News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Isle of Leaf (4/4)

Started by Blunderbus, Sep 03, 2018, 01:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunderbus

Welcome to the Isle of Leaf! This remote island is rich with materials: wood, stone, food... the perfect place to set up your own colony!

This is a survival-ish civilisation game (as you could probably tell) based on a board game that I made (and then never really played). The map is located here (there will also be a link at the top of each file).

Up to four people can join each game. (The games are probably going to last quite a while)

The rules

This game is turn-based. Each turn will last either two days or until everyone has made their actions. (If you don't make an action, you won't do anything on that turn.)
Each turn involves moving your settlers and making them perform an action (either gathering or building). You can move settlers one space north, south, east or west of where they currently are (e.g. if you have a settler on C2, you can move them to B2, D2, C1 or C3). If you have constructed roads on spaces, however, this changes: if a settler is on a space with a road, it can move anywhere as long as the spaces it moves to all have roads (e.g. if a settler is on B2 and B2, B3 and B4 have roads, the settler can move to B4 in a single turn).
(Since the roads are important, when a tile has a road it will be marked with a road icon.)

Once you've moved a settler, you can have them gather materials. At the end of the turn a 1d10 will be rolled to determine how much materials the settlers collect:
1: Bad luck! You don't get materials.
2-4: 1 material per settler
5-7: 2 materials per settler
8-9: 3 materials per settler, with a bonus 1 metal per settler
10: Amazing! 4 materials per settler, with a bonus 2 metal per settler

Different terrain types have different materials you can collect on them, as follows:
Plains have no materials, but you can still possibly collect metal if you roll 8-10.
Forests have wood to collect.
Mountains have stone to collect.
Rivers have water to collect.
And finally, swamplands have food to collect.
(This info is also available on the map.)

You can also obtain materials through trading: either at the outpost in the centre of the board or with other players. To trade with other players, simply go to their file and post an offer, and you can negotiate. The trading post works differently: if you have a settler at the trading post, you can trade 3 of any material you own for 2 of any other material (in bulk: so you can trade 15 wood for 10 metal, for example).

You can also tell settlers to build different things: if you have enough materials and enough settlers on a space, you can construct different things with different effects. Buildings are constructed instantly, although it uses up the materials (obviously) and the settler's turn. If you're the first to make a building on a tile, you now own the tile, and nobody else can build things on it. (Your starting tile is already claimed.)

There are a variety of buildings with different effects and costs:
- Houses increase your rating by 1, making it easier to attract settlers and making you closer to winning the game. Uses 20 wood, 15 stone, 3 metal and 3 settlers.
- Mansions are essentially big houses, increasing rating by 3. Uses 50 wood, 35 stone, 15 metal and 7 settlers.
- Roads are the fast travel system (see near the top for an explanation). Uses 5 wood, 15 stone, 2 metal and 2 settlers.
- Cabins give you an additional 4 wood per turn. Uses 30 wood, 15 stone, 5 metal and 4 settlers.
- Mines give you 3 free stone per turn once they're built. Uses 15 wood, 30 stone, 5 metal and 4 settlers.
- Forges give you 2 extra metal per turn: valuable since metal's hard to come by. Uses 20 wood, 20 stone, 10 metal and 4 settlers.
- Farms...let you farm. They give you 3 food per turn. Uses 25 wood, 20 stone, 5 metal and 4 settlers.
- Wells give you a free 3 water per turn. Uses 20 wood, 25 stone, 5 metal and 4 settlers.

Buildings are restricted by the types of terrain they can be built on. The terrain types restrict these buildings:
- Plains do not restrict anything. (Mansions can only be built on plains.)
- Forests restrict mansions, farms and forges.
- Mountains restrict houses, mansions, farms, wells and cabins.
- Rivers restrict mansions, cabins, mines and forges.
- Swampland restricts mansions, roads, wells, mines and forges.

Rating was mentioned briefly, but here's how it works in-depth:
Rating affects winning the game and attracting settlers. Starting with the simple one: winning. To win the game you need to increase your rating up to 20 by building houses and mansions. Once you do that...well, you win, and the game ends.

Rating also affects how you attract settlers. Once per turn, you can spend a certain amount of food and water (equal to the number of settlers you have) to try and attract another one. This is based on a 1d10: if you roll equal or lower than a certain number, you attract another settler which appears on your starting tile. If you don't then your food and water is wasted. (Sorry!)
The number you need to roll lower than is essentially determined by (15 - settlers + rating) but essentially that just means you lose 10% chance when you get another settler, and you gain 10% chance when you get a rating point.

Wow, that's a long ruleset, but hopefully it'll make more sense when we start actually playing.

Current files:
Player 1: -Terrariadude555-
Player 2: redgreenandblue
Player 3: Marb1
Player 4: CorrinTheDragon
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!
join Worlds Intertwined. that's it. this is a threat

-Terrariadude555-

I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

Blunderbus

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-I wanna join
Awright

redgreenandblue

Blunderbus

Quote from: redgreenandblueI'll join
yep

Blunderbus

Blunderbus

Marb1

Marb1

Quote from: Marb1Joining!
Canceled, sorry.

Blunderbus

Quote from: Marb1
Canceled, sorry.
ok

Marb1

Quote from: DaEpikDude
Canceled, sorry.
ok
Uncanceled

Blunderbus

Quote from: Marb1Canceled, sorry.
ok
Uncanceled
...ok

Your file should be in the Game Files section.

Marb1

Quote from: DaEpikDudeok
Uncanceled
...ok

Please update the title and players list

Blunderbus

Quote from: Marb1Uncanceled
...ok

Please update the title and players list
right

Marb1

I hope someone else joins soon

Prism

she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Marb1

Quote from: CorrinTheDragonJoin
Is this message for me or other people?

Prism

Is this message for me or other people?
It for daepikdude
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Blunderbus

All right, that makes 4 people!

Guess we can start.

TheTealWashableMarker

NO
PLEASE
THE TITLE SAYS 3/4 :(
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

Blunderbus

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerNO
PLEASE
THE TITLE SAYS 3/4 :(
dangit did it again :/

Marb1