News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Routes. (Timeline manipulator, escape RPG.)

Started by Mask, Oct 10, 2020, 09:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mask

[i]VERY IMPORTANT INFO HERE:[/i]
In this game, everyone controlling the same (time-traveling) human character, but in a different timeline. (called the Person from now on.)
Since everyone controlling the Person, the players won't interact each other directly. So the Person has every Information from all other timeline too, this way everyone is encouraged to read the story/plotline of the other players too.

main goal: escape the Island, with the most possible survivors. (It is possible, to save everyone.)

sub-goal: discover the secrets.
Step one: Make people introduce their name. [3/15]

(objectives don't need to be completed to finish the story)
objective: help Spires
-scout the area. (forest, treehouse)
-find water (and food) source.
-make safety preparations.

about checkpoints:

To join the game, the player need to pick a checkpoint, and make a choice.
Checkpoint zero is always avalaible. (if a new player does not specify a checkpoint, I will assume, they are starting at checkpoint zero.)

Checkpoint are created three main ways:
1. Each player has one opportunity to make a checkpoint, before (almost) any choice.
2. Anytime a player does not act in 2 weeks, their corrent plot line become a checkpoint. (unless if they saved a checkpoint beforehand, that case their corrent plot is lost.)
3. Any player can jump (almost) anytime to any existing checkpoint, including checkpoint zero, taking it as their new plot, making their corrent plot as a new checkpoint. (they still can't pass the 1 checkpoint per player limit.) Also this one gives back the checkpoint to the one who saved it. (if it is confusing, I can give examples later, this section is long enough already...)
Any player can erase their current checkpoint.

new rules may be discovered during game play, the current rules are enough to start the game.
game started.

Mask

Checkpoint zero:

You wake up from your sleep and find out you are trapped in a room with 15 other humanoid. More specifically with 14 human and a single lizard-man.
You don't know any of them. There are young ones, old ones, girls and boys too.
Everyone wear the same black uniform. Surprisingly the lizardmen wears it too and fits him... them well.
The lights are dim and you have the feeling it can become dark anytime soon.
There is only one door. When you first glance on it, it looks like an automatic sideways scrolling door. (like in big malls, but it is metal, and not glass.)
A beeping sound comes from your wrist.
You have a wrist watch equipped.
No on else has such an equipment. Somehow you know it means something.
You look down on the watch, Its ticking backwards. It looks like you have 50 hours to do something.

Mask

Discoveries/checkpoints.
This post gets updated, when someone makes a discovery, or a checkpoint.

Discoveries:
The Person starts with a beeping wrist watch (collective)
The Person's room at checkpoint zero is suspected to survive any catastrophe. (Fishmael.)
The wristwatch has an alarm countdown setting. (\\/\/)

Checkpoints:
Checkpoint zero. (collective.)

Mask

PLAYERS:

Joyous Theta
Checkpoint not used

Fishmael
Checkpoint not used

\\/\/
Checkpoint not used

Byron_Inc_TBG
Checkpoint not used.
Labeled as not reliable.

NPCs:

???, (Lizardman)
Liliann, (little girl)
Spires. (adult man)
Mike. (teenager guy.)
Catharine. (girl)/Cathie/Cat
Not a pet.

Joyous Theta

Since we only have 50 hours, we might as well make it worthwhile and DANCE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER DANCED BEFORE.

Fishmael

The Person asks the others where they are.
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Mask

Quote from: Joyous ThetaSince we only have 50 hours, we might as well make it worthwhile and DANCE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER DANCED BEFORE.

A NEW PLAYER JOINED.

You Star dancing, some people (including the Lizardman) just shake their head, and start to investigate the place.
While you dancing, those people leaving the room some of them alone, some of them in groups.
In few minutes only just a handful of people left with you.
A little girl starts to dance as well, but you notice, he is afraid to going close to you.
Your watch is still beeping.

Quote from: FishmaelThe Person asks the others where they are.

A NEW PLAYER JOINED

The others answer the Person that they don't know, where there aexactly are, but it looks like a bunker and they assume the place can survive any kind of catastrophie.
(NEW DISCOVERY MADE.)
The Person's watch is still beeping.

Quote from: \//"Where are we?"

A NEW PLAYER JOINED.

???: "I don't know exactly where, but it looks like we are in a bunker. I assume this place can survive any kind of catastrophe.
(DISCOVERY ALREADY MADE.)
the wristwatch is still beeping.

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG"Oh my god! A lizard man!"

A NEW PLAYER JOINED.

Most Person just look at you and bookmarking you as someone not really reliable.
???: "Yes, we can see that too. Their presence does not change the fact, that we were probably kisnapped and locked up here.
The lizardman just shake their head and leaves through the door.
???: "Well, at least I was wrong, and we are not locked up..."
the wristwatch is still beeping.

Byron_Inc_TBG

eh

Wolfslime123

Hmm... we should all ask different questions, since each of us know each other's actions.

Check the watch. Why's it beeping?
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

Take a good look at myself to try and see what I am the little girl is afraid of, while still dancing of course.

