News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Minennda's Legendary Treasure

Started by Blunderbus, Sep 13, 2020, 01:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunderbus

The queen of the island country of Minennda has sent out an order. Tales have been told throughout the years of five artifacts scattered throughout the land, which together open the path to a great treasure. In the present day, people of all kinds have spread across the country, reaching nearly every space on it. So the queen has called out for adventurers and explorers of all kind: Find the artifacts, and bring them back to the palace in Grania.

Rules
- Typical RP stuff applies: no godmodding, OP characters etc.

- Your character can be more or less anything within reason (humanoid would be nice, but not necessary).

- If I haven't updated the RP for a few days feel free to bug me on Discord or otherwise (unless I've said something in this topic explaining my absence).

- This is a fairly open-ended RP. You can go more or less wherever you want in the world at any time, though you should always make sure you're adequately prepared.

- Actions that might fail will be decided by the almighty power of the d20. You might be able to get advantages by coming up with interesting solutions to problems you face.

- Permadeath does not apply. You can still swap out your character with another if you don't like them any more, though only if there's an appropriate time to do so.

- Magic exists. In general, you're free to know magic if you want to. If you can describe what sort of spell you'd like to cast (a fireball, a healing spell, a spell to slow your fall, a light spell etc.), I'll probably be OK with it as long as it's not ridiculous.

- If you're dropped to 0 HP in a fight, you fall unconscious. Magic can wake up someone at 0 HP, but in general there's a chance it might fail. After the fight, you wake up with 1 HP.

- If the whole party gets KO'd in a fight, the RP will still continue, though you'll probably lose some progress. Exceptions to this rule may be made in pivotal moments.
Map of Minennda

Stats
Your character's abilities are affected by five stats:

Strength is your physical strength, affecting damage you do or tasks such as pushing over a heavy object.
Vitality is your stamina and endurance. It affects your HP, and tasks like carrying something for a long time.
Agility is how nimble you are, affecting how easy it is to dodge and land attacks, or tasks like jumping a long distance.
Intelligence is how much you know, affecting spellcasting or things like trying to decipher some text.
Sense is how aware your character is of their surroundings, affecting things like finding traps, or hearing a quiet sound.

Each character has an advantage in 3 of these stats, and a disadvantage in one. You can also put two advantages in the same stat for a bigger bonus, but you can't put all three into one.
Signup sheet

Name:
Description: (general description of what your character looks like)
Personality / background: (optional but please have some vague idea for a personality)
Items: (a few items, could be weapons, trinkets, potions, whatever)
Strong stats: (pick three of Strength, Vitality, Agility, Intelligence and Sense: you can put a x2 next to one stat if you want to double up on your advantage)
Weak stat: (pick one of Strength, Vitality, Agility, Intelligence or Sense)
Extras: (anything else I / other players might need to know)
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Blunderbus

Characters

Quote from: \\/\/Name: Edward Vince
Description: An Arma Automata. An Armor Golem. He is a set of animated armor. He was pretty dull, but recently had himself polished for the occasion. The inside of the armor is covered in magical ruins that make his animation, senses, and mind. The armor is also enchanted to be unchangable until it takes absorbs enough damage, on which the armor will automatically deanimate, so as to protect the runes. As such, he doesn't have many scratches.
Personality / background: Very jubilant. Aspires to be Heroic. Like a story's knight, he wants to get the treasure, slay the dragon and complete the quest. No princesess to be married though. He's just a set of armor afterall.
Items: Sword, Shield
Strong stats: Strength, Vitality, Intelleligence
Weak stat: Sense
Extras: Doesn't sleep or eat. The runes are recharged by a solar rune, which converts sunlight into magic energy. Can't be out of the sun for more than a day.

