News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

S P R A W L

Started by Wolfslime123, Sep 14, 2020, 02:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfslime123

[S P R A W L]
________
The Urbanworld of Avail is a shining beacon. The New York of the civilized New Frontier. It provides goods and products all over the star cluster, despite its somewhat small size, only as big as Sol's Mercury. City stretches around the entire planet, separated only by the long canals that stretch block to block. Nearly the whole planet is a city, made habitable by trade from other planets and advanced climate control.

Or at least... it used to.

The war seemed long off, with the frontline being so far. But it affected Avail anyway. It's biggest suppliers of food had been annexed. Food shortages quickly arose. People rioted. They went after government stores when they could not provide enough for everyone. They turned on each other when they couldn't reach the stores. Who knew that a city the size of a planet would be so hard to control?
______
Avail is split into many partially self-governing Zones split into smaller subzones.
Cross, formally known as Subzone 134 had made precautions, seeing the consequences of the coming war. As part of the Global Destabilization Labilization Contingency (GDLC, or "GooDLuCk") a network of highly trained sleeper agents was created to serve as a military for the Subzone in the event of the expected crisis.

Your character is one such agent, recently arrived at the Base of Operations.

Character Sheet
Name:
Personality:
Weapon:
Kit:
Extra:
Other:
Personality is a required field. In particular, I'm looking for your character's moral compass.  If you're confused about what it is I want in the personality field, feel free to ask me on discord.

Extras are small modifiers granted based on the Agents' past experiences. You can make your own small starter extra. They'll be kind of small, but active extra abilities can be a little stronger
Examples:
"Prior Combat Experience" Passive, +1 offensive modifier
"Cover Optimization" Active, +3 defensive modifier
"Reckless Action" Active, +4 offensive modifier, -2 defense modifier
"Tough" Passive, Increases max HP by 3

TBRP'd acceptable.

Actions:
On your action you can:
Defend: Adds 5 points to your defense check.
Attack: Attack with your weapon, you must make an offensive check higher than your target's defensive check.
Kit: Use a kit ability

Stats:
Health: Dictates how long can you keep fighting. If you reach 0 HP, you can be stabilized and can be brought back to base by your allies, but if no one is there to save you, you will die.
Damage: How much damage you deal
Offense Modifier: Modifies your roll when making an offensive check
Defense Modifier: Modifies your roll when making a defensive check

Checks are rolled on a d10.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Wolfslime123

Weapons:
Unarmed: "Come at me!!" -Civilian Hero Leeroy Jenkins
[list=*]
[li]+1 damage[/li]
[li]-5 offense modifier[/li]
[li]-3 defense modifier[/li]
[/list]
Attribute: "Draw Attention" Target must target you.

Rifle: "Target Spotted. Open fire!" - Rifleman "Flash"
[list=*]
[li]+5 damage[/li]
[li]+2 offense modifier[/li]
[li]+2 defense modifier[/li]
[/list]
Attribute: N/A

Sniper: "Now, watch for the glint of his scope. There! In the window!" -Marksman "Faresight"
[list=*]
[li]+10 damage[/li]
[li]-3 offense modifier[/li]
[li]+3 defense modifier[/li]
[/list]
Attribute: "Headshot" Deals +5 bonus damage on a rolled 10. If this is the killing shot, the target is instantly dead and cannot be resuscitated.

Shotgun: "Hit 'em hard and fast! Breach in 3, 2, 1!" -Assault "Epic"
[list=*]
[li]+6 damage[/li]
[li]+3 offense modifier[/li]
[li]-2 defense modifier[/li]
[/list]
Attribute: "Flush" Incurs -2 defense modifier on target's next roll, takes effect even on miss.

LMG: "Move up on my mark! I'll cover you!" -Heavy "Joyous"
[list=*]
[li]+4 damage[/li]
[li]+1 offense modifier[/li]
[li]+0 defense modifier[/li]
[/list]
Attribute: "Suppress" Incurs -3 offense modifier on target's next attack, takes effect even on miss.

Kits:
Scanner: "Contact. 11 o'clock. Behind the wall." -Scanner "Faresight"
Defensive: "Hazard Identification and Notification Transmission (HINT)" +1 defense modifier for all allies
Offensive: "Targeting Ray Emitter Pulse (TRAP)" +1 attack modifier for all allies
Self: "Personal Operation Guidance Robotic System (POGRS)" +2 offense modifier and +2 defense modifier for user
Special: "Hands Free" Using the kit does not take an action.

