News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Echoes

Started by Shpore, Jan 22, 2020, 03:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shpore

Originally by \\/\/
On January 20, 2020, many citizens of New York City were alarmed to have heard an alert about an incoming extraterrestrial object that was likely a meteor heading towards the ocean of NYC. Dubbed "Echo", the meteor was small enough to not have caused any harm, but unbeknownst to humans, it carried a mysterious energy that can only be classified as magic which grants normal people superhuman abilities, such as pyrokinesis, breathing underwater, enhanced durability... the list could be infinite. The magical abilities are known as "Echoes". Overnight, the meteor has disappeared and its mysterious energies have entered the city, but they have only attached to a small few people of the massive population. Our story begins on January 21st, 2020.

RPG rules/info...
I. This is a semi-GMed roleplay. What this means is that in major battles, dice rolls will be used to determine the outcome of an attack. That's it; in all other battles and pretty much everything else, the roleplay will be free-form. Contact me as well as the rest of the players if you want to have a major battle.
II. Be realistic. Of course, considering this roleplay contains supernatural powers, not everything has to make complete sense, especially if it's a power of one of your characters. But don't have a character with pyrokinesis be able to manipulate water, etc. Also, while self-inserts or near-self-inserts are allowed, please be realistic with their name (and preferably give them a full name)
III. Mary Sues/Godmodding/Metagaming/Powerplaying Self explanatory. Your character may be able to manipulate fire and lava, but he can't make a volcano erupt just by snapping his fingers. Or putting all of his strength into it. Because either way, that's insane. Characters cannot be immortal either, and if a character has a shape-shifting ability they should only be able to hold that form for a limited time. No characters who have more than 4 different forms (not including their human form). You probably know all the others.
IV. Your character and NPC limit is infinite, but whenever you have someone you want to introduce, you should probably think to yourself "should other people know about this character and their powers/goals/motives and how important they'll be in the story?" If you don't want to spoil the other players send it to me and I will privately approve it. Also make sure you can keep track of all the characters. All characters with echoes or other superpowers must have an application, private or not.
V. No more than one echo per character. Self explanatory, I think. A child of two characters who have echoes can have both of their parents' echoes, but they will have half as much power as their parents. For example, a mother with a hydrokinesis echo will have 100% of her power dedicated to hydrokinesis, and a father with a pyrokinesis echo will have 100% of his power dedicated to pyrokinesis. If they had a child, the child will have 50% hydrokinesis and 50% pyrokinesis.
VI. The more the plot advances, the more will be unlocked. Such as the ability to create characters without any echoes, and characters who live outside of NYC.
(Also, one important note--nobody has ever had an echo before the meteor landed. You can start with your character already having the echo, but you can't assume he's already mastered its ability.)

Sign-up
Name:
Appearance:
Echo:
Personality/traits:
Skills/flaws (no flaws means an instant reject):
Backstory (can be simple as "he works in a mcdonalds in times square")
Other:

Character List:
Steve|Active|SausageMcSauce
Amala al-Mutahadim|Active|Treehee
Luna|Active|DaEpikDude
Narvil Gushdollar|Active|Faressain
Lewis|Active|CrazeePi
Oliver|Active|seanbobe
Deceased:
None yet..
Chapters:
I. The Beginning

Treehee

I submit my character from the original RP, Amala al-Mutahadim
greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja :P

SausageMcSauce

Name: Steve
Appearance: Brown, straight hair, blue eyes, average height
Echo: Hydrokinesis (he's a fireman, see the backstory)
Personality/traits: Very kind. Likes computer-related stuff.
Skills/flaws (no flaws means an instant reject): He is a skilled fireman and is good at computer-related stuff, although he is distracted by it frequently. Also complains when nothing he does ever works.
Backstory (can be simple as "he works in a mcdonalds in times square"): A fireman from the Queens area. Moved from London a few years ago.
Other: Speaks with a British accent.
I have not posted here in around a year and a bit.

