News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Draconic Era: Never Trust Anyone

Started by Faressain, Nov 18, 2019, 12:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faressain

Quote from: Lord GarthamusLore and what you must know about a dragon - Second Edition by Lord Garthamus
Year 372 after birth of Kasem the Rebuilder. The human kingdoms are at all times high, and dragons, weakened by the constant raids of the humans, are at a decline. Didn't help that the weapons also evolved - from simple polearms and crossbows, which most dragons either were too strong against, or too agile to hit, to matchlock guns, arbalests and giant siege ballistae which gained both in velocity and power.

Yet this isn't a tale of a human, who would be fighting them... well, technically can be. But mostly, it's a tale of a proud race - dragons.

These majestic creatures are masters of the arcana. What is arcana, you ask? Well, it's an elemental magic that they, the dragons hone. There are ten elemental and two generic ones. Those generic additionally divide between magicless dragons and "jacks-of-all-trades, masters of none".

The ten elemental schools are as following:
- Fire - casts power as a fire usually.
- Nature - draws power into manipulation of the nature, mostly the overgrowth.
- Air - casts the power to manipulate the air
- Earth - manipulates the ground, including the humane structures.
- Life - unlike others, can't attack, and yet they are highly regarded by dragons as the best healers. Although if threatened, sometimes there are cases of Life Dragons turning people into other dragons.
- Pure - while all the other magical dragons can manifest powers as one element, these dragons can use arcana itself for attacking and defending.
- Death - often shunned by others, these dragons are the most deadly of everyone. Curses are the only non-lethal use for them, and they are the living arsenal. The trouble is that most of these dragons end up (un)dead or insane.
- Electricity - control the electricity. Not necessarily useful, but thunders made by these are often a surprise.
- Poison - mostly assassin dragons, they learn a lot of offensive techniques to defend themselves from others. The difference from the magicless one is that they use their venom. Currently almost extinct because of the fact they were almost always considered dangerous by humans.
- Water - they can manipulate the water for their own goals.

Now, that you consider your alignment, and in case of dragon, what school of arcana you excel in, who are you, and what shall you be in the grand scheme of the world?

((Sign-up:

Name:
Age (humans put their age by years, dragons just have five ages - hatchling, juvenile, adolescent, mature and elder):
Species (human or one of draconic types):
Power (if dragon):
Appearance:
Personality (either it or Backstory):
Backstory (either it or Personality):
Weapon of choice (if human):
Strengths/Flaws:
Other:

Draconic types: Westerm Dragon, Eastern Dragon, Drake, Wyvern, Amphithere, Lindwyrm, Wyrm.))

Rules:
1. The TBGs rules do apply, please read these if you don't want to get into trouble.
2. No godmodding, metagaming etc. Just be a good sport, okay? Not everyone can hit each other. And even then, there can be disputes between humans, dragons and more commonly, between each other, which doesn't mean there can't be friendships either!
3. Even if you're a Life Dragon, no bringing anyone back to life. The exception is Death Dragon making one undead, but once undead, you know. You'd get shunned and stuff like that, and it's kinda risky for your soul too.
4. You may not learn a school of the power that your dragon isn't part of.
5. For now, maximum of three characters per person. This might get dropped down too.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Faressain

Character list:

Wolfslime:
Alex / 30 / M / Human / Healthy
Ssnakee:
Rablath / Adolescent / M / Western Dragon (Poison)/ Scarred, but healthy
Dakota:
Diotaro / Juvenile / M / Wyvern (Life) / Healthy
Chir':
Defure / Adolescent / M / Western Dragon (Electricity)/ Eye missing, otherwise healthy
Juniper / 25 / F / Human / Arm injured
Faressain:
Villthore / Juvenile / M / Drake (Nature) / Leg injured

Undeadlands:

Nobody's undead yet. Yay!

Memorial of fallen:

Nobody's dead yet. Yay!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Wolfslime123

Name: Alexi
Species: human
Appearance:
Personality (either it or Backstory): Not a fan of the draco-human conflict, believes that dragons and humans should coexist as fellow sapient beings. He is a researcher who is a part of a small community of other coexistence activists. He also took some time to learn medicine, and he offers his services to dragon hunters because that's the best way to research dragons.
Weapon of choice (if human): A shield, designed to protect against dragon attacks, and a machete, because humans can be dangerous too.
Strengths/Flaws: Isn't willing to hurt dragons, despite however much they'll want to hurt him, but if his hand is forced, he'll probably fight back.
Other: nope not really.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Faressain

Okay, seems good enough. Accepted, we wait for two more.

h4x

Name: Rablath
Species: western dragon
Power: Poison
Appearance: a menacing looking dragon. He is dark in colour, with red eyes, looking like one that of a snake. His wings are slightly torn at the edges, however this does not affect their use.
Personality: although his gloomy appearances, he is quite nice, and relaxed. He keeps up a facadé of being very serious and deadly around anyone he doesn't know well.
Backstory: he doesn't remember who his parents would have been. He hatched from an egg, alone on a hillside. It took a long time, but he had to learn to just care for himself, and face dangers. This is why he acts so menacingly around people he doesn't know. He is quite untrusting due to all of this.
(I wanna do both :P)
Strengths: Knows how to fend for himself, is self reliant. He isn't afraid to attack if need be. He is defensive of anyone he knows well.
Flaws: he thinks all humans are evil. He is a bit strange socially due to being alone so long. He takes everything litterally.
Other:

Faressain

That's not good enough!

