News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Elementals RP /\ Yes I’m reviving it /\ Join Today! Accepting everyone

Started by Incendiary, May 17, 2020, 08:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incendiary

I was searching through old RPs and thought this one would be good to revive. It seemed good, and I think I get the mechanics of it. But I've changed it. A lot.

Backstory
Elementia began with 7 elements: Fire, water, life, earth, magic, air and shadow. These elements co-existed well and never fought each other. However, scientists made a grave mistake. Each element had light within them, and removing the light from a sample of shadow plants caused it to become corrupted and spread as darkness. Light soon became it's own element, no longer being a part of the other elements. But as the darkness spread, light was the only way to suppress the darkness. Now, not even light can keep it at bay. It's up to you to keep this threat contained and eradicate it while you still can.

Rules
 - Obviously, no overpowered moves or weapons, no OP characters.
 - No deliberately injuring, taking things from or being disrespectful to others or a 3 turn suspension occurs. This can extend due to repeat offences.
 - Game is based off a 1d20 dice roll. This can be changed by modifiers. The dice decides everything. Well, not everything but quite a bit of the game is based off it.
 - The RP follows a set path, please do not try to derail the story.
 - Because I find them OP, there are no god characters in this game. Rolling a 20 gives you the shadow element which is strong against everything but not ridiculously overpowered. Unlike that Steve guy, who was really OP
 - No controlling other characters.
 - Romance is allowed, just don't take it too far. Kissing is allowed, just no weddings or engagements.

The game
Characters have these stats when in battle:
-HP: most obvious, how much damage entities can take before dying.
-Vitality: Vitality is how strong you are compared to your maximum strength at the time and lowers as the entity takes damage. At 0 vitality, they can barely move and attack. Physical melee weapons are useless. Powers are weakened severely.
-AC: rolling higher than this means attacks are more effective and are more likely to hit.
-Mobility: How far a person can move in one turn. Higher mobility means further travel per turn.

Conditions also apply in battle. These can be sicknesses such as poison, or physical injuries such as burns or cuts.
All players start with 3 health potions and 1 restoration potion. Health potions heal 33.3% HP each and cures minor illnesses and injuries, while restoration heals 66.6% HP and can bring back lost limbs and heal major injuries. The potion bag is held by a nominated person and carries the potions players collect with the exception of healing potions. There are many other healing items in game.

Players each have Sparkcubes, the currency throughout Elementia. Present as gas in the air, it only becomes solid in the right conditions. They can also be found underground. All players start with 1000 and currency is individual. It can be earned in many ways and is used to buy items throughout the world.

Elements
There are 6 main elements with their own strengths and weaknesses as well and Light and Darkness, two other elements without their own land sections.

Fire = Strong to life. Weak to water.
Elemental ability: create, control and destroy fire and it's related infusions.
Passive ability: cannot suffer from low temperatures or high temperatures.

Water = Strong to fire. Weak to life.
Elemental ability: create, control and destroy water and it's related infusions.
Passive ability: immune to high temperatures, cannot drown.

Life = Strong to water. Weak to fire
Elemental ability: create, control and destroy life and it's related infusions.
Passive ability: slowly heal the entire team over time, immune to plant and animal sicknesses, diseases and viruses.

Earth: Strong to air, weak to magic.
Elemental ability: create, control and destroy earth and it's related infusions.
Passive ability: extremely strong, can lift heavy objects, immune to crushing.

Magic: Strong to earth, weak to air.
Elemental ability: use magic without the use of wands, staffs or other tools.
Passive ability: heal self slowly over time, can also grant this temporarily to someone else. Immune to curses and counter curses.

Air: Strong to magic, weak to earth.
Elemental ability: create gusts of air, control wind and suffocate enemies. Able to fly.
Passive ability: cannot suffocate and can survive in vacuums.

Light: strong to darkness. Weak to everything else.
Elemental ability: blind or burn enemies, create, control and destroy light.
Passive ability: less damage taken from darkness attacks.

Darkness: weak to light. Strong to everything else.
Elemental ability: use dark powers that take many forms.
Passive ability: none.

Players can choose all elements except darkness. Remember light is weak to everything but darkness so it isn't the best outside of that situation.

Players can, if they roll a 20, get the shadow element, which is strong to everything. A useful trait, but rare for players.

Infusions are combinations of elements and are not obtainable by players without artefacts. They are found wherever elements meet.

