News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

In Your DREAMS!

Started by Epicness123, Aug 31, 2020, 09:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epicness123

Enter the city of Hexia, Tennessee. A local college student has created a marvelous invention- the Dream Earpiece. This allows two or more people to enter a shared dream-like world in a state of sleep, essentially allowing for shared lucid dreams. All you have to do is put it on before bed, go to sleep, and bam! You're in the dream world, baby! This invention has been reproduced and shared around students in the area. It seems like fun! What can possibly go wrong?

Humans are called Dreamers. They exist in the real world and enter the dream world in their sleep.
In the dream world, there are beings called Dream Figments. These beings live in the dream world and interact with each other in it.

Rules for real-life interactions:
1. In real-life, all characters must be humans.
2. It is preferred that all characters are still in school/college.
3. Any injuries you sustain in real life will persist and will take time to recover from.
4. No godmodding.
5. If you're awake, you can't enter the dream world. No exceptions.

Rules for dream-world interactions (Dreamers):
1. In the dream world, you can take any form you want! You are not bound by the limits of real life. Grow wings, be an animal that only exists in fantasy or fiction, there are no limits!
2. Any injuries you sustain in the dream world can usually be recovered from quickly. I mean, you're in a dream. It's not like you can die in it.
3. Godmodding is allowed (to an extent!) The dream world is all about having fun.
4. When you wake up, you exit the dream world. You usually know when you're about to wake up.

Rules for dream-world interactions (Dream Figments):
1. You can take any form you want! You are not bound by the limits of real life. Grow wings, be an animal that only exists in fantasy or fiction, there are no limits!
2. Any injuries you sustain may take a bit of time to recover from if you are a Dream Figment, unlike dreamers.
3. Dream Figments have less power than Dreamers. They may still be able to do things like fly and jump high, but may not be able to materialize big objects.
4. DREAM FIGMENTS CANNOT ENTER THE REAL WORLD. NO EXCEPTIONS!!

Signups:

Dreamers:
Name:
Real-world Appearance:
Dream-world Appearance: (YOU ARE ALLOWED TO CHANGE THIS WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT)
Personality:
Other:

Dream Figments:
Name:
Appearance: (YOU ARE ALLOWED TO CHANGE THIS WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT)
Personality:
Other:

Characters:
Epicness123
Nathan, M, 17
Locke, M, 19
-
Flake, M

FlashFlire
Isaac, M, 17

Fishmael
Rose, F, 18

\\/\/
Alan, M, 17

Joyous Theta
Susie, F, 20
-
Craig, nonbinary

Squirrelflight (aka gayfeather)
Tsukei, F, 19

cheesyfriendeggs
Jackson, M, 17
au
tbger since 2013

Blunderbus

Name: Isaac Sam
Real-world Appearance: Slightly stocky build. Has scruffy blond hair and hazel eyes. Usually wears a light blue jacket and brown pants.
Dream-world Appearance: Pretty much the same as in the real world, though he has grey feathery wings. Maybe also a little taller, but nobody's quite sure.
Personality: Not necessarily a 'troublemaker', but he does like to joke around, occasionally at the expense of others. He's still usually committed, and will put in effort when he needs to.
Other: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Epicness123

[Accepted.]

Name: Nathan
Real-world Appearance: About 5ft 10in tall. Has light blue eyes and short, black hair. Usually wears either a blue or green t-shirt and athletic shorts. Sometimes wears a dark grey jacket. Always wears tennis shoes.
Dream-world Appearance: Like his normal real-life appearance, but with cartoon-like bunny ears.
Personality: Is very athletic, but tends to get hyper very easily.
Other: Has an unhealthy obsession with TF2. Tends to get the feeling that there is another version of himself existing in a different dimension.

Name: Locke
Real-world Appearance: 6ft 2in. Wears glasses. Has black eyes and black hair. Always wears a buttoned shirt and blue jeans. Wears dress shoes.
Dream-world Appearance: Is a small, fuzzy, kemono-like cutesy gray dragon.  
Personality: Huge freaking nerd, but is also introverted.
Other: Is secretly a furry.
au
tbger since 2013

Fishmael

Name: Amy Barlow
Real-world Appearance: The build of one who doesn't try too hard at anything, hair the color and texture of dried flax, eyes the color of strong tea, and a complexion not dissimilar to a cave fish. The bags under her eyes show that she is already more accustomed to being asleep than she is to being awake.
Dream-world Appearance: Exactly the same, though far less tired. On occasion, however, she will take the form of a harpy.
Personality: Speaks in a manner that is sometimes obtuse, and doesn't seem to treat others as though they were actually around her. That latter sentiment may make her decision to use a device that allows her to enter dreams seem trivial, but who am I to judge?
Other:
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Wolfslime123

Name: Alan Foster
Real-world Appearance: Tries to avoid baggy or loose clothing. Instead opting for straight edged, formal clothes, dress for the way you want style. He looks like he's got everything under control in his life.
Dream-world Appearance: He looks pretty much the same, except he's more laid back and more open than he is otherwise.
Personality: Probably can call him an over achiever. He's afraid of failure and bad grades. Doesn't really relax. He has a lot of school stress and honestly enjoys his sleeping hours more than his waking ones. With the introduction of the dream earpiece, it might become addicting to just fall into a world of lucid dreams and pure imagination, and forget about the real world.
Other: Nada
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

Name: Susie
Real-world Appearance: Has long red hair and is probably wearing a skirt or something, I don't really know.
Dream-world Appearance: To be RP'd.
Personality: To be RP'd.
Other: I have no idea what I'm doing.

