News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

One-Up

Started by Tymewalk, Aug 28, 2018, 10:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

In this game, "one-up" the previous user by posting something better than what they did.

Quote from: AliceI ate a sandwich.
Quote from: BobI ate two sandwiches!
Quote from: CharlieOh yeah? I ate a sandwich AND some ice cream.
Quote from: DianeWhy bother with a sandwich? I just had two ice creams, way better than only one!

Rules
- No restarting (this might change depending on how the game goes but you should probably always be able to one-up someone.)
- Keep things related, "I ate some ice cream" shouldn't lead to "I blew up the universe" on the next post.
- Be respectful. We're here to laugh.

Since I did have a sandwich tonight, I'll start off with the fact I ate a sandwich. :P
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDudesorta a duplicate?
This one chains the responses together rather than having them be separate (e.g, A->B->C->D rather than A->B,C->D) , although you definitely beat me to the idea by 2 months. :P
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Dino

You can use [topic] mindblown.

Blunderbus

Quote from: TheLastDino
You can use [topic] mindblown.
ok
Quote from: Tymewalk
This one chains the responses together rather than having them be separate (e.g, A->B->C->D rather than A->B,C->D) , although you definitely beat me to the idea by 2 months. :P
ok

anyway

Sandwich is a dead trend. I'm capitalising on the emoji trend!

Flowermanvista

Quote from: TymewalkSince I did have a sandwich tonight, I'll start off with the fact I ate a sandwich. :P

oh yeah? I ate a delicious CHICKEN sandwich!!!
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

Blunderbus

Quote from: Flowermanvista
Quote from: TymewalkSince I did have a sandwich tonight, I'll start off with the fact I ate a sandwich. :P

oh yeah? I ate a delicious CHICKEN sandwich!!!
ninja'd you but my reply fits so

Quote from: DaEpikDudeSandwich is a dead trend. I'm capitalising on the emoji trend!

Tymewalk

Emoji trend? Hah! I'm capitalizing on the LEGO trend, and it doesn't even exist yet! That's how far ahead of the game I am.

Blunderbus

Why would you use trends that don't exist yet? I'm using old ones for nostalgia points!

(insert hotel mario meme)

redgreenandblue

Look at you guys with your simple trends. Come talk to me when you are ready to play AUFCSCGORADPIARASWH B)

jeffandonuts

You still play text-based games? I win text-based games without even making a single post in their thread.

i believe in silver linings, and that's why i believe in you!
gender neutral pronouns only or do not talk about me.

CatsUnited

You go on forum threads? This isn't the 90s anymore, clearly we should be on Discord, something more modern

Byron_Inc_TBG

You still have Discord? Now, we use telepathy to communicate.
eh

Incendiary

Telepathy? I use Ultra-Telepathy, with -1ms latency and fine-tuning, plus voice changer.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

PkmnQ

You use telepathy? I already know what the other's gonna say before I even think of it.
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Byron_Inc_TBG

You need to know what others say? I don't before I can make a valid response.
eh

Scratch137

You have to respond to people? My energy is so strong that people sense my indisputable validity when I'm not even there.
hello!
i was most active here in 2017 and 2018.
i still check in sometimes, but not very often.

if you'd like to get in touch, you can reach me on scratch.

Byron_Inc_TBG

You still have to use energy? I don't.
eh

Tymewalk

Ha, you don't use energy? I don't even use the physical dimension. Any time I need to interact with something, I just project a temporary consciousness into the physical world from the metaphysical one.

Shpore

You need to project a temporary consciousness into the physical world? I already interact with it without any consciousness necessary.

PkmnQ

You interact with it at all? The natural course of the world already does what I want it to!
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain