News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Generiventure 2: Bad Reboot Edition

Started by Blunderbus, May 09, 2019, 01:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunderbus

ok let's do this properly this time
Basically I think the first one's battles were too long and complicated so here's a reboot of it with normal mechanics.

In this land of This Land, a dark figure is trying to ta- wait haven't I heard this story somewhere before? Wasn't there something along this lines a few-oh, never mind. A dark figure is trying to take over. The Dark Lord Fillavillin! The only ones who can stop him are... well, I mean really anyone could probably do it, the heroes aren't that special. I guess they're the protagonists though so let's pretend they're special. The only ones who can stop him are a small group of heroes from the northwest. And they're all Level 1. Will they succeed in their quest? Probably.

Rules
- No godmodding, metagaming, Mary Sues and so on. All the standard stuff basically.
- Generic medieval setting, so no guns or whatever.
- The 4th wall can and will be broken.

Gameplay
Fairly standard RPG stuff, with d20s determining success. Dice rolls will be d20 * (your relevant stat / enemy's relevant stat) + bonuses.
Rolling a 1 ignores bonuses, while rolling a 20 ignores penalties.
In battle, you can attack with whatever you have equipped, use an item (including swapping weapons), defend, or run away. Attacking and using items are pretty self explanatory, defending halves any damage you take this turn, and running away lets you... run away. (Based on the number of turns that have passed, and the number of enemies. Some encounters you can't run from)

Stats
HP: Take a wild guess. (...Does HP stand for Hit Points or Health Points?)
Attack: Increases damage using physical weapons. This also affects things such as moving heavy items around.
Defense: Decreases the physical damage you receive. Also acts as a sort of "endurance" stat.
Magic: Increases damage using magical weapons. Also increases the effects of staves (more healing, stronger statuses etc.)
Magic Defense: Decreases the magical damage you receive. This also acts as a resistance against status effects, decreasing their effects.

Signups

Name:
Stats (split 25 points among the following):
     HP (you have at least 10, 1 more point gives you +2 HP):
     Attack:
     Defense:
     Magic:
     Magic Defense:
Weapon: (either Wood """Sword""" or Beginner's Guide to Fireballs)
Items: (not too many things please)
Other:

(Whatever sort of stats you have here will influence how you level up, so you'll keep more or less the same stat spread)

Map of This Land
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Blunderbus

Characters
Quote from: redgreenandblueName: Nido
Description: Nido used to be an adventurer he isn't anymore because that isn't an option. Now he just looks like a guy without a spear.
Stats:
     HP: 7
     Attack: 7
     Defense: 7
     Magic: 0
     Magic Defense: 4
Weapon: ""Sword""
Items: An assortment of marbles
Other: enoN
Quote from: seanbobeName: Sam
Description: A young farm boy who followed the rest of the group after getting bored with his job.
     HP (you have at least 10, 1 more point gives you +2 HP): 5
     Attack: 0
     Defense: 2
     Magic: 15
     Magic Defense: 3
Weapon: Fireball book
Items: 5 apples
Other: None

Stats

Nido
Level 1 (8 EXP to level up)
HP: 24
Attack: 7 (+2)

Weapon: (Physical) Wood """Sword""": Looks like a sword, but it's more just a stick. +2 Attack
Accessory: nothing lol
Inventory:
- Marble x5: Roll one on the ground and one of the enemies might be compelled to chase after it, pick it up, and return it to you.

Sam
Level 1 (8 EXP to level up)
HP: 20
Magic: 15 (+2)

Weapon: (Magical) Beginner's Guide to Fireballs: Step-by-step instructions on how to make the area around your hand a bit warmer. +2 Magic
Accessory: nothing lol
Inventory:
- Apple x5: Eat it to restore 5 HP. You can also eat it on an ally's behalf, which heals them somehow.

Gold™: 100

Blunderbus

redgreenandblue

Yess, I was missing generiventure.

Name: Nido
Description: Nido used to be an adventurer he isn't anymore because that isn't an option. Now he just looks like a guy without a spear.
Stats:
🌱

Blunderbus

Quote from: redgreenandblueYess, I was missing generiventure.

Name: Nido
Stats:
Ok cool

Joyous Theta

Noo, I was missing long and complicated battles.

Seanbobe

Name: Sam
Description: A young farm boy who followed the rest of the group after getting bored with his job.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Blunderbus

Quote from: seanbobeName: Sam
Accepted

Blunderbus

bump (I'll start with 1 more person)

Blunderbus

Blunderbus

Blunderbus

Blunderbus

ok i'm tired of waiting i'm just going to start and hope someone else joins

Nido and Sam are standing on a platform, in the middle of That First Town's marketplace, with That First Town's mayor in front of them. There's a small crowd in the marketplace, waiting to see what this is all about.
The mayor steps forward and shouts to the crowd:
"Attention, citizens of Where You Start! These two brave heroes have agreed to go on a journey to defeat the evil Dark Lord Fillavillin!"
"...come on guys, it's your turn to say something inspiring now, don't leave me hanging here"

redgreenandblue

"I have agreed to go on a journey to defeat the evil Dark Lord Fillavillin" Nido shouts out
"alright your turn Sam"
🌱

Seanbobe

Sam loos up from his fireball book. "I have agreed to accompany Nido. This will be interesting."
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Blunderbus

Quote from: redgreenandblue"I have agreed to go on a journey to defeat the evil Dark Lord Fillavillin" Nido shouts out
"alright your turn Sam"
Quote from: seanbobeSam loos up from his fireball book. "I have agreed to accompany Nido. This will be interesting."
The audience applauds for some reason.
"May these brave heores not die!"
more applause

The audience breaks up, and everything goes back to normal stuff. The group's standing around in the marketplace. There's a few stands selling weapons of various kinds, and one stand advertising some accessories. The owner of the accessories stand seems to be waving at you.

(FYI, you have a total of 100 Gold™ I forgot to put that in the OP)

The town gate's behind you, as well as the plot.