News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Sanctyn's Myth, Repeated (Ch. 1)

Started by Blunderbus, Mar 24, 2020, 03:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunderbus

Chapter 1/8

Almost 1,000 years ago, in the northern reaches of the world, there was a small, but thriving settlement, its name now lost to history. On one fateful day, just as the sun was setting, a great army of dragons attacked without warning, razing the entire city to the ground. Why they came, nobody ever knew. Nothing was left standing, and few survived to tell the tale. What records we have of it today come only from vague oral stories passed down through the generations.

Now, in the present day, a new town has been founded on the land of the old: the town of Sanctyn. It's not massive, but its remote location leads to many budding adventurers travelling there to explore some of the uncharted surroundings. Few now remember the old tale, now more of a myth, but soon enough it will return to everyone's minds.

Rules
All TBGs rules apply. (Nah, really?)
This is mostly a GMed RP. I'll try to update it as consistently as I can, but feel free to bug me on Discord or the like if I haven't posted anything for a while.
Typical RPG stuff: no godmodding, metagaming, Mary Sues etc.
For the moment, 2 alive characters per player, but this may be subject to change.
Money, items and equipment are shared between the whole party. Purchasing and equipping things will always go through unless someone else says otherwise, in which case I'm hoping you can all figure it out amongst yourselves. Each new character gives the group +1000g.
You can sign up at any time, but you might not join until around the start or end of each chapter. Signups will close a little after chapter 7 starts.

Signups
Name:
Appearance (brief description, no need to go overboard):
Personality / backstory ("to be RPed" is fine):
Why come to Sanctyn?:
Equipment (e.g. basic weapon, light armour: nothing too OP):
Items (a few miscellaneous things they have with them):
Other:
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Blunderbus

Characters
Quote from: \\/\/Name: Samuel Bridger
Species: Human
Appearance (brief description, no need to go overboard): dark grey hair, grey eyes, white skin.
Personality / backstory ("to be RPed" is fine): Is mute. Cooperative. Compromising. Pet all the cats.
Why come to Sanctyn?: Wanting to do something more interesting.
Equipment (e.g. basic weapon, light armour: nothing too OP): Staff and cloak.
Items (a few miscellaneous things they have with them): Cat. His name is Charlie.
Other:
Just a character I made to help start up this rp.
Quote from: CrazeePiName: Minerva
Species: Skeleton
Appearance (brief description, no need to go overboard): Looks like your average skeleton. Lower jaw notably missing, but is still perfectly capable of speech.
Personality / backstory ("to be RPed" is fine): To be RPed
Why come to Sanctyn?: Purchase potion ingredients
Equipment (e.g. basic weapon, light armour: nothing too OP): Crooked staff, big robe
Items (a few miscellaneous things they have with them): A bunch of assorted charms and potion flasks.
Other: Nah.
Quote from: seanbobeName: Farrum
Appearance (brief description, no need to go overboard): Middle aged man with tattered clothes.
Personality / backstory ("to be RPed" is fine): Currently in between jobs.
Why come to Sanctyn?: Looking for work.
Equipment (e.g. basic weapon, light armour: nothing too OP): Dagger, robe.
Items (a few miscellaneous things they have with them): Medical kit.
Other: Used to be a doctor.

Current party
Samuel Bridger (\\/\/)
Equipment: Wooden staff, cloak.

Minerva (CrazeePi)
Equipment: Crooked staff, big robe.

Farrum (seanbobe)
Equipment: Dagger, robe.

Fallen heroes
Nobody yet: let's try to keep it that way!

Inventory
Equipment
Nothing yet
Items
- Charlie the Cat, who is apparently an item.
- Assortment of small charms.
- Potion flasks.
- Medical kit containing some basic supplies.
Money: 3000g

Wolfslime123

Name: Samuel Bridger
Appearance (brief description, no need to go overboard): dark grey hair, grey eyes, white skin.
Personality / backstory ("to be RPed" is fine): Is mute. Cooperative. Compromising. Pet all the cats.
Items (a few miscellaneous things they have with them): Cat. His name is Charlie.
Other:
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

Quote from: \//Name: Samuel Bridger
Other:
Accepted

Joyous Theta

Name: Minerva
Appearance (brief description, no need to go overboard): Looks like your average skeleton. Lower jaw notably missing, but is still perfectly capable of speech.
Equipment (e.g. basic weapon, light armour: nothing too OP): Crooked staff, big robe
Items (a few miscellaneous things they have with them): A bunch of assorted charms and potion flasks.

Blunderbus

Quote from: CrazeePiName: Minerva
Accepted

Blunderbus

Blunderbus

If anyone else does want to join this I'll start it, but I'm not going to keep bumping it

Seanbobe

Name: Farrum
Appearance (brief description, no need to go overboard): Middle aged man with tattered clothes.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Blunderbus

Quote from: seanbobeName: Farrum
Accepted. I'll start soon

Blunderbus

Chapter 1

A boat lands in a small bay in the north, and Samuel, Minerva and Farrum, along with a few sailors carrying some supplies, disembark.

"Oh, the boat's come already? And more travellers!"
A young woman walks over to the group, coming out of the woods ahead on a dirt path.
"We've had an awful lot of people coming here recently. More than usual, in any case. Usually the boat comes half an hour later...
Anyway, I'm Annette. I study some of the artifacts that pop up around here. If you're all headed to Sanctyn, follow that path up through the forest. You can't miss it."

She follows the sailors along the path she came from, which leads up a hill into the woods. A few taller buildings are just barely visible over the trees.

Joyous Theta

Minerva decides to to say anything for now, and just heads up the path while using her staff as a walking stick.

Blunderbus

Quote from: CrazeePiMinerva decides to to say anything for now, and just heads up the path while using her staff as a walking stick.
Minerva starts walking into the forest. Samuel and Farrum follow because I don't want to wait any longer for more responses.

After about a minute of walking, they see Annette ahead, with a few wolves snarling at her. She hears the group approaching behind her, and turns around.
"Oh, good timing. These wolves seem to think this path is their territory. You lot look fairly capable, want to scare them off?"
Without waiting for a response, she walks behind the group.
"...What? You can take care of this."

The three wolves approach the group, growling. They're in the middle of the path, with forest on either side. You could probably avoid them, but they also seem like they'd be fairly easy to scare off.

Seanbobe

"Perhaps getting away the wolves entirely would be a smarter course of action. I don't have a lot of medical supplies on me."

Despite this, Farrum prepares to grab his dagger at a moment's notice.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Wolfslime123

Sam brandishes his wooden staff at the wolves, making wide swings.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/