HP: 30/30
Condition: OK
Items:
- 58g
- Sword: A typical weapon for stabbing.
- Shield: Provides a boost to defensive rolls.
Quote from: DeepFriedBaconName: Jimmy Jacobs
Description: oddly looks like spiky-haired Rick Ashley in a black tshirt and gray pants, with a small backpack. Has a magic chestplate and leg guards both with self-repair properties.
Personality / background: a regular man with a regular past. Recently took up magical arts and became a professional trainer at the Grania Institute of Magic.
Items: incendiary gauntlet (shoots fireballs or sprays a beam of fire. Medium range with good accuracy. Extremely strong design.), medic's brace (a wrist-worn device that heals 10% of the user's health every turn while out of combat.), shield spike (creates a dome shield that reflects attacks, has infinite health but lasts 3 turns with a 10 turn cooldown. Heavy attacks are not reflected, only absorbed, only 3 allies can be within it at one time. Enemies can enter, but are suppressed), plastic bottle x3.
Strong stats: strength, vitality, intelligence.
Weak stat: agility is lowered by about 15% due to backpack and
Extras: I'm wondering if guns are allowed in this. Just wondering, not like I'm gonna change the items, unless their considered OP

Items:
- 309g
- Incendiary gauntlet: A magic glove that can shoot fire at moderate range.
- Medic's brace: A band that greatly speeds up health recovery outside of battle.
- Shield spike: Deployable cover that can protect up to 3 creatures. Attacks that make contact for targets inside will have up to 5 HP of their damage directed at the attacker instead of the target. Lasts 3 turns, usable once per encounter.
- Plastic bottle x3: Holds stuff. that's about it.
- Kite shield: A large shield offering a decent amount of defense.
- Scale mail: Medium armour offering some defense, without restricting mobility.
Quote from: FishmaelName: Sukre
Description: Sukre is of a lineage of lizardfolk, though far more humanoid than many. Green skin, slit eyes, scales and fangs are enough of a giveaway, though much is covered as she wear's a fisherman's attire and a hooded cloak.
Personality / background: Sukre was from a fishing town located near where Lake Lazul met the sea. One day, she was contacted by something from the deeper reaches of those lands which lie beyond the waves, hearing sirensong secrets to know how mana connects mana to form mana. She appears off to many, for the lizardfolk are not emotionless but filter the world through a more impersonal lens. She has drifted inland from the sea to search for those gifts of power whispered of by those in the deep.
Items: A modified fishing rod that she uses both as a ranged weapon/grappling device and as a magic focus, through which she forms spells that control the powers of the Sea and the Storm, Lightning and Water. The line is metal wire and the tackle is heavier than normal, with far sharper barbs, more akin to a blade on a string than a common rod.
Strong stats: Agility, Intelligence, Sense
Weak stat: Strength
Extras:

HP: 25/25
Items:
-  28g
- Metal fishing rod: A modified fishing rod with a variety of uses.
- Buckler: A light shield. Gives a bit of defense.
- Healing potion x1: Heals a small amount of HP, usable on yourself or someone else.
- Awakening potion x2: Brings an unconscious person back to the fight with a few HP.
- Arrow x7: An arrow. yeah.
- Carved plank: A piece of wood with an unknown symbol etched into it.
Quote from: seanbobeName: Zach
Description: Human. Light brown hair. Somewhat out of shape.
Personality / background: Has low confidence. Tries to not be noticed.
Items: Gold amulet (can be used as a focus for healing or support spells or as an improvised weapon. Hinders agility due to its weight.), Lab coat and goggles (Enchanted to grant poison resistance).
Strong stats: Vitality, 2x Inelligence
Weak stat: Agility
Extras: Zach is mute.

Items:
- 9g
- Gold amulet: A charm that can be used as a spellcasting focus.
- Lab outfit: Clothes that are enchanted to resist poison.
- Kite shield: A large shield offering a decent amount of defense.
- Healing potion x2: Heals a small amount of HP, usable on yourself or someone else.
- Awakening potion x2: Brings an unconscious person back to the fight with a few HP.
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsName: Jasper
Description: A mostly normal human with white skin, brown eyes, and green clothes. There are some small fruit fly wings on his back, but they're pretty much useless.
Personality / background: Very smart, but also really weird. Is probably that type of person who'd lick the kitchen floor after spilling some sugar while baking a cake. Used to be the pet fruit fly of a young apprentice in Marbane. After Jasper died as a fruit fly, the apprentice decided to learn necromancy to bring Jasper back to life as a human.
Items: 2 speed potions, a tin can with two googly eyes glued on it named "Wallace"(can throw Wallace in battle, acting as a sort of boomerang), a small magic wand.
Strong stats: Vitality, Intelligence, Sense
Extras: not much

Items:
- 50g
- Speed potion x2: Briefly increases someone's Agility.
- Pet tin can: You'll have to ask Jasper why he keeps this around. Can be used as a pseudo-boomerang in battle through the power of slightly wonky physics.
- Magic wand: A small stick imbued with a bit of magic.