Mask

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG"Where are we, anyway?"

???: "I don't know. Why don't you tell me?
It's strange, you know this question had persistent answers beforehand. Maybe something changed?
The wristwatch is still beeping.

Quote from: \//Hmm... we should all ask different questions, since each of us know each other's actions.

Check the watch. Why's it beeping?
Yes, That's the main point of the game.

You check the watch. And playing it a while.
It looks like next to the 50 hour countdown, it has an other alarm countdown too, which starts beeping annoyingly, when it reaches zero, until you press a button on it. You can set the countdown starting from 5 second, up until 50 hours.
NEW DISCOVERY MADE.

Quote from: Joyous ThetaTake a good look at myself to try and see what I am the little girl is afraid of, while still dancing of course.
You take a good look on yourself. You have a black suit on you, like everyone else in the room. It's a cheap kind. While you try to figure out why the girl is afraid, you notice she is not afraid only you, but anyone try to move close to her.
Your watch is still beeping.

Byron_Inc_TBG

The Person sets the alarm countdown to 1 hour and 15 minutes. He asks the little girl. "Little girl, why are you afraid?"

(What do you mean by "not reliable?")
eh

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Mask

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGThe Person sets the alarm countdown to 1 hour and 15 minutes. He asks the little girl. "Little girl, why are you afraid?"

(What do you mean by "not reliable?")

???, (little girl): Me? Afraid? Why you think I am afraid?
I am brave. Very brave. Just don't come close to me.
little girl runs away, through the door.
An adult man clap on your shoulder.
???, (adult man): in less than two minutes, you forced two person to leave. What a stupid power you have...

(It means, the NPCs in your timeline will act differently towards you, according their opinions about you.)

Quote from: \//Set the watch to five seconds.
You set the watch, and a few seconds later, your watch starts beeping again.

Byron_Inc_TBG

"I'm telling you, I'm the third! I don't wna told be in the same room with you, you stinky old man!" Byron said as he ran out of the room.
eh

Wolfslime123

This seems to be a normal timer.
Synchronize it with the other timer.

"What are your names?"
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

"Is everything alright?" The Person asks, breakdancing.

Mask

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBG"I'm telling you, I'm the third! I don't wna told be in the same room with you, you stinky old man!" Byron said as he ran out of the room.

You run out of the building. As you do that, you step in a forest, with very high trees. They cast their shadows as far as you can see. It is unusually hot here.
The room you were is only a little cube compared to the trees.
Not so far away, next to a tree, there is a stone statue.

Quote from: \//This seems to be a normal timer.
Synchronize it with the other timer.

"What are your names?"

You synchronize the two timer.
Figuring out your clock, and making some quick Tests you used up about 10 Minutes.
Both of your countdown has 49 hours and 50 minutes left.
A bit of a time passed after your question.
First, the adult man speaks. (The one who scared Byron away)
???: Spires.
Hearing this the little girl speaks too:
???: Lil... Liliann.
Liliann speaks very quiet. But you think you understood her name.
At last a teenage guy answers:
???: Call me Mike.
The others don't want to answer you.
There must be a secret, why they behave this way.
[Sub Goal: reveal the secrets UPDATED.]

Quote from: Joyous Theta"Is everything alright?" The Person asks, breakdancing.
Liliann looks at the Person, while the Person is breakdancing, and after a few seconds she nods a little.

Mask

(players and NPCs were added in the post after discoveries and checkpoints.)

Wolfslime123

"Well. I'm... whatever you want to call me I suppose."

Offer everyone who gave their name a handshake, except Liliann.

Look out the door.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

The Person suddenly stops dancing, "It's ok if you're nervous, I mean, I don't even know what's going on myself, I'm pretty nervous about this whole thing so I just dance instead." The Person giggles to themself.

Byron_Inc_TBG

The person walks to the stone statue. He examines that statue.
eh

Mask

Quote from: \//"Well. I'm... whatever you want to call me I suppose."

Offer everyone who gave their name a handshake, except Liliann.

Look out the door.
You shake hands with Spires.
There isn't anything special about it.

However. Shaking händs with Mike does not go that fluent.
He insist fistbumping instead first, but he realize, how absurd would that be in the current scenario, so the two of you shakes hand.
His hand feels different. Compared to Spires' hand it is a little bit colder, and definetly more rocky.
Outside you find yourself in the same forest, with one little difference. There is no clue about any statue...

Quote from: Joyous ThetaThe Person suddenly stops dancing, "It's ok if you're nervous, I mean, I don't even know what's going on myself, I'm pretty nervous about this whole thing so I just dance instead." The Person giggles to themself.

Liliann tries to immitate the giggle, but she stops it very early.
"I don't know neither. The only thing is it... It is.. Dangerous.. Very dangerous.. Your dance isn't as dangerous."

Quote from: Byron_Inc_TBGThe person walks to the stone statue. He examines that statue.
Its grey and rocky. It is in a good shape, even though it is outside.
After examining it more you can tell: It's a human statue. An adult woman. Around the same hight as some of the people from the room. You don't recognise anything else at the moment.