News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Relics of Eleminthus (4/8)

Started by Blunderbus, Aug 17, 2019, 09:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunderbus

(Wait, what? I made an actual serious RP? Say it ain't so!)

This land of Eleminthus has long belonged to five great kingdoms: Coulimba to the south, Celsion to the west, Solunis to the north, Luxima to the east, and Stellys in the centre of them all. Each bearing two "Relics" from their history, they have all existed in a time of peace for generations.

However, that has now changed. Stellys's 11th king, Fahrith, has taken the country's Relics and attacked neighbouring Solunis without warning: and now he is setting his sights on the others.

Although Solunis's army has been crushed, a small resistance group has formed to fight back against Stellys, before it can take control of the entire continent...

Rules
- This is a more serious RP, so no joke characters.
- No Mary Sues, powerplaying, godmodding etc. You know the drill.
- One character per person, but you can join with a new one if they die.
- Magic exists. You can use it.
- Medieval-ish fantasy setting, so no modern technology.
- (edit) Everybody's a human.
Gameplay
I'm trying a less numbers-based RP this time around. Combat is a standard d20 affair, with your attack roll against the enemy's defense roll.
Each character has a Health and Stamina stat. Health is pretty obvious: if you reach 0 health, then you die. Stamina is a measure of how much energy you have left: this increases slightly every turn. Using strong attacks or getting hurt too much reduces your stamina: if you hit 0 then you'll suffer a penalty on your rolls until it regains a little bit.
Health and stamina are NOT recovered after battles, but stamina will build up faster when you're not fighting.
Signup sheet
Name:
Brief description:
Appearance:
Weapon: (can be a magic spell)
Inventory: (a few small items)
Other: (anything else you want to say)
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Blunderbus

Characters
Quote from: Smiley100PName: Yuri Frales
Brief description: Yuri is a traveler from the country of Luxima.  She was raised in a moderately wealthy family, under a resentful mother and a loving father.  She was taught Science, History, English, Luximan, and basic mathematics before her father sneaked her out because she refused to marry per her mother's orders.  She has been on her own for an entire month, and is only now getting ahold of things.
Appearance: 5'10 mixed human. She has simple blue eyes and (currently) wears white traveler's clothes and, over it, a brown hood.
Weapon: A thin, one-foot long wand carved out of birch wood, with glyphs from Luxima's alphabet scribed onto it.  The only spell she (currently) knows is a grade C magic missile.
Inventory: A canteen of water, a 70-foot long rope
Other: probably still a bit spoiled, Luximan's hex code is #9840ff, rusty english

Quote from: CrazeePiName: Wilf
Brief description: A self-proclaimed merchant who travels around seeking to make a profit, often stooping low in doing so. He seeks to be considered trustworthy by those around him in order to help him with this, and often talks in a formal manner. Despite seeking trust from others, he however puts no trust in others himself.
Description: He wears a fluffy purple coat with many pockets, both inside and out. Underneath which he wears a dark tan sweater. He always wears white gloves and has longish brown hair.
Talents: He has a natural talent for convincing others and telling lies. For those who he can not convince, he can hypnotize by having them look directly into his eyes.
Flaws:
Appearance: He wears a fluffy purple coat with many pockets, both inside and out. Underneath which he wears a dark tan sweater. He always wears white gloves and has longish brown hair.
Weapon: He doesn't have a weapon right now, but what he does have is the ability to hypnotize anyone who looks directly into his eyes.
Inventory: Some sacks of gold and some valuable gemstones.
Other: I've given up on Fort Ace
Quote from: Wolfslime123Name: Prang Willowwind
Brief description: A Solunese doctor turned refugee from the Stellyian incursion. He lived alone there, the rest of his family are Celsionites. He knows Solunese and Celsion. If the Stellyians took slaves, then he knows basic Stellyian commands. Most of his possessions have been lost and stolen. He joined the resistance to try and get back, but also to help fight the Stellyians.
Appearance: He has dark brown irises and black hair. He has a black clothes and a doctor's waxed-canvas gown and hat, both of which have some damage.
Weapon: Doctor's cane and a stolen sword (which he doesn't really know to wield, despite basic teaching from the resistance. I'd half all his attack roles.)
Inventory: A doctor's bag, filled with stolen medical supplies. (The apothecary probably wouldn't have minded... maybe... if he was still there.)
Other: Knows basic pain numbing magic. But if you don't have much planned, I'll go ahead and say advanced magic healing is for the rich.
Quote from: seanbobeName: Maximilian Burdon
Brief description: An apprentice magician who just started training. His mentor was supposed to be part of the resistance, but Maximilian took her place when she fell ill.
Appearance: 5 feet tall, wears tattered, dirt covered clothes.
Weapon: Simple wand. He can't use it to attack, and can only cast a spell to temporarily raise someone's defense rolls.
Inventory: Three apples, a wooden shield.
Other: Maximilian is unable to speak, but has become well practiced at nonverbal communication.

