News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Do Not Touch The Coffee (CYOA)

Started by Tymewalk, Sep 22, 2018, 08:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

Don't touch the coffee. That's literally all you have to do. Just don't touch it. It's that simple. Why am I bothering to explain?

Rules
- All actions are first come, first served. The only exception is where you'd logically be able to do both actions (i.e, look around and then walk somewhere.)
- Keep the flow of the story. Don't walk down the street then post "I suddenly jump all the way to Mars and beat up Rick Astley."
- Do not touch the coffee!

ahem

Jimothy stands in his room. There is a bed to the left and a door in front of him. Behind him is the window, and to the right is a computer.

What does Jimothy do?
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

Wonder whether or not this is based on Go Get Some Coffee, given the coffee and the underlining of important objects.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDudeWonder whether or not this is based on Go Get Some Coffee, given the coffee and the underlining of important objects.
You ponder the idea that your universe is based on another universe.

Unfortunately, you have not yet found a gate, so you have no way of proving or disproving this theory.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Joyous Theta

Find some gloves to put on.

Quote from: DaEpikDudeWonder whether or not this is based on Go Get Some Coffee, given the coffee and the underlining of important objects.

Kinda wondering the same thing about if Go Get Some Coffee is based on a CYOA I unsuccessfully made (due to me not knowing what the term "planning ahead" means) that was about you getting some coffee.

Kinda makes me want to do a better planned out reboot of that.

Prism

she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Tymewalk

Quote from: CrazeePiFind some gloves to put on.
Jimothy can not find gloves, but he is able to find mittens. Unfortunately it is rather warm outside, although it will have to do.

findanegg

She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

Tymewalk

Quote from: findaneggtouch the coffee
Normally, this would be a violation of the rules, but there doesn't appear to be any coffee made, so you can't touch it anyways.

findanegg

Quote from: Tymewalk
Normally, this would be a violation of the rules, but there doesn't appear to be any coffee made, so you can't touch it anyways.
find the cofe
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

Tymewalk

Quote from: findanegg
Quote from: Tymewalk
find the cofe
Jimothy steps outside. The sun is really bright, but thankfully, does not seem to hold any coffee, so he doesn't have to look at it.

There are several other houses in Jimothy's neighborhood. Perhaps one of his neighbors might have some coffee.

The road also stretches out in two directions - the left and the right.

findanegg

run into a random house, demand cofe, if they say no produce knife and demand cofe agan

Tymewalk

You managed to make me laugh out loud with that post, good job
Quote from: findaneggrun into a random house, demand cofe, if they say no produce knife and demand cofe agan
Jimothy runs into the house of his neighbor Sarah. He does not know Sarah well at all, but this does not stop him from demanding coffee.

"What? Who are you? Why do you want coffee? Get out of my house!" Sarah frantically shouts.

Jimothy would, at this point, produce a knife, but he forgot to bring one when he ran into Sarah's house.

Blunderbus

Tell Sarah that you need to touch the coffee.
Wait, or did you need to not touch the coffee?

findanegg

punch sara, get cofe wile she is distarcted

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDudeTell Sarah that you need to touch the coffee.
Wait, or did you need to not touch the coffee?
"Wait, you... need to touch the coffee? I don't understa-"
Quote from: findaneggpunch sara, get cofe wile she is distarcted
Instead of bothering to see what you were supposed to do, you simply punch Sarah in the face and go look for some coffee.

While you find cereal, donuts, and orange juice, you can not seem to find coffee in Sarah's kitchen.

Blunderbus

Run out in case Sarah comes to and calls the police on you for breaking & entering, assault and attempted robbery.

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDudeRun out in case Sarah comes to and calls the police on you for breaking & entering, assault and attempted robbery.
Jimothy runs out of Sarah's house, leaving Sarah confused as to what this strange person just did to her kitchen.

Jimothy is now in the middle of the street.

Blunderbus

Get some money and go to a café

findanegg

go into a cafe, punch barista until they make you coffee

Blunderbus

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDudeGet some money and go to a café
Jimothy rushes back to his house, grabs his wallet, and goes down to the café.
Quote from: findanegggo into a cafe, punch barista until they make you coffee
Jimothy considers punching this barista so he can get some coffee without having to pay, meaning he can have both money and coffee.
Quote from: DaEpikDudeno don't do that
However, he instead decides against this.

Siverko

Order coffee.

Actually, no. Run frantically, screaming "I NEED COFFEE" and find another person's coffee and then touch it like a deranged person.
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

findanegg

Tymewalk

Quote from: SiverkoOrder coffee.

Actually, no. Run frantically, screaming "I NEED COFFEE" and find another person's coffee and then touch it like a deranged person.
Jimothy orders coffee, like a sane person. However, he quickly reconsiders, and leaps after another customer, hoping to touch their coffee.
Quote from: findaneggpunch the barista
Jimothy, overwhelmed by the possibilities, tries punching the barista, but slips in his confusion and falls onto the floor of the café.

Siverko

Oh no, I must have slipped on a pool of coffee!
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".