News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Carmes News

Started by SausageMcSauce, Nov 13, 2020, 06:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SausageMcSauce

(I created this per something I posted on the Shef Kerbi News Network RPG and because DoubleDenial, the creator of Apple News Network (also on this site) is inactive. This is not a duplicate of the latter.

Carmes News is a brand new news network in Dreem Lend (a bootleg version of Dream Land from the Kirby series), made by none other than Carmes Inc.

RULES

No using real news stories. Earth may be used in news stories, but Earth in the universe which Carmes News and its predecessors exist is fictionalised.
Make the news good. Carmes News need enough money from good news reports.

ROLES

News Reporter - makes news reports.
Advertiser - makes advertisements. Advertisements are prefered to be image
Weather Man - makes weather
Comic Man - makes comics. Preferrably in image form.

MONEY

Current money: $11500
Carmes Inc's funds are seperately managed from Carmes News.

Expenses:

$1000 - News Report and Website updating
$100 - Existence for 1 day (subtracted every time a bulletin releases)
$200 - Wages per contributor to bulletin

Incomes:

$500 - $1250 - News report or weather report
$750 - $1500 - Ads not by Carmes or for Carmes Inc products
$500 - $1000 - Ads by Carmes or for Carmes Inc products
$400 - $1200 - Comic

SIGNING UP

Characters may be imported from Shef Kerbi News Network or Apple News Network, but only if you owned one on those RPGs.

Fill in this if a new character is being created (do not fill in the details with real details of yourself in real life, you can make up details for your character)

Name:
Experience:
Role (choose any of the four above, you can have multiple):
Sign in the square brackets to agree to Carmes' nonexistent terms: []

EMPLOYEES

Quote from: SausageMcSauceName: Carmes
Experience: Owns Carmes Inc.
Role (choose any of the four above, you can have multiple): News Reporter, advertisements maker, comic man
Sign in the square brackets to agree to Carmes' nonexistent terms: [i am carmes anyway]
Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGName: Byron
Experience: Wrote the school magazine in high school.
Role (choose any of the four above, you can have multiple): All four.
Sign in the square brackets to agree to Carmes' nonexistent terms: [Byron]
Quote from: SuperKamekAreaName: SuperKamekArea
Experience: Made lots of ascii art in MS-DOS 6.22, made 512 comics. made 1448 projects in scratch so far, both shared and unshared
Role (choose any of the four above, you can have multiple): Comic Man
Sign in the square brackets to agree to Carmes' nonexistent terms: [✓SuperKamekArea]
Other: uses a legacy MS-Paint style a lot
Quote from: Scratchykit-Iolitestari'm making two characters, but don't worry, they are different. they prefer writing different things.

Name: Flip
Experience: Collaborated with Orion on a novel called "The Dark Daisy". won a creative writing contest.
Role (choose any of the four above, you can have multiple): News Reporter (News)
Sign in the square brackets to agree to Carmes' nonexistent terms: {Flip}

Name: Orion
Experience: wrote "The Dark Daisy", "WarriorBlood", "The Mating Tree", "Blood Star's wrath", "Winter Love- Cold Heartbreak", "Winter Love- the new hot kit", and "Tribal encounter of the seventh kind".
Role (choose any of the four above, you can have multiple): News Reorter (Crime, courthouse notes, Opinion article contributor)
Sign in the square brackets to agree to Carmes' nonexistent terms: [Orion]
Quote from: IncendiaryGamingName: Crewmate
Experience: A lot
Role (choose any of the four above, you can have multiple): News Reporter, Advertiser
Sign in the square brackets to agree to Carmes' nonexistent terms: [Sign]

BULLETINS

A list of all bulletins is here.
1: 16 Nov 2020
I have not posted here in around a year and a bit.

Byron_Inc_TBG

Name: Byron
eh

SausageMcSauce

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGName: Byron

Accepted, as you were in Apple News Network.