Alive
Yuri Frales
HP: 20/20
St: 10/10
Weapons: Luximan birch wand.
Can cast basic spells.
Armour: Basic leather armour.
Inventory: Canteen of water, 70-foot rope, traveller's clothes.

Wilf
Weapons: Basic dagger.
Armour: Fluffy coat, sweater, white gloves.
Inventory: Sacks of gold, gemstones.

Prang Willowwind
Weapons: Doctor's cane, sword, cane with hidden sword.
Can cast basic healing spells.
Learning to cast intermediate healing spells.
Armour: Doctor's gown and hat.
Inventory: Bag with various medical supplies.

Maximilian Burdon
Weapons: Simple wand, shovel.
Can cast basic defensive spells.
Learning to cast basic healing spells.
Armour: Tattered clothes, wooden shield.
Inventory: 3 apples, 3 healing potions, 3 energy potions, 3 defense potions.
Fallen
Nobody yet

Blunderbus

Another reserved post just in case

Starmeadows

Name: Yuri Frales
Brief description: Yuri is a traveler from the country of Luxima.  She was raised in a moderately wealthy family, under a resentful mother and a loving father.  She was taught Science, History, English, Luximan, and basic mathematics before her father sneaked her out because she refused to marry per her mother's orders.  She has been on her own for an entire month, and is only now getting ahold of things.
Appearance: Either a 4'10 bipedal silver tabby or a 5'10 mixed human, depending if you allow the former.  Either way, she has simple blue eyes and (currently) wears white traveler's clothes and, over it, a brown hood.
Weapon: A thin, one-foot long wand carved out of birch wood, with glyphs from Luxima's alphabet scribed onto it.  The only spell she (currently) knows is a grade C magic missile.
Inventory: A canteen of water, a 70-foot long rope, and
Other: probably still a bit spoiled, Luximan's hex code is #9840ff, rusty english

Blunderbus

Quote from: Smiley100PName: Yuri Frales
Appearance: Either a 4'10 bipedal silver tabby or a 5'10 mixed human, depending if you allow the former.  Either way, she has simple blue eyes and (currently) wears white traveler's clothes and, over it, a brown hood.
Inventory: A canteen of water, a 70-foot long rope, and
Accepted (human version).

Joyous Theta

Blunderbus

Quote from: CrazeePiIs this humans only?
Yes (guess I should put that in the rules)

Blunderbus

bump (also I forgot to update the title again oops)

Starmeadows

aw ok lol
there are races other than humans in the setting isnt there

Blunderbus

Quote from: Smiley100Paw ok lol
there are races other than humans in the setting isnt there
humans are a species not a race tho
idk yet i don't have too much planned out

Blunderbus

Joyous Theta

Name: Wilf
Brief description: A self-proclaimed merchant who travels around seeking to make a profit, often stooping low in doing so. He seeks to be considered trustworthy by those around him in order to help him with this, and often talks in a formal manner. Despite seeking trust from others, he however puts no trust in others himself.
Description: He wears a fluffy purple coat with many pockets, both inside and out. Underneath which he wears a dark tan sweater. He always wears white gloves and has longish brown hair.
Talents: He has a natural talent for convincing others and telling lies. For those who he can not convince, he can hypnotize by having them look directly into his eyes.
Flaws:
Appearance: He wears a fluffy purple coat with many pockets, both inside and out. Underneath which he wears a dark tan sweater. He always wears white gloves and has longish brown hair.
Weapon: He doesn't have a weapon right now, but what he does have is the ability to hypnotize anyone who looks directly into his eyes.