Lava: Fire and Earth.
Ice: Water and Earth.
Poison: Water and Life.
Metal: Earth and Lava.
Shadow: Light and Darkness (very rare!).
ShadowFlame: Shadow and Fire (extremely rare!).
Snow: Ice and Air.
Miasma: Magic and Air
Dark Magic: Magic and Darkness (only usable safely by shadow or Shadowflame elementals!)
Tech: Metal and Magic
Undead: Life and Darkness (this is becoming a lot like Skylanders)
Antifreeze: Lava and Ice (wait what?)
Ultra: All elements and infusions combined (virtually impossible. Maybe)

There are more to come. Feel free to suggest infusions.

Character signup

Name:
Element:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Weapon:
Armour:
Items:
Other:

Guide so signups, do not copy and paste:
Name: character name. Don't make it ridiculous or your username.
Element: must be fire, water, life, earth, magic or air. May randomly be shadow or shadowflame.
Appearance: keep it between a few lines, make it specific: don't just say "he wears a shirt" or "she has red clothes".
Personality: keep it between 1-2 lines, preferably individual words or small groups.
Backstory: not too long. Please make it easy to understand. Be decent though: don't spend 10 seconds on it.
Weapon: one weapon only, mustn't be too strong and must be of your element. Leave blank and I will chose one.
Armour: not to strong. Must be of your element. Again, leave blank and I will chose,
Items: all players get healing items automatically, but you can choose if you want more or some extras. You can also have artefacts, pets and wearables.
Other: any additional info, questions, etcetera

Thanks for signing up, we hope to see you fighting soon!

You read down to here? Great, might as well sign up B)
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

Incendiary

Characters:

Quote from: DeepFriedBaconUsername: DeepFriedBacon
Name: Brad
Element: Shadowflame (would you look at that I got a 20!)
Appearance: A handsome 6 foot guy with dark brown hair, blue eyes, light skin, blue shirt, black shorts and lightweight shoes designed for combat and running.
Personality: a very nice guy in general, but not afraid to stand ground and fight.
Backstory: a great past. His parents and him were rich, owning the largest company in Elementia. But after finding out he was shadow, his parents sent him away. After discovering plans to take over Elementia, Brad killed them before the plan was put into motion. Brad's home is his parent's mansion. He lets his 3 quadruplet twins run the family business while Brad ventured out to recruit the most powerful elementals.
Weapon: Shadowflame SMG: a high-capacity, fast-firing SMG infused with shadowflame. It is also accurate and has infinite reserve ammo, like most elemental weapons. (10 dmg, Fire rate 15, ammo 50, reload time 1.8)
Armour: Shadowmod Elemental Armour: high end armour with a balance between strength, lightness and elemental power, infused with shadow for your convenience. (+25 HP, +4 AC, +2 mobility)
Items: charm of elements (+2 AC), Infinite healer (Heals full health, 1 use, recharges every 5 turns), Health splash (heals 50% HP to up to 3 people, up to 4 uses, regenerates 1 charge every 3 turns), backpack (+3 capacity, -1 mobility)
Other:
Stats:
HP: 125/100
Vitality: 25/25
AC: 16/10
Mobility: 4/3
Quote from: fishmaelUsername: Fishmael
Name: Lyllin
Element: Water
Appearance: A bit below a bit below average height, hair the color a weeping willow in a drought season, looks as though she has recently walked through a marsh.
Personality: Mealymouthed and cantankerous, like a swamp rat recently informed that it has to work a desk job.
Backstory: Hailing from the marshes, where she spent most of her life with little human company. She thrived mostly off of her ability to catch fish very easily, which she would sell to a traveling merchant who would give her raw sugarcane in exchange.
Weapon: Liquid Death: Fires a water ball that causes AoE damage (45 dmg, Fire rate 1.0, capacity 40, recharge time 10 sec)
Armour: Marsh armour (greater protection from life and water elements, +10 HP, +4 AC, +0 Vitality, +2 mobility)
Items: Fishing rod, fishing creel, sugarcane, trout.
Other: Has recently walked through a marsh.
Stats:
HP: 100/100
AC: 14/10
Mobility: 5/3
Quote from: \\/\/Name: Jacob Rayes
Element: Magic
Appearance: Wears a blue cloak over his relatively simple clothing, has black hair and dark brown eyes.
Personality: Distrusts those with connections to the Darkness, such as those who wield dark weapons. He's somewhat tolerable about Shadows, believing the light in them to be able to counteract the dark. Otherwise, he's an okay person.
Backstory: Lived in a large town, where he went to the school in which to learn his powers. He didn't train much in hand to hand combat, but he did learn to shoot a rifle there. He was inspired to join the fight against darkness by news and let's be honest, propaganda, so he bought a magic rifle and a knife and set off to find a group to embark on a journey against darkness.
Weapon: Wields a magic rifle (60 dmg, Fire rate 3.5, magazine size 12, reload speed 3.0) and has a mundane knife (30 dmg (150 critical), use speed 10, infinite durability, repair speed null)
Armour: An amulet, which provides a magical shield that blocks most elemental attacks and dampens physical attacks, has 300HP and when it breaks it takes 3 turns to regenerate.
Items: None, other than his starting items and his weapons and armor.
Other:
HP: 110/100
AC: 14/10 elemental, 9/10 physical.
Mobility: 4/3.
Quote from: CrazeePiName: Savan
Element: Shadowflame
Appearance: Has brown hair, cut rather short. Hazel eyes. Always found wearing her flame robes, even if she has to wear it over or under other stuff.
Personality: Usually very reserved, a bit timid, does not like to be in a role of leadership, but usually tries to be kind. Never goes full force. Has wavering faith.
Backstory: Ever since she became a priestess, she has dedicated herself to teaching that fire is not pure destruction, rather a source of warmth and safety and offing it as an transformative element instead. Despite this, she's not terribly afraid to fight with it. With the introduction of the darkness element, she's brought herself try and find those of the light element to fight the darkness, arguing with herself that since fire provides light then it is her duty to provide the light.
Weapon: Fire Vortex Staff: Summons a slow-moving fire vortex that can be controlled using the staff and deals rapid damage to anything caught inside. Lasts 5 turns, with a cooldown of 3 turns. Can be canceled early. (10 dmg, Fire rate 1.0, damage rate 20, capacity 5, recharge time 30.0)
Shadowflame Bow: fires Shadowflame arrows that inflict Shadowflame and Fires 3 arrows at a time (50 dmg, Fire rate 3.0, quiver capacity 90, regen 9 arrows every turn)
Armour: Flame Robes: Gives herself complete immunity to fire. (+5 AC, +25 HP, +5 vitality +2 mobility)
Items: Several bottles of lightning and some ordinary health potions.
Other: Please do not give me Shadow. Shadowflame is fine though since that's still fire.
Stats:
125/100HP
15/10 AC
30/25 vitality
5/3 mobility