SuperKamekArea

Name: SuperKamekArea
Experience: Made lots of ascii art in MS-DOS 6.22, made 512 comics. made 1448 projects in scratch so far, both shared and unshared
Sign in the square brackets to agree to Carmes' nonexistent terms: [✓SuperKamekArea]
My website won't work because the website automatically edits protocols you type (the problem with this shows when your website doesn't support https)
I prefer the radium theme

Switched to google redirect page, seems to work in IE8 on Vista, but not IE6 on XP... at least I made it possible to just click 2 hyperlinks and access my website... for some reason

Byron_Inc_TBG

NEW NEWS NETWORK MADE
After Shef Werld News Network had closed, Apple, Inc. had created a new network called "Apple News Network". Unfortunately, the owner of Apple News Network, Apple The Cat, hadn't been active after the first bulletin, causing chaos between workers, and also not publishing a second bulletin since October 2 2020. Carmes, Inc. took the opportunity and made a new news network, Carmes News.
Carmes News is a brand new news network in Dreem Lend, made by none other than Carmes, Inc. They were funded $5000 by Carmes, Inc. upon starting, which is more than Apple News Network.
There are four types of jobs. The News Reporter makes news reports. The Advertiser makes advertisements. The Weather Man reports the weather. The Comic Man makes comics.
"We hope that Carmes, Inc. can stay long, to help the people who need to know the latest news," one of the workers, Byron said, "It is located in Dreem Lend, but nevermind, since it is already announced to be a part of Earth."
Let's hope Carmes News can publish news that helps the people on Earth, no matter the location, race, age, *, etc.
eh

Joyous Theta

Honestly I'm not sure if I'll join this because I'm too afraid you'll reject news because it interferes with whatever lore exists and would rather just be able to entirely disregard lore when making reports.

Byron_Inc_TBG

Byron brings the news he wrote for the second buttelin on ANN to Carmes News. "I guess we can also publish these," he said.
eh

SausageMcSauce

Quote from: SuperKamekAreaName: SuperKamekArea

Accepted.

SausageMcSauce

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGByron brings the news he wrote for the second buttelin on ANN to Carmes News. "I guess we can also publish these," he said.

That is what I plan to do. News by non-Carmes News employees will make its way into the first Carmes News report as well.

Scratchykit

i'm making two characters, but don't worry, they are different. they prefer writing different things.

Experience: Collaborated with Orion on a novel called "The Dark Daisy". won a creative writing contest.
Role (choose any of the four above, you can have multiple): News Reporter (News)

Experience: wrote "The Dark Daisy", "WarriorBlood", "The Mating Tree", "Blood Star's wrath", "Winter Love- Cold Heartbreak", "Winter Love- the new hot kit", and "Tribal encounter of the seventh kind".
Role (choose any of the four above, you can have multiple): News Reorter (Crime, courthouse notes, Opinion article contributor)
SK (she/her). 15 y/o

PFP by yours truly ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) haha finally I changed it to my own art

Not the most active here but I visit sometimes because this place is nice and also brings me nostalgia because of how much I was on here when I was 12

sk5743 on discord, feel free to interact if I ever encounter you on the TBGs discord

Incendiary

Name: Crewmate
Role (choose any of the four above, you can have multiple): News Reporter, Advertiser
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

SausageMcSauce

Quote from: Scratchykit-Iolitestari'm making two characters, but don't worry, they are different. they prefer writing different things.

Quote from: IncendiaryGamingName: Crewmate

All accepted.

Also, here is Carmes' news reports for the first Bulletin, taken from Apple News Network:

DREEM LEND INVITED TO UNITED COUNTRIES

Despite being in a different universe from Dreem Lend, the United Countries of Earth has invited Dreem Lend to be a member. It was mainly made possible when Donald Spokeperson (who once posed as a different person named 'Jeffrey White') was removed from the White House and replaces by Felicia Felica and her vice 'Jeff Bide'.

Keyn DDDD has yet to comment on this, as he is currently focusing on expanding his castle and sorting out the pumpkin army that ate a cave full of candy.

WALL-DESTROYING DAY DECLARED

A new holiday has been made in the US, Wall-Destroying Day. It will happen on the anniversary of Donald Spokeperson being removed from power. On this day, the president has to destroy a random wall across the country.

Speaking of walls, no wall will be made around Carmes Inc's future US office.

DOCUMENTS INVOLVING THE CARMES INC BUILDING LEAKED

A random person has leaked several documents onto LeakedThings several documents involving The Carmes Inc Building's construction and planning dating from mid-2019 (around the time Carmes dissappeared from Shef Kerbi News Network), known in the documents as the 'Pig Soop Tower' (as it was built before Carmes Inc formed and when Carmes was only CEO of Nummy Foods Inc.). The documents mentions a very secret fact that PreCure Selene's house was in the basement of the tower.