Blunderbus

Reserve post just in case I happen to need it

Wolfslime123

Name: Edward Vince
Description: An Arma Automata. An Armor Golem. He is a set of animated armor. He was pretty dull, but recently had himself polished for the occasion. The inside of the armor is covered in magical ruins that make his animation, senses, and mind. The armor is also enchanted to be unchangable until it takes absorbs enough damage, on which the armor will automatically deanimate, so as to protect the runes. As such, he doesn't have many scratches.
Personality / background: Very jubilant. Aspires to be Heroic. Like a story's knight, he wants to get the treasure, slay the dragon and complete the quest. No princesess to be married though. He's just a set of armor afterall.
Extras: Doesn't sleep or eat. The runes are recharged by a solar rune, which converts sunlight into magic energy. Can't be out of the sun for more than a day.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

Quote from: \//Name: Edward Vince
Accepted

Blunderbus

Incendiary

Name: Jimmy Jacobs
Description: (general description of what your character looks like): oddly looks like spiky-haired Rick Ashley in a black tshirt and gray pants, with a small backpack. Has a magic chestplate and leg guards both with self-repair properties.
Personality / background: (optional but please have some vague idea for a personality): a regular man with a regular past. Recently took up magical arts and became a professional trainer at the Grania Institute of Magic.
Items: (a few items, could be weapons, trinkets, potions, whatever): incendiary gauntlet (shoots fireballs or sprays a beam of fire. Medium range with good accuracy. Extremely strong design.), medic's brace (a wrist-worn device that heals 10% of the user's health every turn while out of combat.), shield spike (creates a dome shield that reflects attacks, has infinite health but lasts 3 turns with a 10 turn cooldown. Heavy attacks are not reflected, only absorbed, only 3 allies can be within it at one time. Enemies can enter, but are suppressed), plastic bottle x3.
Strong stats: (pick three of Strength, Vitality, Agility, Intelligence and Sense: you can put a x2 next to one stat if you want to double up on your advantage) strength, vitality, intelligence.
Weak stat: (pick one of Strength, Vitality, Agility, Intelligence or Sense) agility is lowered by about 15% due to backpack and
Extras: (anything else I / other players might need to know): I'm wondering if guns are allowed in this. Just wondering, not like I'm gonna change the items, unless their considered OP
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

Blunderbus

Description: (general description of what your character looks like): oddly looks like spiky-haired Rick Ashley in a black tshirt and gray pants, with a small backpack. Has a magic chestplate and leg guards both with self-repair properties.
Personality / background: (optional but please have some vague idea for a personality): a regular man with a regular past. Recently took up magical arts and became a professional trainer at the Grania Institute of Magic.
Items: (a few items, could be weapons, trinkets, potions, whatever): incendiary gauntlet (shoots fireballs or sprays a beam of fire. Medium range with good accuracy. Extremely strong design.), medic's brace (a wrist-worn device that heals 10% of the user's health every turn while out of combat.), shield spike (creates a dome shield that reflects attacks, has infinite health but lasts 3 turns with a 10 turn cooldown. Heavy attacks are not reflected, only absorbed, only 3 allies can be within it at one time. Enemies can enter, but are suppressed), plastic bottle x3.
Strong stats: (pick three of Strength, Vitality, Agility, Intelligence and Sense: you can put a x2 next to one stat if you want to double up on your advantage) strength, vitality, intelligence.
Weak stat: (pick one of Strength, Vitality, Agility, Intelligence or Sense) agility is lowered by about 15% due to backpack and
Extras: (anything else I / other players might need to know): I'm wondering if guns are allowed in this. Just wondering, not like I'm gonna change the items, unless their considered OP
Fantasy setting so no guns, unless you want to do the thing where you have a magic staff shaped like a gun.
I might nerf the shield spike a bit, it seems a bit powerful at the moment (full damage immunity for 3 turns). How about, rather than blocking all damage and reflecting it, it absorbs some amount of damage (say, up to 5 damage per attack) and deals that damage back?
Everything looks good other than that, though.