Quote from: FlashFlireName: Marinus
Appearance: About average height, with a somewhat stocky build. Short hair that can never really be stuck down no matter how much you try.
Personality: Quite outgoing and friendly, although sometimes a little excessively. Sometimes prefers to be a bit more independent, although usually he's content just doing whatever other people tell him to do.
Backstory: Grew up in quite a cold region, close to the Earth territory. His parents were academics, although his father enjoyed fishing quite a lot, and a fair amount of his childhood was spent being dragged out way too early in the morning to fish. Despite being a water elemental, he was never particularly good at swimming.
Weapon: Steel spear infused with ice (60 dmg, use time 3.0, infinite durability, null repair time), along with a rather flimsy homemade short bow that fires barbed arrows.
Armour: Fur-lined coat, increases his resistance against water, earth and ice attacks but makes him a bit more vulnerable to fire attacks. Little physical protection.
Items: A bundle of sturdy rope and a Siphon Stone (25% of damage dealt is returned to you as health, healing you.)
Other: I totally just reused the name of my Vaporeon in Pokemon XD because I'm lazy
Stats:
90/100 Health
15 elemental AC, 9 physical AC
25/25 vitality
6 mobility
Quote from: seanbobeName: Sadie
Element: Light
Appearance: Short blonde hair, brown eyes, wears a loose fitting brown cloak.
Personality: Somewhat sarcastic when bothered, but usually doesn't talk much unless something bothers her.
Backstory: Was a farmer in a small village prior to the formation of the squad. Reluctantly agreed to assist the squad when she was recruited due to her element.
Weapon: Aurora Gauntlet: (50 dmg, 3.0 Fire rate, infinite durability, null repair time) blinds enemies when hit for a few turns, nobody is immune to this weapon except friendlies. Can be charged up to create an elemental flashbang dealing no damage but blinding enemies for a long time.
Armour: Glowing robes: (+2 AC, +5 vitality, +2 mobility) Not very effective as armor, but offers a degree of protection against statuses.
Items: A few potatoes.
Other: Sadie has a strong dislike for light despite it being her element.
Stats:
100/100 HP
12 AC
30/25 vitality
5/3 mobility

