News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

TBGs Plays Monopoly (TBGs Edition)

Started by Blunderbus, Nov 19, 2019, 11:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunderbus

I could use the American Monopoly board, or I could use the British Monopoly board to confuse everyone, or I could make my own Monopoly board based off of the TBGs. I picked option 3.

The board can be found here. Hover over each square for more details on price, owner, etc.

Rules
I'm sure you all know how to play Monopoly, but just in case you don't here are the official rules.

Each turn will mostly be done by the player themself, including dice rolls. Please don't lie about what the dice rolls are.
For picking cards from Chance / Questions and Suggestions, roll a 1d15 in some way, and use the corresponding card.

If you do not purchase a property, it will be auctioned off. Auctions end once all but one person have backed down from the auction (by posting "Back down" or similar). If you back down, you cannot come back into the auction.

If you land on Free Parking, nothing happens. This might change if people vote for it, though.
House rule from Flowermanvista: When you pass Free Parking, $10 gets added to the pot from the bank. You get this money if you land directly on it.

Trading can happen freely between turns, but adding bumps / roles to your properties can only happen at the start of your turn Change: adding bumps / roles can happen at any point in your turn. You don't have to do it before you roll. Simply say in your post where you want to put them.

If you land on a property, you must pay rent. The official rules say that the owner has to ask for it, but because this is a forum version and the response times are a lot slower, we're going with the gentleman's rule here.
(Edit: You are allowed to make agreements with other players to not pay rent, but if you don't have any such agreement then you need to pay)

I will try to keep the OP and the map updated, but please double-check the last edit dates to make sure you're working with up-to-date information. I'll try to remember to post whenever I update things.

To join, simply say "Join" or similar, and maybe give a small icon for you on the board if you want. If you don't give an icon, I'll just use a square with a number.

Players
DaEpikDude
$743
Properties:
If this leaves the first page of the TBGs, we lose!
The sky is the limit.
Post ID
Game Files

redgreenandblue
$647
Properties:
Write until you make a tyop
Logic Leaps
Walmart War
Infinite Clipboard
• Username Changes

Tymewalk
$1228
Properties:
Coffee CYOAs
Destroy / Save the Vase

seanbobe
$111
Properties:
The Unruinable Wish
Rock, Paper, Scissors
Ban the person above you.

Arceus
$1107
Properties:
Fortunately, Unfortunately
Shards of Power
TBG

realicraft
$518
Properties:
My wish is ruined
Shef Kerbi News Network

Flowermanvista
$412
Properties:
TGORADASWH
Save the emoji
Pokemon: The Baleful Night
Cornwell Quest
Chronicles of Pokemon

Auctions
None right now, although you can change that if you want
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

redgreenandblue

Flowermanvista

Seems interesting. Join or similar.

I would like to use the following as my icon:

Also, question: Are the number of houses and hotels finite, like they are in the real game due to a limitation of physical objects, or are they infinite since everything here is just ones and zeroes?
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

Quote from: redgreenandbluesimilar

I'll use :| as my icon
Quote from: FlowermanvistaSeems interesting. Join or similar.

I would like to use the following as my icon:
-snip-

Also, question: Are the number of houses and hotels finite, like they are in the real game due to a limitation of physical objects, or are they infinite since everything here is just ones and zeroes?
Quote from: Wolfslime123I'll use \\/\/ as my icon
All right.

There are infinite houses because I don't like how there's a limit anyway.

I'll wait a bit longer to see if anyone else joins, then we'll start.

Blunderbus

I'm going to start now, if anyone else wants to join, you can join before the 1st turn is over.

Turn order:
1d4 = 3

Turn order is Flowermanvista -> Wolfslime123 -> DaEpikDude -> redgreenandblue.

Tymewalk

Can I sign up? yes I know I'm like 30 minutes late despite the game being open for a while oof

If so, my icon can be @.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

Quote from: TymewalkCan I sign up? yes I know I'm like 30 minutes late despite the game being open for a while oof

If so, my icon can be @.
OK.
You'll go after RGB in the turn order.

Flowermanvista

Ok cool I can go first.

Roll 2d6 to move. Result is 6 and 5, landing me on TGORADASWH. I would like to buy it.
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

Blunderbus

Seanbobe

My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Blunderbus

Quote from: seanbobeCan I join? I will be $ if I can.
Ok, you'll go after Tymewalk

Wolfslime123

(1,3)=4

Income tax. I hate the government.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

Updated.

Next is me.

2d6 = 5, 4 = 9

That takes me to The sky is the limit, which I'll buy.

Next up is RGB

redgreenandblue

2d6=1,1 (2)

Questions and Suggestions
1d15=9
Trendy is dead, pay $100 to get her back.
but she rolled my dice :(

doubles so I go again
2d6=1,5 (6)
I move to If this leaves the first page of the TBGs, we lose!
I will buy it.

End of turn.

Blunderbus

Quote from: redgreenandbluebut she rolled my dice :(
that was actually an evil clone of Trendy that rolled it, don't trust her at all

Updated, next up is Tyme

Prism

she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

redgreenandblue

Quote from: DaEpikDude
that was actually an evil clone of Trendy that rolled it, don't trust her at all

Updated, next up is Tyme
does this mean I get to re-roll

Blunderbus

Quote from: JayfeatherJoin.
I'll use this for my icon:
All right, you'll go after sean.

Quote from: redgreenandblue
Quote from: DaEpikDude

Updated, next up is Tyme
does this mean I get to re-roll
no

Blunderbus

Blunderbus

It's been ~25 hours and Tyme hasn't gotten online to post, so I'm going to roll for him, since there's really not much choice at the start of the game, and I want to get the game moving a bit more.

Quote from: Tymewalk???2d6 = 5, 4 = 9
That takes me to The sky is the limit, which is already owned.
Pay $8 to DaEpikDude

Next is seanbobe.

Seanbobe

2d6=3+4=7
Chance 1d15: 12. Go to walmart war. Don't buy anything.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Blunderbus

Updated.

Next is Jayfeather / Arceus

Prism

she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

realicraft

I want to join. for my icon, use #
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think, maybe,
ewow status: 2a has released yet; voting ends on April 18th, at 10 PM UTC
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o