News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Antidote

Started by Seanbobe, Dec 24, 2019, 01:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanbobe

This is a game I got for Christmas last year.

Rules:
There must be between 3-7 players per game.
To facilitate the forum version of this game there will be a GM for the games, who tells players their cards and when to play.

Most cards are one of 7-8 colors. There are 7 colors for 3-6 players and 8 for 7 players.
The colors are Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet, plus Pink in a 7 player game.
The deck contains the following cards:
1 Poison card of each color.
1 Antidote card of each color per player. (e.g. 5 of each color in a 5 player game.)
Syringe cards: 3 for 3 players, 2 for 4 players, 4 for 5 players, 6 for 6 players, and 7 for 7 players. Syringe cards are colorless.

One poison card is removed from the deck at random and set aside. This card is not revealed until the end of the game.
The remaining poison cards are shuffled with the syringe cards and dealt to the players. They should all deal out evenly.
The antidote cards are shuffled and dealt to the players. They should all deal out evenly.

On a player's turn, they may perform one of three actions:
1. Force all players to discard a card. When poison cards are discarded, only the fact that they are poison cards is revealed. Other cards are fully revealed to the players. Players should discard by indicating the number of the card in their hand. e.g. "I discard the fifth card in my hand."
2. Force all players to pass a card. All players must pass a card in the same direction, either to the next player or to the previous player. The direction is specified by the player whose turn it is. Again, indicate which card is passed by number.
3. Use a syringe. Syringe cards can be used to pick up a card discarded previously. When picking up a card, specify the player who discarded it, what the card is, and when it was discarded if it is a poison card. e.g. "I pick up the third poison card discarded by Bob." or "I pick up one of the blue antidotes discarded by Jill."

Once all players are left with one card in their hand, the poison card that was removed from the deck will be revealed by the GM. Each player who has an antidote that is the same color as the poison card wins. Each player with a different colored antidote, or with a poison or syringe loses.

I will be the GM for the first game.

To sign up, please specify one of two methods to receive your cards:
1. Discord: You must have a discord account and either accept friend requests or be a member of the TBGForums discord and allow DMs from other members. Please specify your Discord ID to be sent your cards through.
2. Privnote: I will create a single-read privnote to send you a password over. You must tell me once you get your privnote or if it is destroyed before you read it. Afterwards, I will send your cards over privnotes with the same password.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Seanbobe

Blunderbus

I think I kinda understand it, I'll sign up for Discord cards
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

redgreenandblue

I'll give it a shot. I'll use discord cards too.

Murphmario

Think I get the gist of it, so I'm joining out of boredom. Discord cards here as well.

If I do anything wrong, please tell me. I'm "new here". Also, I prefer to go along with other people's events, not make my own.

Also Here's an RP thing or something.

Seanbobe

Alright. I'll wait either 24 hours or until 7 players sign up to begin.

Blunderbus

(who has the first turn?)

Seanbobe

Cards have been dealt. The turn order will be as follows:

1. redgreenandblue
2. Murphmario
3. DaEpikDude

Everyone confirm you have received your cards and play will begin with redgreenandblue.

Murphmario

If I do anything wrong, please tell me. I'm "new here". Also, I prefer to go along with other people's events, not make my own.

Blunderbus

redgreenandblue

Seanbobe

Alright. The game will now begin. redgreenandblue, do you want to force a discard or force a pass? No using syringes since no cards have been discarded yet.

redgreenandblue

I will force a pass.

I'll pass to Epik I guess (if I get the choice)

Blunderbus

I'll pass card #2 in my hand to Murphmario.

redgreenandblue

oh yeah I'll pass #6

Seanbobe

You do get to choose.

Everyone please specify a card to pass by number, similar to how DaEpikDude specified a card.

Murphmario

Sorry, was playing modded Terraria. Anyways, guess I'll pass Card #9 to redgreenandblue.

Seanbobe

Cards have been passed.

Murphmario may now choose an action. Force a discard or force a pass?

Murphmario

Passing card #2 to redgreenandblue.

Blunderbus

Pass card #10 to Murph

redgreenandblue

Pass card 10 to epik

Seanbobe

Cards have been passed. It is now DaEpikDude's turn. You may force a discard or force a pass.

Blunderbus

Discard card #1 (which is a poison card).

Seanbobe

Alright. Everyone else must specify the number a card to discard. You don't need to specify exactly what the card is. I will list discarded cards once everyone responds.

Murphmario

Discard number 10.