Nah, just joking, accepted... That's not good enough...

...wait, what did I just play? That's not good enough!

Stop! Okay, accepted, and I hope Why is the Rum Gone doesn't play again.

MarthTheKing

Name: Diotaro
Species: Wyvern
Power: Life
Appearance: Completely white with a single black stripe all the way down his back and tail
Personality: Skiddish, but overall, fun
Strengths/Flaws: Often forgets about the world around him to dwell in his own world of fantasies, and the shock of coming back to reality usually doesn't treat him well
MDY-MDY should be the new standard for date format

guess who's back
back again

R.I.P.
squirrel from TBN, 2019-2019

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Faressain

Accepted, but we're waiting for Chir'.

Wolfslime123

Oh ok. Are you going to update the character list?
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Faressain

Chir'

Name: Defure
Species: Western
Power: Electricity
Appearance: https://imgur.com/C6zlKTl https://imgur.com/Jgqg4BM I have 9 more pics, also, right eye is missing
Backstory (either it or Personality): Basically his entire family died to hunters when he was less a year in age, also lost his right eye during it.
Strengths/Flaws: High strength and endurance compared to usual, bad vision due to missing right eye but doesn't really rely on vision anyway, lack of concern for his own life

Name: Juniper
Species: Human
Appearance: Blue eyes, blonde hair, scar on right arm
Backstory/Personality are something I kinda can't give any written stuff about here for reasons of backstory isn't nearly enough (although enough to use the character, just not enough to put it here (or really anywhere else either)) and I'm bad at written personalities.
Weapon of choice: sword and handgun, both electric
Strengths/Flaws: Good in combat, both mounted and unmounted, generally skilled rider
Maybe join these:
DEnta You get to be a dragon.
DoMA You get to be/have an item.

Faressain

Oh, that's good enough. We'll start now. Well, except I have yet to make a character. (Although it'd be nice to put the weakness on Juniper.) I probably will post not as first one.

Name: Villthore
Species: Drake
Power: Nature
Appearance: A youngling, small dragon considered to his species, mostly due to age. The scales seem like a lively limestone. The eyes, while not really gleaming in darkness, are still blue. His horns are yet undeveloped two spikes that begin to curve.
Personality: A naive juvenile, it's clear that it wants to follow whoever is older... well, along dragons. Along humans? Not so because he was born wild.
Strengths/Flaws: He really is weaker than any of his usual specimen. However, he has a prodigy to become a great caster amongst the dragons.

Wolfslime123

((Do you have any map or locations planned?))
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Faressain

((Right. I'll have the locations free to players interpretation. But one for sure - there's a capital city, Tyrux, there's plains, forest near it. As I said, I'm not posting first, I want to give equal chances))

Wolfslime123

Alexi had just arrived in Tyrux from close by Stoneregan.

He decided to visit the Dragon Hunter's League in Tyrux for the more dangerous missions and to see more rare dragons.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

h4x

Rablath wondered around the high mountains, watching this city from afar.
What a pinnacle of achievement.... But why do they hate me so much?
His question was unanswered.

Faressain

Villthore was just minding his own business in the forest south-east to the capital, running in the plains since he spotted something tasty - a deer. However, turned out that it ran from different reason. The shadows seemed to loom over him.
- "How much for this drakelings hide?"
- "Eh, the dark market of Tyrux won't buy it for much, maybe 67 kronas?"
- "Good enough, and the horns?"
The drake was confused what were these words meaning.
- "Two hundred."
He was still chasing the prey despite the horsemen drawing closer.

Chir'

(Sorry 'bout the fact I'm not good at coming up with strengths OR weaknesses for normal humans.)

Above the plains.
"Spotted some hunters."
"Take 'em down?"
"There probably won't be any witnesses."
Maybe join these:

h4x

I decide to venture down the mountain.

Faressain

And then Villthore just got injured by a bolt on leg from the crossbow, just as he was almost at the deer. A little surprised, he decided to flee, limping though he won't be able to without outside help. He tries to limp to the trees so he could lose his attackers.

h4x

Faressain

Wolfslime123

((...there are no human characters that have done anything and I'm sad.))

Alexi looks around the Dragon Hunter's League some more.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Chir'

(Thing is, I have the only other human at the moment and because of my other character she isn't in the same place as yours.)
One of the hunters chasing Villthore gets hit by lightning.
Maybe join these: