News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Over)

Started by SuperJedi224, Oct 24, 2018, 09:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperJedi224

The current round is being hosted by Smiley100P and starts here. It may differ from the rules below, which were the rules used for the first round.

---

Welcome to the game of Mafia! The rules we'll be playing by are as follows:

Setup
Once signups have completed, the players will be divided into a mafia team and a town team (depending on the number of players, there may also be one or more independent players). Some players will also be assigned a specific role (such as doctor or detective.) There will be more town-aligned players than mafia-aligned players.

Each mafia-aligned player will be told who the other mafia-aligned players are, but town players are not told the alignment of any of the other players. Mafia players will also be sent a link to a private discord server (note that, as the host, I have access to this server as well).

At the start of gameplay, everyone should receive a message (see Private Messaging below)  which includes their alignment, a description of their role (if any), and (if they are assigned as an independent player) their win condition. Once you have received this message, please post here to confirm.

If all mafia players are eliminated, the surviving members of the town win. If all town-aligned players are eliminated, the surviving members of the mafia win. Each independent role will have its own separate win condition. (Note that some independent roles may also need to be eliminated for the town or mafia to win, though this depends on the specific role.)

Gameplay
Gameplay consists of a series of day phases and night phases, starting on Night 0.

Night 0 will last until 24 hours after a given number of players (probably around 75% of the total players) have confirmed. All subsequent phases will last approximately 48 hours.

During each day phase, the surviving players will be allowed to vote on a single player to eliminate. The player who receives the most votes against them will be eliminated at the end of the phase. Votes are to be posted publicly in this topic. You may change your vote at any time before the end of the day phase by simply posting your new vote. Tied votes are resolved randomly.

During each night phase, the surviving mafia-aligned players will be allowed to select a single player to eliminate, who will be eliminated at the end of the phase. Additionally, some roles will have special actions they can use during the night phase. All night-phase actions, including the mafia's night kill, should be sent to me privately. When you submit a night action, please include the number of the current night phase in your message. The mafia does not get a night kill on Night 0.

Whenever a player is eliminated in any way, their role and alignment will be revealed at the start of the following phase. This will include a quotation of their role PM, though some information may be redacted as appropriate.

While the game is running, players should not edit or delete posts in this topic. Once you have been eliminated, you may not post in this topic until the game has completed.

Private Messaging
As our forum does not have a private message feature, private messaging can be handled via discord. If you wish to communicate via the email form instead, please indicate this in your post when you sign up (and make sure you have it enabled - you should see an [ email ] link under your post count).

Signing Up
If you wish to sign up, please post in this topic to do so. Signups will remain open until approximately 9:30 PM EST on 2018-10-30 (just over a week from now). I would like a minimum of 5 players, though more players would be preferable.

Players
-DaEpikDude Mafia Roleblocker, lynched day 3
-seanbobe Townie, killed night 1
-redgreenandblue Doctor, lynched day 4
-Smiley100P
-TheLastDino Townie, lynched day 2
-ChildGamer Townie, lynched day 1
-realicraft Cop, killed night 3

Blunderbus

Are there more roles than just citizen and mafia or is that it?

Either way sign up
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

SuperJedi224

Quote from: DaEpikDudeAre there more roles than just citizen and mafia?

Yes.

Seanbobe

Signup. I remember someone tried this before, but it never went anywhere.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

redgreenandblue

Starmeadows

Dino

Karanrimé

The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

realicraft

it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think, maybe,
ewow status: 2a has released yet; voting ends on April 18th, at 10 PM UTC
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

SuperJedi224

Countdown until the signup deadline:

Role PMs will probably go out shortly thereafter, and Night 0 begins as soon as role PMs have been sent.

realicraft

Quote from: SuperJedi224Role PMs will probably go out shortly thereafter, and Night 0 begins as soon as role PMs have been sent.
My discord username is ''?Nef⚡#0571 by the way, in case you didn't know.
(the question mark is https://emojipedia.org/electric-plug/)

SuperJedi224

Quote from: realicraft
Quote from: SuperJedi224Role PMs will probably go out shortly thereafter, and Night 0 begins as soon as role PMs have been sent.
My discord username is ''?Nef⚡#0571 by the way, in case you didn't know.
(the question mark is https://emojipedia.org/electric-plug/)

Apparently you're no longer on the discord server? For some reason discord's private messaging system doesn't allow starting a conversation with someone you don't share a server with.

realicraft

Quote from: SuperJedi224Apparently you're no longer on the discord server? For some reason discord's private messaging system doesn't allow starting a conversation with someone you don't share a server with.
Weird.
Maybe try sending a friend request.

SuperJedi224

Friend request sent, hopefully that will fix that issue once you accept.

You seriously don't seem to be on the TBG forums discord server anymore though, is there a reason?

realicraft

Quote from: SuperJedi224You seriously don't seem to be on the TBG forums discord server anymore though, is there a reason?
I left, for... personal reasons.
Also, can confirm I received the PM.

SuperJedi224

It is now Night 0.

The countdown to Day 1 will begin once 5 players have confirmed.

The Players
-DaEpikDude
-seanbobe
-redgreenandblue
-Smiley100P
-TheLastDino
-ChildGamer
-realicraft

Starmeadows

Seanbobe

redgreenandblue

Blunderbus

SuperJedi224

Day 1 begins in:

If you have a night action you would like to use on Night 0, please submit it to me before this deadline if you have not done so already.

SuperJedi224

It is now Day 1. To place your vote, post vote <player> in this topic. You may change your vote at any time before the end of the day phase by simply posting your new vote. The player with the most votes will be eliminated at the end of the day phase.

The Players
-DaEpikDude
-seanbobe
-redgreenandblue
-Smiley100P
-TheLastDino
-ChildGamer
-realicraft

Day one ends in:

Blunderbus

redgreenandblue

Seanbobe