ally Creteria: Other players & befriended Enemy Creteria can help assist you in your efforts.
- Tonics: Used to heal Creteria. Lesser Tonics & Greater Tonics are also out there.
- Properteriae: Used to apply effects to Creteria when combined with Equivliae.
- Equivliae: Used to power Properteriae.
- Redundeae: Used to apply multiple effects on one Creterium, or one Properterium on multiple - Creteriae.
- Chancondali: Used to boost Properteriae, but only function under certain conditions.
- Prodjitilla: Used as weapons in battles. Projectile Prodjita must be combined with Incarnate to be used.
Incarnate: Used to fire projectile Prodjita.
- Wilted Mivorea Blossoms: The blossoms left over from the Ender Jivarium's chaos. Function as the primary source of many important items.
- Equipitale: Help improve certain skills & reduce certain damage sources. Can be changed coarsely, but can be changed at high speed, at a risk, using Equipitale Juggling.
- Delicacale: Can be used to heal Creteria, but can also be used to start a Friendship Overload. Can be combined to boost healing / the strength of a Friendship Overload.

List of Propertiae

Positive

- Defeat (Common, 1eq, 1t): This Creterium deals more damage.
- Phantom (Uncommon, 2eq, 1t): This Creterium has a 2/6 chance of dodging projectile attacks. Can also be used to bypass walls.
- Hide (Uncommon, 2eq, 5t): Turns all targeted Creteria invisible. Can be used to flee battles.
- Safe (Rare, 3eq, 2t): This Creterium can't take damage.

Neutral

- Float (Common, 2eq, 4t): Decreases the accuracy of projectile attacks between floating & non-floating Creteria. Direct attacks between floating & non-floating Creteria are negated.

Negative

- Push (Common, 1eq, 5t): Attacks on this Creterium decrease it's accuracy.
- Pull (Common, 1eq, 5t): Attacks on this Creterium increase your party's accuracy.
- Weak (Uncommon, 2eq, 3t): This Creterium takes more damage.
- Slow (Rare, 2eq, 1t): This Creterium has a 2/6 chance of losing it's turn.
- Broken (Epic, 5eq, 1t): This Creterium loses it's turn.

These are only some of the Properteriae. More will be discovered along the way.

List of Chancondali

Often: 3/4 chance of a +1 boost.
Seldom: 1/6 chance of a +3 boost.
Lonely: +3 boost when initiating a battle.
Near: +1 boost when near targeted Creterium.
On: +2 boost when within reaching range of targeted Creterium.
Without: +1 boost when no hostile Creteria are nearby.
I'm the person who accidentally knocked some people - along with myself - down a big rabbit hole that we call the Mineral Fish fandom.

Orb Fish

(subscribing to this topic - parents, please don't cringe)
I'm the person who accidentally knocked some people - along with myself - down a big rabbit hole that we call the Mineral Fish fandom.

CST1229

Quote from: Orb FishBaba is You: The Second Dynasty of The Overhere
I see you accidentally left in the old name I think.
Signature banner

Orb Fish

Quote from: CST1229
Quote from: Orb FishBaba is You: The Second Dynasty of The Overhere
I see you accidentally left in the old name I think.
...oops.

Byron_Inc_TBG

Seems cool, I'm gonna wait and see how this goes since I don't really understand.

I'm gonna play as stick Fofo...?
eh

Orb Fish

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGSeems cool, I'm gonna wait and see how this goes since I don't really understand.

I'm gonna play as stick Fofo...?
Accepted. Will start as soon as someone else joins.
Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGabove post is just me registering: the "is you" part implies i'm controlling baba
No, you're controlling one character.
EDIT: misunderstood. Accepted! Will begin at 8:00 EST.

Orb Fish

LETTUCE BEGIN

Baba & Fofo are standing at the mouth of a cave that leads to Blossom Island.

Your turn.

Team Members

Baba - gilbert_given_TBG (TBGS)

Fofo - Byron_Inc_TBG (TBGS)

Team Stats

Tonics Available: 5
Lesser Tonics: 0
Greater Tonics: 0

Properteriae

None
Prodjtilla

None

Orb Fish

Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGLet's just go in.
Baba advances into the cave. Because Byron is currently unavailable, I assume that Fofo follows.

The cave ends at a dark room. Because your eyes have not yet adapted, all you can see are two parallel walls, one slightly thicker.

Your turn.

Byron_Inc_TBG

Ah, I'm sorry, I was doing a school project.

Fofo wait for a while to adapt his eyes.

Because their genders are indeterminate, I'll use male pronouns for Fofo.
eh

Orb Fish

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGAh, I'm sorry, I was doing a school project.

Fofo wait for a while to adapt his eyes.

Because their genders are indeterminate, I'll use male pronouns for Fofo.
Baba & Fofo's eyes adapt. You can now see a heart & two texts that say "Love" and "Is". Is this a puzzle?

Your turn.

Orb Fish

Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGHmm, any other blocks?
You can't find any other text. However, the thick wall has a small hole in the side nearest the heart.

Your turn.

Dragon-Egg-Fish

siggy ideas plz

Orb Fish

Quote from: Dragon-Egg-FishCharacter: badbad
Badbad is reserved. Try someone else.

Dragon-Egg-Fish

Quote from: Orb Fish
then keke
siggy ideas plz

Orb Fish

Quote from: Dragon-Egg-Fish
Quote from: Orb Fish
then keke
Fine. Accepted!

PREVIOUSLY...

The team is in a dark room, with two parallel walls (one thicker), a heart & texts that say "Love" & "Is". Baba found a small hole in the thicker wall. The hole shows that the thicker wall is hollow, potentially with something inside.

Your turn.

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Orb Fish

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGFofo sees what's inside the wall.
Perfectly aligned with the hole is a "Flag" text! It looks like it might be connected to a rule, but the hole is too small for the "Flag" to be removed. However, the "Is" you have is small enough to fit through the hole & connect to the "Flag".

Your turn.

Orb Fish

Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGAssemble FLAG IS LOVE.
The heart turns into a flag! The flag is blowing off yellow sparks.

Your turn.

Orb Fish

Quote from: gilbert_given_TBGGo to the flag and win.

(wow that's a easy puzzle)
A wall crumbles & reveals a new tunnel.

Your turn!