Waitlist:
These people have an accepted character but cannot join because there are too many party members. Party is limited to 6 people and anyone in the waitlist joins when someone dies.
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsName: Jade
Element: Earth
Appearance: Brown hair, green eyes, and black clothes.
Personality: Mellow, calm.
Backstory: Jade's family was a group of wandering merchants who sold plant seeds, resulting in her having a love for plants.
Weapons:
Rock Chuck (Ranged, Firearm (Assault Rifle), 30 damage, 35 magazine size, 6.0 Fire rate, 3.0 reload time, integral suppressor significantly reduces sound when firing but affects range.)
Armour:
Metalstone armour (+10 HP, +5 Ac, -1 mobility, 25% reduced damage from physical attacks.)
Items:
Healing potion (3)
Stats:
140/100HP
15/10 Ac
2/3 mobility
25/25 vitality
\// wrote:
Name: Miller Dusk
Element: Light
Appearance: A simple black outfit. Light skin, black hair, black eyes.
Personality: Speaks semi-formally. Will try to avoid or at least gain an advantage over a fight he sees coming with suprise or stealth. Pretty amenable.
Backstory: Has several years of training in close quaters combat with knife, and some unarmed against unarmed as well as some firearms training. This is because he's had a few year run with a disbanded mercenary group. He learned how to use Light Powers for fighting from a teacher in that group. That teacher told him how to fight in the dark. It's not easy, but he's better than people untrained to fight when there's suddenly 0 light.
Weapon: Knife and pistol (70 dmg, 6 Fire rate, 7 magazine size, 1.5 reload speed)
Armour: Concealed chainmail and light leather padding on his legs.
Items: A couple flashbangs
Other: secondary character
90/100 HP
12/10 AC
3/3 mobility
23/25 vitality
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED

Incendiary

What? I'm reviving it. It looks fun. And I have a lot of experience with GD RP's so it's not too hard.

Incendiary

What is with these question marks dude? I get it, you may not have seen many RPs revived, nor have you seen an RP like this one. But I decided it was a fun RP and since it wasn't active I wanted to revive it with some changes to make it better.

Joyous Theta

no wait i'm still confused????????????????

Incendiary

Quote from: CrazeePii think after much confusion i'd prefer to play the original but with a better gm and without the roll 20 to die or get god powers thing why is that still a thing????????????????
Well, there are no gods, just shadow elementals, who aren't ridiculously overpowered. Dunno what Terraria was thinking. But maybe I will forget the death thing. Once I become a regular TBGer I will be able to edit that (how many posts do I need to be a TBGer?) Nevermind I'm a TBGer.

Incendiary

Fishmael

I would like to join. Is it possible for me to join as a Light character? It seems that although it is not explicitly barred from play, as is the case for the Darkness element, it does not appear in the list of available elements in the sign-up sheet, even though its extensive list of weaknesses doesn't give it a particularly high mechanical advantage in this system. Was wondering if that was a mistake or if it is a valid option for a character.
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Incendiary

Quote from: FishmaelI would like to join. Is it possible for me to join as a Light character? It seems that although it is not explicitly barred from play, as is the case for the Darkness element, it does not appear in the list of available elements in the sign-up sheet, even though its extensive list of weaknesses doesn't give it a particularly high mechanical advantage in this system. Was wondering if that was a mistake or if it is a valid option for a character.
No, light is not possible. But feel free to sign up anyway.

Faressain

Quote from: DeepFriedBacon
Quote from: FishmaelI would like to join. Is it possible for me to join as a Light character? It seems that although it is not explicitly barred from play, as is the case for the Darkness element, it does not appear in the list of available elements in the sign-up sheet, even though its extensive list of weaknesses doesn't give it a particularly high mechanical advantage in this system. Was wondering if that was a mistake or if it is a valid option for a character.

Meanwhile in the rules, there's this *points undernath*

Quote from: DeepFriedBaconPlayers can choose all elements except darkness. Remember light is weak to everything but darkness so it isn't the best outside of that situation.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Incendiary

Quote from: Faressain
Quote from: DeepFriedBacon

Meanwhile in the rules, there's this *points undernath*

Quote from: DeepFriedBaconPlayers can choose all elements except darkness. Remember light is weak to everything but darkness so it isn't the best outside of that situation.
Meh, I'll allow it, but light sucks imo.