Shpore

Both accepted. I am on my phone so i will add them to the OP tomorrow

Blunderbus

Name: Luna
Appearance: About average height. Long black hair tied into a ponytail, hazel eyes. Fair skin colour. Typically wears a solid colour T-shirt and jeans.
Echo: Telekinesis (although she cannot move heavier objects without more intense concentration, limit she can move easily would be about 10 kg)
Personality/traits: A little timid around strangers. She typically doesn't want to start any interactions, although she can be quite talkative if her friends start one with her.
Skills/flaws (no flaws means an instant reject): Quite a good runner, calm under pressure. Not great social skills when talking to strangers, poor endurance.
Backstory (can be simple as "he works in a mcdonalds in times square"): Moved to New York from Brisbane when she was 6, so while she's mostly American, her accent is a little bit Australian. Wants to become a vet.
Other: idk
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Faressain

Name: Narvil Gushdollar
Appearance: A mature man, who is a bit higher than normal men. Has problem with his weight as seen, short and beginning to gray hair and moustache. Nordic skin colour, wears the official clothes everyday - a black tuxedo top and pants, as well as white shirt and a red tie. Eyes are blue.
Echo: Shapeshifter (a snake, possibly cobra. See, he's the researcher for an anti-venom company, and I decided it'll fit him well.)
Personality/traits: Sir ungentle around poorer people. He usually speaks about biology and anatomy of snakes, as well as money. Yeah, he has a knack on current American monetary system.
Skills/flaws (no flaws means an instant reject): He is bold to the point it's more of a flaw. Reckless, when he fixates on something, but dedication is a skill itself when he can focus. Oh boy, it's both a flaw and a skill. One time, it helps him complete a task, other time it may put him under danger. Echo-given, as well as experiment-given resistance against venom, however he has allergy to sweets or generally sugar due to that.
Backstory:  Narvil works in "Sylphis" Medical Facility which specializes in developing anti-venoms to every bite. Some people like him have to endure the bites as well.
Other: Will gain the Echo after a short while, due to distance between facility and meteor impact.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Shpore

Both accepted, I'm still on mobile so you can start now.

Joyous Theta

Name: Lewis
Appearance: Slightly ruffled up brown hair, wears a grey jacket when not working
Echo: Can bend any sort of food noodles to his will, moving it around along with being able to cook or uncook it at anytime. He is also capable of shooting noodles out of his fingertips.
Personality/traits: Down to earth usually, but gets worked up very easily. Dislikes taking anything from anyone and not being taken seriously.
Skills/flaws (no flaws means an instant reject): Rather skilled at cooking. Gets very overconfident at times and is prone to being a jerk to others.
Backstory: Works at a generic chinese fast food place. Doesn't like noodles as a result.
Other: Taken from the original

Shpore

Quote from: CrazeePiName: Lewis
Appearance: Slightly ruffled up brown hair, wears a grey jacket when not working
Echo: Can bend any sort of food noodles to his will, moving it around along with being able to cook or uncook it at anytime. He is also capable of shooting noodles out of his fingertips.
Personality/traits: Down to earth usually, but gets worked up very easily. Dislikes taking anything from anyone and not being taken seriously.
Skills/flaws (no flaws means an instant reject): Rather skilled at cooking. Gets very overconfident at times and is prone to being a jerk to others.
Backstory: Works at a generic chinese fast food place. Doesn't like noodles as a result.
Other: Taken from the original
I'll allow it.

Shpore

All characters have been added to the OP. I'll think about mine some more and make them later.
-
On various screens through NYC and multiple news networks, reporters begin to cover the fact that despite the meteor being harmless, it has disappeared overnight. The local government has dispatched some search parties to look for it.
(Characters will begin without their powers. Time to obtain their powers can be as long as you like but all characters must get their powers eventually)

SausageMcSauce

Steve has just saved a block of flats in Manhattan, walking back to the fire station.

(Steve was accidentally called Mark in this post once)

Blunderbus

Luna swipes through the news story on her phone, curious.
Disappeared? How did it disappear? Meteors aren't meant to do that, or at least not as far as she knows.
She sighs, deciding that it's someone else's problem. She grabs her bag and walks out of her apartment, heading to the library.

SausageMcSauce

On his way to the fire station, Steve discovers a blue stone.

"What does this do?" he thought.