Medic: "Stay calm. I got you." -Medic "Joyous"
Defensive: "Med Gel" Restores 3 Health for target
Offensive: "Combat Shot" +3 attack modifier for target
Self: "Reflexive Shock Treatment" Incurs +2 defense modifier and restores 1 Health to the user. Restores 3 Health if used right after an attack.
Special: "Resuscitate" Revives a downed ally with 6 health. Must make a Resuscitation check.

Shielder "Taking Fire. Advancing!" -Shielder "Epic"
Defensive: "Cover" Redirects attacks from an ally to you.
Offensive: "Shield Charge" Incurs  -3 defense modifier (to the enemy) and deals 3 damage to target, incurs -3 defense modifier to user.
Self: "Fortify" Adds +3 Shield Points, which deplete before Health Points.
Special: "Dodge Tackle" Ensures the target survives with at least 1 hitpoint if they hit 0 hp. Only works on targets that had more than 1 hp before they were downed, and if they were downed last turn.

Engineer "Contact! Deploying turret!" -Engineer "T-Walker"
Defensive: "Armor Turret" Deploys a Turret. The turret will start firing on your next turn. You can only have 1 of any kind of turret deployed at a time. You can spend a turn packing up your deployed turret.
[list=*]
[li]30 Health Points[/li]
[li]Equipped with an LMG[/li]
[li]-4 attack modifier[/li]
[li]-2 defense modifier[/li]
[/list]
Offensive: "Gun Turret"
[list=*]
[li]10 Health Points[/li]
[li]Equipped with Sniper[/li]
[li]+6 attack modifier[/li]
[li]-6 defense modifier[/li]
[/list]
Self: "Repair Armor" Restores 2 Health Points.
Special: "ARM box (Anti-Recoil Munitions)" Incurs +3 attack modifier to the target.

Duplicate offense and defense modifiers do not stack.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Wolfslime123

Access the map to view missions: Map
Check the statuses of Agents in the: Agent Roster
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Faressain

Name: "Faresight"
Appearance: A camo suit seems to be a main feature of his appearance. He also has a suitcase for a sniper rifle and of course a holster for grenade and a rifle.
Personality: Organized and of course rigid with his own discipline. He himself says that order has some advantage over chaos.
Weapon: Sniper
Kit: Scanner
Extra: Grenade - Attack for 7 damage plus splash 1d5 damade to two other people and -3 defense modifier to self. Usable only once per return to base.
Other: His Sniper Rifle too has its name - "Rares".
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Joyous Theta

Name: "Joyous"
Appearance: Long brown hair I guess? Except I dunno that long hair would be allowed so short brown hair instead.
Personality: Is a self insert and thus like me she acts like an idiot.
Weapon: LMG
Kit: Medic
Extra: "Incendiary Rounds" Attack for 2 damage and -1 offense modifier. Upon successful hit, temporarily sets the enemy on fire, dealing 1 damage every turn.
Other: Dunno.

Wolfslime123

Quote from: Joyous ThetaName: "Joyous"
Appearance: Long brown hair I guess? Except I dunno that long hair would be allowed so short brown hair instead.
Personality: Is a self insert and thus like me she acts like an idiot.
Kit: Medic
Extra: "Incendiary Rounds" Attack for 4 damage and -1 offense modifier. Upon successful hit, temporarily sets the enemy on fire, preventing them from taking an action while they put themselves out.
Other: Dunno.

Accepted with modified extra, although, does she have an actual name or are you only submitting a nickname? Also also, I wasn't expecting you to actually make a cameo be a player character this is weird.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Wolfslime123

Quote from: FaressainName: "Faresight"
Appearance: A camo suit seems to be a main feature of his appearance. He also has a suitcase for a sniper rifle and of course a holster for grenade and a rifle.
Personality: Organized and of course rigid with his own discipline. He himself says that order has some advantage over chaos.
Weapon: Sniper
Kit: Scanner
Extra: Grenade - Attack for 6 damage plus splash 4 damage to two other people and -3 defense modifier to self. Usable only once per return to base.
Other: His Sniper Rifle too has its name - "Rares".
Oh I didn't notice you too. Accepted with modified Extra. I like that you named your rifle.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Wolfslime123

"Joyous" and "Faresight":
After receiving the activation call, you both made your way to Cross amid the chaos. It's imposing walls ward off potential attackers. You pass through the checkpoint after a relatively uneventful trek.
___
"Hey, you're some of the first ones here. You get to have the best gear." -Distribution Worker "Slashes"
___
"Yep, down the hall through that door. Valer will see you there." -Base Technician Nathaniel Roberts
___
The two of you walk into the briefing room. Coordinator Valer is there. She's got the task of well, coordinating and managing all GDLC military endeavours.
"Good to see you, Agents. As you might have seen, things are a mess out there. The subzone's fine for now, thank god the board saw this coming, but if we don't act fast, we're gonna run out of food and supplies. The sector west of us has a hydroponics. Your first mission is to secure it. Any questions?"

"Joyous" ((Do not read transparent text not under your character's name.))
["Slashes" pulls "Joyous" aside. "Hey," he says, "according to your psyche eval, you'd make good use of these."

There's a stock of stun rounds, designed to nonlethally incapacitate people.

He adds, "I'm counting on ya," and shoos her out before she can reply]
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

Name: Leif Golding (sometimes nicknamed "Flash")
Appearance: A little on the short side. Scruffy brown hair that's usually covered by a helmet or similar.
Personality: Generally quick to seize an opportunity, if not the best at thinking through the consequences. Mostly working for his own benefit.
Weapon: Rifle
Kit: Engineer
Extra: "Quick Strike": +5(?) offensive modifier only on the first turn of each battle.
Other: idk
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Wolfslime123

Quote from: FlashFlireName: Leif Golding (sometimes nicknamed "Flash")
Appearance: A little on the short side. Scruffy brown hair that's usually covered by a helmet or similar.
Personality: Generally quick to seize an opportunity, if not the best at thinking through the consequences. Mostly working for his own benefit.
Weapon: Rifle
Kit: Engineer
Extra: "Quick Strike": +3 offensive modifier only on the first turn of each battle.
Other: idk
Nerfed your Extra. The other two were already over the top. Accepted.

EDIT: Unnerfed it slightly
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Wolfslime123

"Joyous", "Faresight", and Leif:
Leif walks into the briefing room.
"Oh good," says Valer, "another agent. You can join them."
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

"Sorry, I'm a little late. What's the mission?"

Wolfslime123

"Faresight", "Joyous", and Leif
"You're not late. Agents will have trouble reaching this rendezvous, so I'm expecting to repeat things. We need to secure a hydroponics to supplement our food production or these walls won't prevent us from becoming like what's outside."
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

Blunderbus

"Understood. I think I'm ready, if you two are as well," Leif says to Joyous and Faresight.

Wolfslime123

"Joyous", "Faresight", and Leif

You all travel outside of Sector A1.

Faresight hears his guidance system in his earpiece, "Alert, you are entering an area designated Anarchy Level 1."

You walk in the direction of the Hydroponics building for perhaps half an hour when you hear a distant staccato of gunfire to your left.

Bang! Bang!

Single shots.

"Gunfire detected. 330 meters South." says Faresight's system.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

Leif lays low, looking around to see if there's anyone else nearby that might fire at them.

Wolfslime123

Leif
You don't see any potential combatants on this street. The gunfire is probably coming from around the corner.

A civilian turns in the opposite direction.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Incendiary

Name: Bob Bobson
Appearance: A black T-shirt and pants. Utility belt and small backpack.
Personality: to be RPed
Kit: engineer
Extra:
Red-handed (nicknamed "confetti", a pistol that fires 12 gauge shotgun shells, not as powerful as a regular shotgun but has similar range, mag size 5)
Sensor (detects rough locations of enemies up to 35m away every 7seconds)
Vigorous training, passive (+2 defence modifier, +1 offence modifier, +1 agility modifier)
Other: I can nerf stuff if they are too overpowered.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

Blunderbus

Quote from: DeepFriedBaconName: Bob Bobson
Extra:
Red-handed (nicknamed "confetti", a pistol that fires 12 gauge shotgun shells, not as powerful as a regular shotgun but has similar range, mag size 5)
Vigorous training, passive (+2 defence modifier, +1 offence modifier, +1 agility modifier)
I think you're only meant to have one extra

Wolfslime123

Extra:
Yes you only get to have 1 extra. Agility modifiers don't exist. Confetti doesn't have proposed stats, its mag size is unnecessary, but if you'd like to have the information I don't mind. Sensor doesn't have proposed stats either.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Incendiary

Quote from: FlashFlire
Extra:
I think you're only meant to have one extra
Oof
I'm not sure, but I can ditch sensor or nerf some stuff.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED

Incendiary

Quote from: \//
Extra:
Yes you only get to have 1 extra. Agility modifiers don't exist. Confetti doesn't have proposed stats, its mag size is unnecessary, but if you'd like to have the information I don't mind. Sensor doesn't have proposed stats either.
Ditch sensor and vigorous training.

Wolfslime123

Quote from: DeepFriedBacon
Quote from: \//
Quote from: DeepFriedBacon~~Snip~~
Ditch sensor and vigorous training.
What stats do you propose for Confetti? I will adjust them as I see fit.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

"Everything alright?!" Joyous asks the civilian.