Wolfslime123

How do weaknesses work for infusions?
BTW, remaking a person's game without asking is not very nice. It seems different enough to be acceptable as a game inspired by the original, but you'd have to change the name.

Also, insulting the original creator's character Steve like that is not nice either.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Incendiary

Quote from: \\/\/How do weaknesses work for infusions?
Infusion weaknesses and strengths are combined. For lava, for example, it is strong to life and to air, but weak to magic and water.
Quote from: \\/\/BTW, remaking a person's game without asking is not very nice. It seems different enough to be acceptable as a game inspired by the original, but you'd have to change the name.

Also, insulting the original creator's character Steve like that is not nice either.
I'm sure that Terrariadude is inactive. And why would I have to change the name? I am new to this sort of stuff and I'm not entirely sure how this works.

I was not insulting the original creator's character nor was I aiming to.

Fishmael

Appearance: A bit below a bit below average height, hair the color a weeping willow in a drought season, looks as though she has recently walked through a marsh.
Personality: Mealymouthed and cantankerous, like a swamp rat recently informed that it has to work a desk job.
Backstory: Hailing from the marshes, where she spent most of her life with little human company. She thrived mostly off of her ability to catch fish very easily, which she would sell to a traveling merchant who would give her raw sugarcane in exchange.
Weapon:
Armour:
ouns are they/she, pleas

Incendiary

Quote from: Fishmael
Weapon:
Armour:
Accepted, we'll start when 2 more people join. Feel free to draw up a concept of her.

Joyous Theta

I'll join if you either get permission from Terrariadude to do this or change this a bit to be your own RP and not an unofficial reboot.

Wolfslime123

Quote from: DeepFriedBaconBecause I find them OP, there are no god characters in this game. Rolling a 20 gives you the shadow element which is strong against everything but not ridiculously overpowered. Unlike that Steve guy...
Insult.

Also, yes TerrariaDude is inactive, that doesn't let you take his idea. It was his, and you don't know if he might or might not want to be associated with in such a way, as well as taking his game and it's name in a direction he might not have wanted.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Fishmael

ouns are they/she, pleas

-Terrariadude555-

Quote from: \\/\/
Quote from: DeepFriedBaconBecause I find them OP, there are no god characters in this game. Rolling a 20 gives you the shadow element which is strong against everything but not ridiculously overpowered. Unlike that Steve guy...
Insult.

Also, yes TerrariaDude is inactive, that doesn't let you take his idea. It was his, and you don't know if he might or might not want to be associated with in such a way, as well as taking his game and it's name in a direction he might not have wanted.
I give permission for DeepFriedBacon to use this idea. I am very sad to be leaving forever, but it has been good.
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

Incendiary

Quote from: CrazeePiI'll join if you either get permission from Terrariadude to do this or change this a bit to be your own RP and not an unofficial reboot.
Proof above.
Quote from: \//
Insult.

First of all, it's saying Steve was overPowered, not an insult.
Second, he gave permission. See above.
Quote from: FishmaelWhat are my character's starting weapons/armour/stats?
You can have Marsh Armour and Liquid Death. You can view stats as soon as I update characters.

Fishmael

How long does a round of combat last in this system? I know D&D says 6 seconds a round, but considering the recharge of my weapon being 10 seconds, I assume that's not the default, though it's the only item whose recharge time is noted in seconds and not rounds.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Incendiary

Quote from: FishmaelHow long does a round of combat last in this system? I know D&D says 6 seconds a round, but considering the recharge of my weapon being 10 seconds, I assume that's not the default, though it's the only item whose recharge time is noted in seconds and not rounds.
10 seconds a round, your weapon takes a turn to recharge. My SMG reloads in 1.5-1.8 seconds and can be used quite a few times before my turn is over, but, considering it's an SMG, it has short range and isn't the most accurate, so not every shot will hit.

Fishmael

Quote from: DeepFriedBaconFeel free to suggest infusions.
Since neither Magic nor Air have infusions designated to them currently, may I suggest Leyline as an infusion of the two? Or perhaps Electricity, as both are emblematic of energy traveling through air and could fit the bill, but Electricity could also be something like Fire and Air.
ouns are they/she, pleas