News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Pokemon: A Tale Between Worlds [Chapter 1: Struggles in a New World]

Started by Epicness123, May 31, 2021, 09:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epicness123

~A Mystery Dungeon RP~

The year is 2021 AD.

The world is a seemingly normal place... or so it would seem. Because in a different universe several hundred light years away, events are taking place that will ultimately result in two worlds colliding.
A mythical Pokémon named Rotom has gone rogue. Rotom launches several magic crystals towards the human world, with the intent of merging the human and Pokemon worlds. These crystals have the power to turn a human into a Pokemon. Arceus, the overseer of the Pokemon world, foresaw Rotom's actions and managed to stop most of these crystals from leaving the Pokemon universe, but couldn't stop all of them. The stray crystals made their way to the human world, where they reside scattered all across the globe. Should a human come into contact with one of these crystals, their fate would take an unexpected turn...

This is Pokemon: A Tale Between Worlds.

----

NOTE: RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

Rules:
1. All rules of the TBGs apply. Make sure to follow the rules.
2. No godmodding. Your character(s) will not always be able to dodge attacks or always land hits. Play fair!
3. No bringing dead characters back to life.
4a. You may not have your characters transform into Legendary or Mythical Pokemon.
4b. If the Pokemon your character(s) transform into has multiple evolutions, they must transform into their unevolved forms. They may evolve later in the RP.
5a. All humans must transform into Pokemon eventually.
5b. When a character is transformed into a Pokemon, they do not have access to Pokemon moves right away. They learn them as time goes on.
5c. TRANSFORMATION IS PERMANENT. ONCE YOUR CHARACTER TRANSFORMS INTO A POKEMON AND ENTERS THE POKEMON WORLD, THERE'S NO GOING BACK!
5d. During the prologue, sign up sheets for someone already in the Pokemon world will be disabled. Once there are a sufficient number of humans who have been transformed I will permit signups for Pokemon who were never humans in the first place. Signups for native Pokemon are now open.
6. For now, there may only be a maximum of 3 characters per player. This rule may be dropped later, but since the RP is at its start we'll stick to this limit.
7. This RP may be fast-paced. Things may happen while you are away. You have been warned.
8. Timezones may interfere with the roleplay. Try not to softlock (cause the RP to come to a standstill) other players.

~Signups~
Human to Pokemon
Name:
Human appearance: (OPTIONAL)
Personality/Backstory:
Pokemon:
Pokemon appearance: (Ieave blank if appearance isn't different from the original Pokemon)
Strength/Flaws: (strengths are optional, but please try to include 1 flaw.)
Other:
Natural Pokemon
Name:
Personality/Backstory:
Pokemon:
Appearance: (Ieave blank if appearance isn't different from the original Pokemon)
Strength/Flaws: (strengths are optional, but please try to include 1 flaw.)
Other:

Have fun!!
This is the third incarnation of CoPKMN/second incarnation of PTBN.
au
tbger since 2013

Epicness123

Characters
Squirrelflight
Tsukei, 17, F, Pichu
-
Blunderbus
Lucas, 19, M, Ralts
Celestine, 31, F, Amaura*
-
Joyous Theta
Helen, 20, F, Larvesta
Willis, 22, M, Untransformed
-
\\/\/
Alexandre, 19, M, Untransformed
Juniper, 19, F, Falinks
83231231156, 83, M, Rotom*
-
Faressain
Charles, 23, M, Electrike
-
Epicness123
Komaeda, 18, M, Untransformed
Nathan, 15, M, Scorbunny
-
Byron_Inc_TBG
Anderson, 14, M, Untransformed
-
Shpore
Alina, 23, F, Untransformed
* - Indicates the character was not originally a human
au
tbger since 2013

Epicness123

Story Recap
Prologue

A bunch of young adults and teens go about their daily routine one morning. They are Tsukei, Lucas, Helen, Alexandre, Juniper, Komaeda, and Nathan. A soldier named Charles fights in Afghanistan. They find some glowing yellow pebbles. Lucas, Nathan, Tsukei, Charles, and probably Helen teleport to the other world because of the magic rocks. Meanwhile, everyone mentioned who's still on earth reacts to the people going missing. The Pokemon world gang comes to terms with their situation and find some items belonging to them. After a while, Juniper gets transported to the other world as well some distance away from the others. The first group decides to go to a river they see in the distance for water. They meet Juni there. They try to set up shelters in the night until Charles finds a small cave overhang, and then they decide to go there.
au
tbger since 2013

