News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

o , the Pe lican

Started by Blunderbus, Jan 24, 2020, 02:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunderbus

Each person writes something reasonably long in their post, and the next person makes some letters transparent to change its meaning completely.
Example:

Person A:
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog is a pangram, and there are many other similar sentences.

Person B:
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog is a pangram, and there are many other similar sentences.

(some other block of text...)

Don't use characters from the edits of the person above you. Start using this post!
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Prism

Don't use characters from the edits of the person above you. Start using this post!

I put two tubes' worth of toothpaste in my hair a day.
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

realicraft

two tubes        of toothpaste                .

Join the News Network of Shef Kerbi for the ability to work for the Shef Kerbi Network of News.
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think, maybe,
ewow status: 2a has released yet; voting ended on April 18th, at 10 PM UTC
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

Blunderbus

Join the News Network of Shef Kerbi for the ability to work for the Shef Kerbi Network of News.

You guys can afford to make your blocks of text a bit longer, you know. It's more interesting when you have more stuff to work with.
Also go check out the original r/othepelican subreddit it's great

SausageMcSauce

You guys can afford to make   ur blocks of text a bit long  , you know. It's more interesting when you have more stuff to work with.
Also go check out the original r/othepelican sub ed it it's great

I am just an average anime character (yay alliteration)
I have not posted here in around a year and a bit.

Joyous Theta

I am just an average anime character (yay alliteration)

Each person writes something reasonably long in their post, and the next person makes some letters transparent to change its meaning completely.
Example:

Person A:

Blunderbus

Ex
ample:

Person A:
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog is a pangram, and there are many other
similar sentences.

Okay, when I made this I did not realise just how long it takes to go through everything and write in all the color=transparent and /color BBCode tags. It's probably a lot easier in a normal text editor, where you can just highlight the stuff you want to keep or something. Oh well, it still kinda works this way, even if it is a bit tedious.
O the pelican. So smoothly doth he crest. A wind god!

CatsUnited

Okay, when I made this I did not realise just how long it takes to go through everything and write in all the color=transparent and /color BBCode tags. It's probably a lot easier in a normal text editor, where you can just highlight the stuff you want to keep or something. Oh well, it still kinda works this way, even if it is a bit tedious.
O the pelican. So smoothly doth
he crest. A wind god!

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Tymewalk

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteenunited States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

A man has fallen into the river in LEGO City! Start the new rescue helicopter! ...HEY! Build the helicopter and off to the rescue! Prepare the lifeline! Lower the stretcher! And make the rescue! The new Emergency Collection from LEGO City!
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

PkmnQ

A man has fallen into the river in LEGO City! Start the new rescue helicopter! ...HEY! Build the helicopter and off to the rescue! Prepare the lifeline! Lower the stretcher! And make the rescue! The new Emergency Collection from LEGO City!

The North Wind and the Sun were disputing which was stronger, when a traveler came along in a cloak. They agreed that the one who succeeded in making the traveler take off his cloak would be considered stronger than the other. Then the North Wind blew as hard as he could, but the more he blew the more closely the traveler folded his cloak around him; and at last the North Wind gave up. Then the Sun shined warmly, and the traveler took off his cloak, and so the North Wind was obliged to confess that the Sun was the stronger of the two.
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Byron_Inc_TBG

The North Wind and the Sun were disputing which was stronger, when a traveler came along in a cloak. They agreed that the one who succeeded in making the traveler take off his cloak would be considered stronger than the other. Then the North Wind blew as hard as he could, but the more he blew the more closely the traveler forded his cloak around him; and at last the North Wind gave up. Then the Sun shined warmly, and the traveler took off his cloak, and so the North Wind was obliged to confess that the Sun was the stronger of the two.

The supercalifragilisticexpialidocious lake, Lake chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, is suitable for sesquipedalianists like Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff to visit. It cures pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis!
eh

Incendiary

Lake

This cake is like a cake. It's a cake that's like a cake. This cake is a cake, just like cake, a cake like a cake, like cakes.
Now if you look here, this toilet paper is actually a cake, but it should be toilet paper, even though it's just cake like this shoe or this banana. Just cake. (Too many similes there)
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

PkmnQ

This cake is like a cake. It's a cake that's like a cake. This cake is a cake, just like cake, a cake like a cake, like cakes.
Now if you look here, this toilet paper is actually a cake, but it should be toilet paper, even though it's just cake like this shoe or this banana. Just cake. (Too many similes there)

Betty Botter bought a bit of butter; "But," she said, "this butter's bitter! If I put it in my batter It will make my batter bitter. But a bit o' better butter Will make my batter better." Then she bought a bit o' butter Better than the bitter butter, Made her bitter batter better. So 'twas better Betty Botter Bought a bit o' better butter.
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Byron_Inc_TBG

BettyBotter bought a bit of butter; "But," she said, "this butter's bitter! If I put it inmy batter It will make my batter bitter. But a bit o' better butter Will make my batter better." Then she bought a bit o' butter Better than the bitter butter, Made her bitter batter better. So 'twas better Betty Botter Boughta bit o' better butter.

In this game, we have to use the colour tag.
eh

PkmnQ

In this game, we have to use the colour tag.

Byron don't use short sentences it makes it uninteresting please make longer ones
Quine list

SuperKamekArea

Byron don't use short sentences it makes it uninteresting please make longer ones

This series of keystrokes specifically has been made unnecessarily verbose, Garfield particularly wants to mostly eat lasagna, and Odie for the most part wants to particularly play with a bone, Jon generally has to for all intents and purposes pay some definitely big bills generally due to purchasing enough food for 64 teenagers, But why in a for all intents and purposes big way. Oh, right, Garfield in a subtle way. He must essentially be purchasing food for garfield for 16 decades, Garfield actually has to generally deal with mondays, and the vet, it's getting pretty infuriating for Garfield, and he decides to essentially sleep right in front of Jon, showing how he must literally be purchasing food for garfield for 16 decades, Garfield mostly has to fairly deal with mondays, and the vet, it's getting kind of infuriating for Garfield, and he decides to basically sleep right in front of Jon. in a for all intents and purposes big way.
My website won't work because the website automatically edits protocols you type (the problem with this shows when your website doesn't support https)
I prefer the radium theme

Switched to google redirect page, seems to work in IE8 on Vista, but not IE6 on XP... at least I made it possible to just click 2 hyperlinks and access my website... for some reason

Scratch137

This series of keystrokes specifically has been made unnecessarily verbose, Garfield particularly wants to mostly eat lasagna, and Odie for the most part wants to particularly play with a bone, Jon generally has to for all intents and purposes pay some definitely big bills generally due to purchasing enough food for 64 teenagers, But why in a for all intents and purposes big way. Oh, right, Garfield in a subtle way. He must essentially be purchasing food for garfield for 16 decades, Garfield actually has to generally deal with mondays, and the vet, it's getting pretty infuriating for Garfield, and he decides to essentially sleep right in front of Jon, showing how he must literally be purchasing food for garfield for 16 decades, Garfield mostly has to fairly deal with mondays, and the vet, it's getting kind of infuriating for Garfield, and he decides to basically sleep right in front of Jon. in a for all intents and purposes big way.

Ron was going to be spiders. He just was. He wasn't proud of that, but it was going to be hard to not have spiders all over his body after all is said and done.
hello!
i was most active here in 2017 and 2018.
i still check in sometimes, but not very often.

if you'd like to get in touch, you can reach me on scratch.

SausageMcSauce

Ron was going to be spiders. He just was. He wasn't proud of that, but it was going to be hard to not have spider s all over his body after all is said and done.

Are you an anime character? Want weird hair? Then buy our new product, Toothpaste! Just put it in your hair and bam!
I have not posted here in around a year and a bit.

PkmnQ

Are you an anime character? Want weird hair? Then buy our new product, Toothpaste! Just put it in your hair and bam!

Should we start rating the pelicanizations of the above poster? I'd say that one is a 6/10. Also, I like Gozjer's videos. Things that are hard to shred are usually bouncy, a sphere, or made of strong material. An example of all 3 would be a hollow metal ball, which was actually in one of his videos, but I can't find it. What I can say is that it was in fact hard to shred. He had to split it in half to shred it.
Quine list

Tymewalk

Should we start rating the pelicanizations of the above post? I'd say that one is a 6/10. Also, I like Gozjer's videos. Things that are hard to shred are usually bouncy, a sphere, or made of strong material. An example of all 3 would be a hollow metal ball, which was actually in one of his videos, but I can't find it. What I can say is that it was in fact hard to shred. He had to split it in half to shred it.