Red Computer Labs are trying to invent loads of security measures just in case the documents are misused.

Here is an ad and comic as well, both by me:

Some of Byron's Apple News Network reports will go in the first bulletin as well, and I might wait for another user to make something.

SuperKamekArea

Internet explorer comics coming soon, heres a sneak peak
My website won't work because the website automatically edits protocols you type (the problem with this shows when your website doesn't support https)

Switched to google redirect page, seems to work in IE8 on Vista, but not IE6 on XP... at least I made it possible to just click 2 hyperlinks and access my website... for some reason

Scratchykit

Orion has written a crime article. here it is:

Quote from: Orion, obviouslyThe Crimal: the latest crime news
By Orion Sparkfur

Dreem Lend Police Blotter

the Dreem Lend Police department reported the following incidents to us from november 1-5 on Saturday:

november 1: Mistfish Wildfur, of Doveclan, WarriorCatWorld, was charged with attacking a child.

november 1: Star Dream, of Dreem Lend, was charged with using a love-related power to hypnotize someone.

november 2: Forrest Sun, of Sukyunae, TBGforums, was charged with failure to control a vicious/dangerous animal.

november 3: Deep, of WarriorCatWorld, was charged with malicious assault.

november 3: Flipblush whispwind, of TBGtown, forumtopia, was charged with urinating in public.

november 4: Ravineheart, of Ravineclan, Blaze Volcano, WarriorCatWorld, was charged with smuggling in an illegal substance.

november 5: Bravekit, of WarriorCatWorld, was charged with underage roaming.
SK (she/her). 15 y/o

Not the most active here but I visit sometimes because this place is nice and also brings me nostalgia because of how much I was on here when I was 12

sk5743 on discord, feel free to interact if I ever encounter you on the TBGs discord

Joyous Theta

HEY CUBE #3 by Suesye
by Suesye
Sorrow, feel I do
The last hi cube unpublished
Wait, I don't work here

Quote from: Scratchykit-Iolitestarnovember 1: Star Dream, of Dreem Lend, was charged with using a love-related power to hypnotize someone.

Wait, is that the same Star Dream as that Haltmann guy's super computer or is this a different Star Dream?

Byron_Inc_TBG

Why Study
The more you study,
The more you learn.
The more you learn,
The more you forget.
The more you forget,
The less you know.
eh

Scratchykit

Quote from: Joyous ThetaHEY CUBE #3 by Suesye
by Suesye
Sorrow, feel I do
Wait, I don't work here

Quote from: Scratchykit-Iolitestarnovember 1: Star Dream, of Dreem Lend, was charged with using a love-related power to hypnotize someone.

Wait, is that the same Star Dream as that Haltmann guy's super computer or is this a different Star Dream?

different
SK (she/her). 15 y/o

SausageMcSauce

Quote from: Joyous ThetaHEY CUBE #3 by Suesye
by Suesye
Sorrow, feel I do
Wait, I don't work here

Suseye can be imported from Apple News Network and become an official Carmes News employee if they want.

SuperKamekArea

Internet Explorer Comics are being released!
Comic 1

(edit: wrong comic)

SausageMcSauce

The first issue will most likely be out tomorrow.

Edit: It is now here, at this link

Money:

Existence: -$300
Bulletin: -$1000
Wages: 5, -$1000
Special Payrise: -$1000 (shared between employees)

New News Network: $1000 (being generous)
Felicia: $800
United Countries: $500
AnimeCon: $900
Hi Cubes: $500
Portal Museum: $800
Math Collapsed: $750
Leak: $500
Oatmeal: $1000
Crime News: $600
Anime Show: $750
IE Comic: $800
Wall-Destroying: $500
Weather: $400

Current Money: 11,500

Byron_Inc_TBG

I guess you forgot to load my comic here..?
eh

SausageMcSauce

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGI guess you forgot to load my comic here..?

I will put it in the next report.

SuperKamekArea

Comic 2 is released for IE comics!!!

SausageMcSauce

I have two news reports by me for the next bulletin. I will put them here soon.

For comics, both 1 and 2 of IE comics will be in the next bulletin.

SuperKamekArea

IE comic 3 released