Epicness123

6PM

Nathan enters his house. Phew... what a long day. He had to stay after school for 2 hours to do all his missing assignments... Well, at least he's home now.
"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" he shouted. He went to his room and sat down at his PC. It was time to waste the night away with some TF2.

-

Locke is at home. He's busy drawing in his sketchbook.
au
tbger since 2013

Prism

Name: Tsukei Kashikaze (可視風 津系)
Real-world Appearance: An Asian girl standing about 5'9" (176 cm) tall. Her hair is black, curly, and reaches to her shoulders. Her eyes are the colour of mint. She wears glasses. Her usual attire consists of a simple coloured t-shirt, denim shorts, and tennis shoes.
Dream-world Appearance: To be RP'ed.
Personality: To be RP'ed.
Other: alternate universe tsukei
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Epicness123

au
tbger since 2013

Blunderbus

Isaac sat down in his chair, put his dinner down on his desk, and opened up his laptop. He'd done all of his homework (except his history, but he figured he could get away with that one) and was about ready to take a break.
He opened up Steam, noticing that Nathan was online. And playing TF2. Of course. He sent a message:
Hey

Joyous Theta

Susie enters her dorm room, quickly lying down on her bed and whipping her phone out.

Epicness123

Nathan was already in a round of Payload. He saw Isaac message him.
He replied
yo
au
tbger since 2013

Prism

I sigh and flop down on my bed. I didn't expect college to be that hard, but here I am, with a hundred katrillion assignments due soon. I hadn't studied or practised for the last couple of days. I opened up my laptop, but instead of starting to do my assignments, I just opened Steam to see if any of my friends were on.

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Wolfslime123

Alan was hard at work on his school work. Almost done with this essay.

And after this I have to practice violin.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Fishmael

Amy checks the time. Six o'clock, the perfect time to sleep. Wait... She was forgetting something. She pulled out the small device she had recently received and looked it over. She figured she might as well try it out if she was going to be spending so much time asleep anyways. There was one problem, though. She... she had no idea how to operate it.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Epicness123

Nathan saw Tsukei was online.

yoooooooooooooo tsuke
au
tbger since 2013

Blunderbus

Hows it going getting trickstabbed
He booted up TF2 himself. His laptop wasn't the greatest at running it, but he didn't really mind.

Prism

A message pops up on my screen. It's from familyguysux92 (which would be my friend Nathan). I type a quick reply back.
tsuki-moonlight
yoooooo whats up nathan!

Fishmael

Amy tried flicking a switch, and noticed what appeared to be a button inside of an indent. Did... Did that mean it was a reset button, or did this thing run off of Bluetooth or something? She was too tired to deal with this sort of thing right now. It would require a second opinion. She opened her laptop, and messaged Nathan.
Hello, Nathan. I have recently come into possession of a fascinating device. However, as Tantalus can not reach the fruit before him, I can not activate the mechanism before me. In a moment of weakness, I ask for advice.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Epicness123

Nathan responds to Isaac.
Shut up
Nathan responds to Tsuke
ayyy!! nothing much, just got home from school. how was your day?
Nathan responds to Amy
english plz
Nathan continues to be in denial about being a bad Medic player

-

Locke finally finishes his drawing. He takes a picture of it and uploads it to his secret deviantART account.
au
tbger since 2013

Wolfslime123

Alan has done with his essay.

Then violin, then... he'd have to check. Also, there was that thing his friend got him.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Fishmael

She replies to Nathan with the following.
Hello, Nathan. The dream device eludes me. How do I turn it on?
ouns are they/she, pleas

Epicness123

Nathan responds to Rose.
oh, u just put it in your ear when you go to sleep. thats it
i got mine 2 days ago so i dont know how to fully work it but i did that and i got it to work
au
tbger since 2013

Blunderbus

Isaac chuckled to himself, joining the match Nathan was in.

He sent another message:
Hey you had one of those dream things right? I got one last weekend but I haven't tried it yet

Fishmael

Hello, Nathan. Thank you for your response. I hope few calamities befall you.
Amy closes her laptop, and inserts the device into her ear before settling into bed at a comfortable time in the early evening, as one should if they're expected to get a full night's rest.
ouns are they/she, pleas