News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Continue the Story - №1

Started by DownsGameClub, Oct 08, 2019, 01:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownsGameClub

The game is simple: continue the story based on the given prompt.  Anyone can take up the character who gives the prompt.

Some tips!
This is kinda like improv.  If you know any of the rules, try to follow them as much as possible.[list=*]
[li]Try not to negate a given fact.  Once it's established, it's established. (In other words, it is best to respond with "yes, and..." to something)[/li]
[li]Develop your character.  It'll be much more interesting once you establish your situation and background.[/li]
[li]This is only limited to your imagination.[/li]
[li]Stuff that's relatable (especially in real life) makes the story more funny.[/li]
[li]The story should flow.  Build it up; don't randomly place an element that's entirely out of the storyline.[/li]
[li]On the other hand, expect the story to change in very unexpected ways.  Adjust to them and move forward.[/li]
[/list]

You can come in as any character at any time of the story.  Actions are allowed too.

PROMPT:
"Look, I don't care if it's orange."
GO.

Wolfslime123

"Then great! Now help me put them on the house!"
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

"What? No, that's not what I meant."
"What did you mean then?"
"I meant I'm not putting those... things... on the house, I don't care what care WHAT color they are."

Wolfslime123

"It's Halloween!" said Teal, "These vampires are fine!"
"But they aren't representative to actual vampires in original myth!"
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

DownsGameClub

*hangs one up anyway with tape* Nah, the orange contrasts really well with the brown house.  Don't we have some orange pumpkin masks too?  The kids will love a pumpkin vampire!"

Joyous Theta

"Teal, stop being stupid."
"Aww, quit acting so unfun. You used to love this stuff, now everything's gotta be so 'realistic' for you."

Wolfslime123

"I think being faithful to the legends is better. Besides, that was when we were kids."
"Technically, we're still kids."
"Just barely, besides, we already have some better decorations."
"No, we're not using those."

"Hey guys, what's up?" (color: #7F171F)
"Oh, h-hey Merlot."
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

DownsGameClub

"Those decorations are looking fye!"
*looks down*
"Aww crap, my shoes are untied again!
... you didn't notice, did you?"

Joyous Theta

After a bit of silence, Merlot looks back up to notice that Key and Teal aren't there. And wasn't it a lot brighter before? Where even were they?

Suddenly, Merlot hears an unfamiliar voice from behind them. "Notice what, young human?"

Wolfslime123

"W-What's going on!"
Merlot spun around in shock. He couldn't see anything except for his own body. Everything was black.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

"You tell me, young human," the voice says.

Merlot hears heavy footsteps approaching him.

"As far as I can tell, there's nothing unusual."

Wolfslime123

"I don't know where I am! One second I'm with my friends decorating for Halloween and the next I can't see anything!"
Merlot turns around to the sound of the foot steps, but he still can't see.
"Who are you? I can hear you walking!"

((Do you have a direction you're going with this?))
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

((I had one idea but I wanted to see what somebody else might do.

If you don't have any ideas then tell me and I'll try my idea.))

DownsGameClub

Quote from: CrazeePi((I had one idea but I wanted to see what somebody else might do.

If you don't have any ideas then tell me and I'll try my idea.))
Make bold choices.  Everyone else will have to adapt to it anyways (which hopefully should make the game a bit more interesting). :)

"I need some stuff," says the voice.  Something seems a bit off about the stranger.

Joyous Theta

Merlot felt a hand on his shoulder and jolted away. Just from the fleeting moment that he felt this hand Merlot could tell that this voice came from something far from human.

And that's when he saw it.

A giant standing tall above him, concealed by a coat of leather patches, each leather patch being different from the other. It felt as if it was constantly watching, waiting, observing.

"I need a vampire and a human," it said.

Tymewalk

Merlot angled his head up to face the figure, still shocked at what he was feeling, almost beginning to tremble in fear.

"A... a vampire and a human?" he asked, not entirely sure what the giant wanted of him.

"W... what do you need them for?"
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Wolfslime123

"That is none of your concern," said the being, "Can you provide them?"
"No? Where am I going to get those!?"
The patchwork being looked at him, "Then I have no choice."
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Tymewalk

The being rushed at Merlot as he dodged to the side.

"Hang on, hang on, what are you-" Merlot said exasperatedly, as he tried to get the words out.

The being charged at Merlot, and with one ice-cold grip, pinned him against the wall.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words