Prism

Name: Tsukei Kashikasumi (貸課済津計)
Human appearance: Short (162 cm). Her skin colour is yellowish. She has smooth black hair reaching a bit below her shoulders. Her eye colour is a minty green. Attire usually consists of a simple t-shirt, blue jeans, and tennis shoes.
Personality: To be RP'ed.
Pokémon: #172 Pichu
Pokémon appearance: Her left ear features a tuft of fur spread out into three "spikes."

Strengths: To be RP'ed.
Flaws: To be RP'ed.
Other: N/A
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

CatsUnited

yo the pokemon thing is back

time for me to make a character after 1000 posts and never have it interact with the other characters B)

Blunderbus

*click* noice

Name: Lucas
Human appearance: Reasonably short, a bit on the thin side. Fair skin. Scruffy brown hair that probably needs to be cut. Wears a very well-worn denim jacket most of the time.
Personality/Backstory: An outgoing, curious type. Doesn't particularly like changes to routine if there isn't a good reason. Tends to get a bit carried away when talking.
Lucas grew up in the very far outer suburbs of the city, and often took walks around the nearby nature reserve. He got given a pair of binoculars for his 6th birthday and ended up getting very into birdwatching in his spare time. His older cousin is a budding astronomer, and he's picked up a few tidbits about the stars through observing on various holidays and such over the years. Currently he's taking a gap year before starting university.
Pokemon: Ralts
Pokemon appearance: Horn thing is blue instead of red.
Strength/Flaws: Quite perceptive, both with his eyes and his ears. However this perceptiveness absolutely does not carry over into picking up social cues. Kind of the opposite actually.
Other: might have to come up with a last name for him 500 pages into the rp idk
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Joyous Theta

Name: Helen
Human appearance: Long dirty blonde hair, a little bit above average height, wears glasses.
Personality: A bit of an introvert, usually described as a rather mellow and cozy person. Despite this, she can still break under pressure.
Backstory: Made transparent for spoiler reasons related to the character. There's probably some to be RP'd backstory as well.
Died around a year ago due to unknown yet-to-be-determined reasons and would actually be 21 if she was alive today. The only reason she's really "alive" in the first place is since a magic crystal made its home on her grave, subsequently causing her grave to be unreadable in the process. Her mind has completely suppressed her own death from her memory giving her no knowledge of the event. Due to all this, she isn't going to be appearing before anyone goes to the Pokemon world so uh... Guess I'll just watch for a while.
Pokemon: Larvesta
Pokemon appearance: Her horns are slightly desaturated near the ends compared to normal Larvesta horns. Still has her glasses even if they don't really fit her Pokemon form well.
Strength/Flaws: To be RP'd.
Other: I am not good at writing character personality lists.

Wolfslime123

I couldn't immediately join cuz I was on a boat and a car and on the island of Nantucket but I'M HERE NOW! WHHOOOOO!!!

Name: Charlie Andricks
Human appearance: long brown hair, probably in a ponytail, blue eyes, orange sunglasses where appropriate.
Personality/Backstory: Upbeat and outgoing. Clever, Intuitive. A Researcher who works for Amari Research. She is working to establish round trips to and from the pokemon world. Helps coordinate research volunteers. Amari Research also works with Bazzar Industries for tourism to the pokemon world.
Pokemon: Solosis
Pokemon appearance: the orange sunglasses are now in the jelly.
Strength/Flaws: Strong intuition, but slow to learn combat moves and introverted, so tires from social interaction.
Other: Will probably have to enter the RP later?

Unaccepted
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Wolfslime123

Name: Alexsandre Folker
Human appearance: Raven hair and dark eyes, white, often wears black and white outfits.
Personality/Backstory: A grounded and low energy person. Works at a café. Unambitious.
Pokemon: Yamask
Pokemon appearance: The mask portrays his original face, naturally.
Strength/Flaws: Physically inactive, and thus of low stamina. Slow to panic.
Other:
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Faressain

Name: Charles Edwards Middlestep
Human appearance: Charles doesn't really differ much from other military soldier, he has short-cut black hair with a spike of non-hair on his left side, brown eye with an eyepatch hiding the other one lost in the war, and scars on his arm and face.
Personality/Backstory: A soldier that has yet to leave the Afghanistan war, that feels betrayed by America. He had spent five years fighting the uphill war, and earned the title of sergeant. He is loyal to any cause necessary, even if that means that he's going to be not really morally right. And by the experience, he probably ain't putting much trust into anyone at beginning unless they earn that.
Pokemon: Electrike
Pokemon appearance:
Strength/Flaws: Combat Knowledge (str) / Military Training (str) / Bad eyesight (flaw) / Quick-tempered (flaw)
Other: He ain't getting his weapons at the Pokemon world. They disappear.

Also, why does Blunderbus character sound like Dragonwolf73's character?
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

solitaire

i do not rp much so here is funny joke signup:

Name: joey
Human appearance: youngster
Personality/Backstory: likes shorts
Pokemon: rattata
Pokemon appearance:
Strength/Flaws: to be rp'd (so probably no)
Other: what
hi!

Prism

Quote from: solitarei do not rp much so here is funny joke signup:

Name: joey
Human appearance: youngster
Personality/Backstory: likes shorts
Pokemon: rattata
Pokemon appearance:
Strength/Flaws: to be rp'd (so probably no)
Other: what
hm

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Faressain

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Blunderbus

Quote from: Faressain
Quote from: \//
Quote from: FaressainDragonwolf73
Whom'st?

This TCF user.
I've never been on the TCF before so it's 100% a coincidence I guess

Epicness123

All accepted accept solitairte (REASON: BEING SUS!!!!!! :o :o :o :o)
Also, \\/\/; reread the OP: (once someone enters the Pokemon world, they can never leave)
au
tbger since 2013

Epicness123

Name: Komaeda
Human appearance: Nerd who wears glasses. Has gray hair and is about 6ft in height. Has a bunch of shirts with programmer humor on it that no ordinary person would understand.
Personality/Backstory: Shy, reserved type. He's a freshman in college. Recently scored a part-time job at a local supermarket.
Pokemon: Shinx
Pokemon appearance: Fur color slightly darker than that of a normal Shinx.
Strength/Flaws: To be RP'ed.
Other: bisexual as hell

Name: Nathan
Human appearance: About 5ft 4in tall. Has light blue eyes and short, black hair. Usually wears either a blue or green t-shirt and jeans. Sometimes wears a dark grey jacket. Always wears tennis shoes.
Personality/Backstory: Sophomore in high school. He acts very hyper and jumpy most of the time. He enjoys hanging out with people and making friends. Most of the time, he pretends to act tough when around others, when in reality he's too scared to hurt even a fly. He may be young, but he's actually very smart for someone his age.
Pokémon: Scorbunny
Pokémon appearance: A normal Scorbunny.
Strengths/Flaws: Is very athletic, but tends to get hyper very easily.
Other:

---

Now, if we're all ready, should we start?
au
tbger since 2013

Prism

Blunderbus

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Faressain

Expect first post at 9 AM or 10 AM

Epicness123

MUAHAHAHA. LET US BEGIN.

~~~~

It was a Wednesday morning just like any other...

-

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!!
Nathan slammed the snooze button on his alarm clock. Ugh... school sucks. He sure couldn't wait for summer break so he could sleep in. He groggily began putting on his clothes.

-

Komaeda got in his car and began driving to college. He had already had his morning coffee and done his morning exercise.
au
tbger since 2013

Blunderbus

Lucas sat on a bench in the park, and yawned. He was planning to go to an open day at one of the universities he was thinking of attending, but it was still a while until anything started. He had some time to relax.

He looked around. Most people were pretty clearly walking somewhere, but he had time to just enjoy the surroundings. Lucas had never been the biggest fan of the city, but this park was quite nice, he thought.

Prism

*yawn*...

I lean over the counter, sipping my coffee---er, could you even call it coffee anymore? I had spent all night yesterday messing around on the internet, and of course there had to be school today. I lazily push the mug over to the sink---it falls and makes a loud clink.

I then get my books, hop into my car, and begin driving to school.

Wolfslime123

Alex looked at his coworker. "Kommodore''? That's kind of an obvious misspelling."

"Yeah but it's right there y'know?"

Alex started on another drink.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/