Blunderbus

Quote from: CrazeePiName: Wilf
Flaws:
All right

Wolfslime123

Name: Prang Willowwind
Brief description: A Solunese doctor turned refugee from the Stellyian incursion. He lived alone there, the rest of his family are Celsionites. He knows Solunese and Celsion. If the Stellyians took slaves, then he knows basic Stellyian commands. Most of his possessions have been lost and stolen. He joined the resistance to try and get back, but also to help fight the Stellyians.
Appearance: He has dark brown irises and black hair. He has a black clothes and a doctor's waxed-canvas gown and hat, both of which have some damage.
Weapon: Doctor's cane and a stolen sword (which he doesn't really know to wield, despite basic teaching from the resistance. I'd half all his attack roles.)
Inventory: A doctor's bag, filled with stolen medical supplies. (The apothecary probably wouldn't have minded... maybe... if he was still there.)
Other: Knows basic pain numbing magic. But if you don't have much planned, I'll go ahead and say advanced magic healing is for the rich.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

Quote from: Wolfslime123Name: Prang Willowwind
All right, accepted. I'll probably start fairly soon.

Blunderbus

It's been a few weeks since the Stellysian army invaded Solunis, and nearly the entire country is under their control.

Yuri, Wilf and Prang are part of an undercover resistance that's dedicated to overthrowing Stellys's rule and returning Solunis to an independent nation. Right now, they've been sent on a mission to the capital. Solunis's capital is one of the few cities that has yet to fall, but it's not going to hold out forever: the party's been sent to retrieve something for the resistance before the capital is taken. You haven't been told exactly what you're looking for, but you're supposed to find the capital's Grand Church: apparently the bishop there will give you help if you tell them you're with the resistance.

Right now they're in a smaller town about a day away from the capital. Stellysian troops are all over the place: you'd better be careful not to give away that you're involved with the resistance. There's a small market in the centre of town with various different supplies: bandages, potions, weapons, etc. Thanks to Wilf, the group has a good amount of money with them, so you can buy whatever you need.

You can stock up on supplies in town, but that might run the risk of you being found out by one of the soldiers. Once you think you're ready, you can leave the town towards Solunis's capital.

(In terms of talking to other people, Eleminthus mostly uses one language between all five countries, though there are still some people who speak Stellysian, Luximan, Solunese, Celsionite or Coulimban. If your character can't understand a language please don't act like they do)

Seanbobe

Can I still join?

Name: Maximilian Burdon
Brief description: An apprentice magician who just started training. His mentor was supposed to be part of the resistance, but Maximilian took her place when she fell ill.
Weapon: Simple wand. He can't use it to attack, and can only cast a spell to temporarily raise someone's defense rolls.
Other: Maximilian is unable to speak, but has become well practiced at nonverbal communication.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Wolfslime123

Prang put on his doctor's mask and hood. It's cracked and the glass is broken. So he isn't sure if he blends in super well.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

Quote from: seanbobeCan I still join?

Name: Maximilian Burdon
Ok, you're in.
(I'll just say that you're part of the group already so you don't need to wait, although this might not always be the case in future)

Quote from: Wolfslime123Prang put on his doctor's mask and hood. It's cracked and the glass is broken. So he isn't sure if he blends in super well.
Nobody seems to be focusing on the group too much, so you're probably good for now.

Wolfslime123

Prang goes into a shop and looks for a less conspicuous sword than his existing one. A cane sword that looks like his doctor's cane would probably be good.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Starmeadows

Yuri walked through the marketplace, not really looking for anything other than her allies.

Seanbobe

Max looks at the potions to see if anything sticks out. He briefly debates buying a weapon, but decides it would be too unwieldy and attract unwanted attention.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Blunderbus

Quote from: Wolfslime123Prang goes into a shop and looks for a less conspicuous sword than his existing one. A cane sword that looks like his doctor's cane would probably be good.
One of the shops in an out-of-the-way part of the market looks like it has something like that: a cane where you can take off part of it to make it become a sword.

Quote from: seanbobeMax looks at the potions to see if anything sticks out. He briefly debates buying a weapon, but decides it would be too unwieldy and attract unwanted attention.
The potion shop has a variety of effects. It has some basic healing potions, energising potions, and a few strength- and defense-raising potions.

Joyous Theta

Wilf looks around in search of some good deals.