He puts on his gloves and picks it up.

Joyous Theta

Lewis pours himself a bowl of cereal and turns on the TV to watch the news in the morning, watching a story on a meteor that strangely disappeared.

Treehee

Amala turns off her tele and goes off to bed. She's not that concerned about the meteor, though she does find it funny that it's gone missing. She wonders if maybe it just burned up when it came falling down, but decides it's better to just go to sleep than to ponder any further.
greetings,

A random laughing tree

Blunderbus

Luna walks out of her apartment building, into the main part of New York. She starts walking towards the library.

Faressain

Narvil looks through the newspaper, dismissing the meteor impact. - "T'phew, panic don't earn people money, only poor one would scaremonger." - He was on his usual venom injection and antidote testing chamber, where he had a pen, a notebook, where he has instructions what to do. If the toxins are too deadly, he was allowed to use smaller lab animals to do so. He had pretty good relations with his boss, who, despite still not making him manager, said. "Some time in future you will inherit the market. Maximize profit, minimize losses." - That was their motto. And he was only one who came today, besides the boss. The boss got annoyed, of course. - "Of all people, only one employee remains... fine, you can do your tests, Narvil. Today is when you get toxins from... cobra to your body."
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Joyous Theta

Lewis finishes his cereal before turning off the TV. "Well, glad it disappeared instead of hitting anything," Lewis thinks to himself as he begins to get himself ready for work.

Seanbobe

Name: Oliver
Appearance: Olive green eyes. Hair is short and dyed olive green. Wears a jacket with a pattern of olives on it.
Echo: Can make olives appear wherever he wants within his line of sight. Can destroy olives he created previously, again, within his line of sight.
Personality/traits: Speaks in one to two word sentences whenever possible. Doesn't react to much. Doesn't trust people easily.
Skills/flaws (no flaws means an instant reject): Can pick up new skills easily. Hard worker when he wants to be. Overly paranoid. Lazy and doesn't do work if he sees a viable alternative.
Backstory (can be simple as "he works in a mcdonalds in times square"): High school student. Wants to be an artist.
Other: Hates olives.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Shpore

Quote from: seanbobeName: Oliver
Appearance: Olive green eyes. Hair is short and dyed olive green. Wears a jacket with a pattern of olives on it.
Echo: Can make olives appear wherever he wants within his line of sight. Can destroy olives he created previously, again, within his line of sight.
Personality/traits: Speaks in one to two word sentences whenever possible. Doesn't react to much. Doesn't trust people easily.
Skills/flaws (no flaws means an instant reject): Can pick up new skills easily. Hard worker when he wants to be. Overly paranoid. Lazy and doesn't do work if he sees a viable alternative.
Backstory (can be simple as "he works in a mcdonalds in times square"): High school student. Wants to be an artist.
Other: Hates olives.
Sorry for the late reply. Accepted, but remember this is a serious RP.

Blunderbus

Luna arrives at the library, and looks around to see if anyone she knows is around. Doesn't look like it.
Oh well. She picks out a rather large pile of books about some of the subjects she's been meaning to revise, and sits down at a table in the corner.

SausageMcSauce

Whilst walking home, Steve accidentally broke the stone. A shard touched his neck, causing the stone to dissapear. Steve glowed blue for a fraction of a second.

Seanbobe

Oliver scans the aisles of the store he is in. Having convinced his brother to wash the dishes while he went to the store for strawberries, he is intent on delaying going home, as he knows their apartment needs to be vacuumed before dad gets home from work.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Treehee

[out of character]
so... I didnt really think about the overnight thing in my last post, so I'll just say Amala is in the evening ahead of you guys I guess (because it makes more sense for her to miss the morning news than it does for eveyone else to miss an entire day of news). Also shes not having a nightmare this night (there's about 80% chance on a nightmare so this is fine) since it gives me some more time to research.
greetings,

A random laughing tree

Blunderbus

Luna finishes scanning through the contents of the last book in the pile, and sighs.
Really? Nothing in any of these books looks useful at all!
...Maybe I should just get textbooks,
she thinks, as she stands up and grabs a few extra books, placing them onto the growing pile.