Incendiary

Quote from: FlashFlire
Fantasy setting so no guns, unless you want to do the thing where you have a magic staff shaped like a gun.
I might nerf the shield spike a bit, it seems a bit powerful at the moment (full damage immunity for 3 turns). How about, rather than blocking all damage and reflecting it, it absorbs some amount of damage (say, up to 5 damage per attack) and deals that damage back?
Alright, that sounds fair, a 50% chance to reflect up to 5 damage while maintaining the duration.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED

Blunderbus

Quote from: DeepFriedBacon
Alright, that sounds fair, a 50% chance to reflect up to 5 damage while maintaining the duration.
Accepted, in that case.
(also making it once per encounter because I don't expect most fights will last more than 10 turns and I don't really want to keep track of cooldowns)

Joyous Theta

Name: Lolly the "Candy Queen"
Description: A woman made entirely out of candy, completely edible, but she would prefer you not. Technically a golem, though was made to look human.
Personality / background: Seeks out adventure and would like to make an impact on the world. Originally created for a festival, she aspired to go far beyond her original purpose.
Items: A giant lollipop, sharpened to act as a battle axe.
Strong stats: Strength, Vitality x2
Extras: May or may not be animated in a similar way to Edward, I don't really know, but either way she wasn't built to last more than a day. Cannot feel physical pain.

Blunderbus

Quote from: Joyous ThetaName: Lolly the "Candy Queen"
Description: A woman made entirely out of candy, completely edible, but she would prefer you not. Technically a golem, though was made to look human.
Personality / background: Seeks out adventure and would like to make an impact on the world. Originally created for a festival, she aspired to go far beyond her original purpose.
Extras: May or may not be animated in a similar way to Edward, I don't really know, but either way she wasn't built to last more than a day. Cannot feel physical pain.
Accepted.

I'll wait a while longer in case anyone else wants to join, though you can still join after it starts.

Incendiary

Accepted.

I'll wait a while longer in case anyone else wants to join, though you can still join after it starts.
So a literal candy?
:/
Are there going to be any more humans?

Blunderbus

Quote from: DeepFriedBacon
Accepted.

So a literal candy?
:/
Are there going to be any more humans?
Depends on if people want to play as humans I guess

Blunderbus

Edward, Jimmy and Lolly stand in the audience chamber of Grania's palace, along with several other adventures of all kinds. As the last few explorers enter into the room, Queen Anna II steps forward, and the room falls silent.

"Thank you to all of the brave men and women here who are willing to help us find the artifacts! Our archaeologists and historians have been trying to pinpoint the locations of them, and I believe we have a few theories. Professor Tila, if you would?"

An old dwarf, holding a map and a notebook, nods back at her, and steps forward. He looks a bit rough for someone royally appointed to such an important task.
"Yes, we've been workin' to find where these things are, an' we have a rough idea about three of 'em so far. If you'd all look at yer maps... there are a few points I'd like y'all to take note of.
Our first bet's the middle of Emrelda Forest, up north. Few've ventured into the heart of it, so it's not unreasonable that there's one there.
We're also lookin' at Mt. Aerite, which is jus' outside of town. From our research nobody's ever reached the summit.
Reports have been croppin' up about something weird at the bottom of Lake Lazul, as well."

Anna II nods. "Thank you, Professor. That's the current situation of our research. Our researchers will continue to work on finding the likely locations of the treasures. Before you all leave, however, we're funding all your efforts. Talk to the guard on your way out: we're providing you all with 50 gold to help with your preparations. I trust you'll spend it on supplies and not waste it, mm?
You can come up and talk to the professor if you want more information. Other than that, good luck in your searches!"

The queen leaves the room, and the adventurers begin chatting once again. Some start leaving, collecting their funds from the guard by the door. Professor Tila stays up the front of the room, talking to a small party of explorers.

Wolfslime123

"I don't think I need to buy anything. I have my trusty sword and shield afterall!" exclaims Edward.

"If you need me fair sir and maiden, I will be seeing what the Professer is saying."

With that, he clanks off.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Incendiary

"I thank you, your highness. We shall attempt to uncover these treasures"

Jimmy heads off and catches up to Edward.

"So, I believe your name was Edward?" Jimmy asks. "Anyway, I've added notes to my map. I believe Emrelda forest is the easiest and therefore I would recommend finding the artefact there first. I've actually been inside it, too, not into the heart, but a fair way in. I've done my fair share of exploring, all I saw was emeralds growing on trees and some glowing green birds."

Joyous Theta

"I suppose I'll go collect the gold now?" Lolly says, as she watches Edward and Jimmy run off. She quickly turns around heads towards the guard by the door.