Man, this game is hard to type for. I wish I had like, macros or something so I could just spam the color tags that way. There might be a way I can set it up? Not fully sure. AutoHotKey might be one solution but I haven't tried using it in, like, forever. It can do some neat stuff though. I remember Tom Scott mentioned it in his emoji keyboard video since that's part of how he got it working - it's insane how something so basic as a keyboard can be so wildly expanded upon! I think it'd also be neat to have, like, extra symbols on another layer. So you hold Alt+Shift and that's another layer, like Shift already is. I think there's something called the Neo keyboard layout which does that? Dunno. I haven't tried it, I'd need a whole set of keyboard stickers to make it usable, and I don't really like keyboard stickers.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Scratch137

Man, this game is hard to type for. I wish I had like, macros or something so I could just spam the color tags that way. There might be a way I can set it up? Not fully sure. AutoHotKey might be one solution but I haven't tried using it in, like, forever. It can do some neat stuff though. I remember Tom Scott mentioned it in his emoji keyboard video since that's part of how he got it working - it's insane how something so basic as a keyboard can be so wildly expanded upon! I think it'd also be neat to have, like, extra symbols on another layer. So you hold Alt+Shift and that's another layer, like Shift already is. I think there's something called the Neo keyboard layout which does that? Dunno. I haven't tried it, I'd need a whole set of keyboard stickers to make it usable, and I don't really like keyboard stickers.

What actually is a word? Well, first of all, there's the problem of meaning. If you accept the definition that a word is some letters surrounded by a gap, then xnopyt, aaaaaaajjjjjjjjj, and hrrkrkrkrwpfrbrbrbrlablblblblblblwhitoo'ap are all words, despite being pretty much meaningless.
hello!
i was most active here in 2017 and 2018.
i still check in sometimes, but not very often.

if you'd like to get in touch, you can reach me on scratch.

BronyTown187

W a           i                    t           er    the  r   e         i                                              s                           a gap                                 and hrrkrkrkrwpfrbrbrbrlablblblblblblwhitoo'ap

New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!
Brony Anagram Town | Pinkie Pie | Lyra Heartstring | Cutie Marxist
TonyBrown148 | BronyTown187 | BlueKirin208 | KurtBach325 | BusyBeaver565

Tymewalk

New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!New job: fix mr.gluck's hazy tv, PDQ!

Well, I finally did what I talked about last time and whipped up some quick macros to type out the color tags. It's a lot faster than doing it manually. Didn't end up using AutoHotKey, I went with WinCompose instead since I already use it for most other things like this. For some reason it doesn't have Esperanto characters built in so I mapped those to the x-series (i.e c+x -> ĉ). Kind of a diversion though, what am I talking about again? Spaghetti? Yeah, sure. Spaghetti's pretty good.

realicraft

Well, I finally did what I talked about last time and whipped up some quick macros to type out the color tags. It's a lot faster than doing it manually. Didn't end up using AutoHotKey, I went with WinCompose instead since I already use it for most other things like this. For some reason it doesn't have Esperanto characters built in so I mapped those to the x-series (i.e c+x -> ĉ). Kind of a diversion though, what am I talking about again? Spaghetti? Yeah, sure. Spaghetti's pretty good.

Smilies are pretty neat. They smile at you. Or frown. Or wink. Or a bunch of other stuff. Now that I think about it, the name's kind of inaccurate.
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think, maybe,
ewow status: 2a has released yet; voting ended on April 18th, at 10 PM UTC
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

PkmnQ

Smilies are pretty neat. They smile at you. Or frown. Or wink. Or a bunch of other stuff. Now that I think about it, the name's kind of inaccurate.

Pangrams! The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs. Mr Jock, TV Quiz PHD bags few lynx. Don't you like pangrams? Here's some more in different languages! Portez ce vieux whisky au juge blond qui fume. Benjamín pidió una bebida de kiwi y fresa. Noé, sin vergüenza, la más exquisita champaña del menú. And here's a phonetic pangram. That quick beige fox jumped in the air over each thin dog. Look out, I shout, for he's foiled you again, creating chaos.
Quine list