Wolfslime123

"I want imagining I'd visit the Mountain. Seeing as I need not the breath of life. But first I'd quite like to listen to what this Professor is professing."
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

Quote from: \//"I don't think I need to buy anything. I have my trusty sword and shield afterall!" exclaims Edward.

"If you need me fair sir and maiden, I will be seeing what the Professer is saying."

With that, he clanks off.
Quote from: DeepFriedBacon"I thank you, your highness. We shall attempt to uncover these treasures"

Jimmy heads off and catches up to Edward.

"So, I believe your name was Edward?" Jimmy asks. "Anyway, I've added notes to my map. I believe Emrelda forest is the easiest and therefore I would recommend finding the artefact there first. I've actually been inside it, too, not into the heart, but a fair way in. I've done my fair share of exploring, all I saw was emeralds growing on trees and some glowing green birds."
Prof. Tila finishes talking to the  previous set of adventurers, and turns to Edward and Jimmy.
"You two thinking about going to Emrelda Forest, eh? I ought to warn you, it's more dangerous than it might sound. We've heard somethin' about a dangerous monster guarding the lake in the middle of it. I'd wager that it's got somethin' to do with the artifact. The easiest way to get there is probably to go north to Obsin, and follow the river in. Less risk of gettin' lost that way."

Quote from: Joyous Theta"I suppose I'll go collect the gold now?" Lolly says, as she watches Edward and Jimmy run off. She quickly turns around heads towards the guard by the door.
The guard stares curiously at Lolly for a second.
"...Oh, yes, the gold, right. Here."
He hands Lolly a small pouch of gold. "If you've got any teammates, make sure they come pick up their funds as well."

Quote from: \//"I want imagining I'd visit the Mountain. Seeing as I need not the breath of life. But first I'd quite like to listen to what this Professor is professing."
"Oh, interested in Mt. Aerite, as well? It's quite a challenging climb. Best to buy some proper climbing equipment with those funds if you're going there, eh? There have also been some people sayin' they saw strange flashes coming from the peak."

Wolfslime123

"Anything to tell us about the Lake Lazul?"

After listening to the professor, Edward goes to to collect his funds.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

Quote from: \//"Anything to tell us about the Lake Lazul?"

After listening to the professor, Edward goes to to collect his funds.
"Some people in Sapphy are sayin' there's a ruin on the lakebed, so we think an artifact might be in there," the professor replies. "That one's a bit more complicated than the other two, since it's, y'know, at the bottom of a lake. You'll have to find some way to breathe underwater if ya wanna get down there. Someone in Byx might be selling a potion or somethin' for that: there's an awful lot of magic stuff on the Topaz Isles, you know. We're working on a slightly more... reliable solution, though.
...Actually, I don't know if you need to breathe... Your buddy there sure does, though," he says, pointing at Jimmy.
"Well, whichever one you go for first, though, good luck! You'll need it."

Edward walks to the door where Lolly is, and the guard gives him another pouch of gold.

Incendiary

Jimmy collects his gold and looks at his map.

"From what I remember, the professor is right, following the river at Obsin is the best way to go. The monster is a thing too, but not many know of the strengths and weaknesses"

Fishmael

Name: Sukre
Description: Sukre is of a lineage of lizardfolk, though far more humanoid than many. Green skin, slit eyes, scales and fangs are enough of a giveaway, though much is covered as she wear's a fisherman's attire and a hooded cloak.
Personality / background: Sukre was from a fishing town located near where Lake Lazul met the sea. One day, she was contacted by something from the deeper reaches of those lands which lie beyond the waves, hearing sirensong secrets to know how mana connects mana to form mana. She appears off to many, for the lizardfolk are not emotionless but filter the world through a more impersonal lens. She has drifted inland from the sea to search for those gifts of power whispered of by those in the deep.
Items: A modified fishing rod that she uses both as a ranged weapon/grappling device and as a magic focus, through which she forms spells that control the powers of the Sea and the Storm, Lightning and Water. The line is metal wire and the tackle is heavier than normal, with far sharper barbs, more akin to a blade on a string than a common rod.
Strong stats: Agility, Intelligence, Sense
Extras:
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Wolfslime123

"Hmm. Very well, we shall depart to Obsin then!"

Edward technically doesn't try to look around since he's more excited to go on the quest, but I would still like to know what's outside the gate.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/