News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Fight the emojis

Started by Blunderbus, Aug 13, 2018, 01:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunderbus

Now with some vague semblance of plot!

*ahem*
In the world of TBGs, the emoji all became threatened species: first the :|, then the :P, and soon they were all endangered (somehow).
Through extensive aid by multiple TBGers, they were eventually saved.
Now that they've recovered, though, a war's broken out between some of the different emojis (somehow)!
We need the best* TBGers to come help resolve the conflict!

* although really we'll take what we can get

Pick an emoji to play as, each of them are sort of like a class.

:) is the all-rounder. Attacks are determined with 2d10, and attacks against them need to be higher than 4 to hit (i.e. 4 defense). Normal saving difficulty.
(CLAIMED)

:| has experience being endangered, and they're resilient because of it. Attacks are only a 1d8, but they have a defense of 7. Hard saving difficulty.
(CLAIMED)

:( seems to be rather good at blocking other emojis from doing stuff. 4 defense, but instead of attacking they block another emoji's attack (anything but a 1 from 1d5). Hard saving difficulty.

:o are pretty much expendable cannon fodder. 1d10 attack and 2 defense, but with the only easy saving difficulty.
(CLAIMED)

:D is super encouraging to all the other emojis! They heal with a 1d10 instead of attacking, but they have poor defense with 3. Normal saving difficulty.
(CLAIMED)

:lol: distracts emojis by making them laugh. Their attack is 2d10, but if they roll a 10 the emoji they hit misses a turn instead of landing a crit. 3 defense. Normal saving difficulty.

:/ can panic a lot, especially about impending doom. However, their 1d8 attack makes opposing emojis watch TV, which drops their number of attacks to 1. 4 defense. Hard saving difficulty.

D:< are R E A L L Y   A N G E R Y and do a lot of damage with 3d10. Their defense is nonexistent though. Normal saving difficulty.

;) are useful for unfair game show hosts! Their attack is 1d10, but they hit if their roll is LOWER than the enemy's defense. 4 defense. Normal saving difficulty.

:P are defensive due to their experience with being endangered, but they also have slight healing abilities with a 1d7. 6 defense. Hard saving difficulty.
(CLAIMED)

:roll: don't really care about much, and they're good at making other emojis not care too. Attacks decrease emoji's offense rolls and defense by 25%. Normal saving difficulty.

B) are cool. They have pretty bad defense with only 2, but they have a 3d6 AoE heal (healing 3 different emojis). Normal saving difficulty.
(CLAIMED)

"But how does this work?" you are probably asking. Well...

You pick an emoji "horde" to control, starting with 1 emoji and building up to 20. You command the emojis very generally by saying which opposing emoji to attack (or for healers, which friendly horde to heal). Each emoji has attack rolls and defense, and if their attack roll is higher than the opposing emoji's defense they take damage (either 1 damage, or 3 if they roll a 10).
Emojis have 5 HP each, and they die when their HP hits zero.
(Healing works similarly to attacking, except you roll against a fixed 3 instead of a variable defense.)

But if your emojis die, you can revive them like the standard Save the __ games!
(EDIT: Since it wasn't clear you also gain emojis initally using the same methods)
(EDIT 2: also if your emojis are already in battle, saved emojis don't join the battle immediately. You can still save them though.)

To revive emojis, either:
- Put your emoji in your posts 3 (easy), 5 (normal) or 8 (hard) times in a row (not on this thread, and you can edit them in).
or:
- Get king/queen (all), prince/princess (normal and easy) or last post (easy) on a topic (25 posts/page). (You can edit them in.)

Emojis have a "saving difficulty" that affects how you save them (indicated in the above instructions). For example, if the player controlling the :| got prince, they wouldn't save their emoji, but if the player controlling the :) got prince they would save one.

(Does that make sense?)

Each emoji has one controller / commander / whatever so please don't get angry if the one you wanted is taken
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Blunderbus

CURRENT PLAYERS

realicraft: :)
realicraft's Army
:) not in battle

redgreenandblue: :|
redgreenandble's Army
:| in battle
:| :| :| not in battle

CrazeePi: :o
CrazeePi's Army
:o :o :o :o in battle
:o :o :o not in battle

CorrinTheDragon: :D
CorrinTheDragon's Army
:D in battle

Terrariadude: :P
Terrariadude's Army
:P in battle

Ryasis: B)
Ryasis's Army
B) in battle
B) B) not in battle

Blunderbus

and just in case i run out of lines another reserved
(i'm not taking any chances after generiventure)

-Terrariadude555-

I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

Blunderbus

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-I claim :P
awright

Prism

she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

redgreenandblue

Ryasis

Hi. I'm A. Nube. What's your name?

Joyous Theta

Seeing that joke I did with the :/ still getting referenced kind of makes me want to bring it back as an actually serious thing.

Heck, I'll probably see about tying it into this game. You mind if I do that?

Blunderbus

Quote from: CrazeePiSeeing that joke I did with the :/ still getting referenced kind of makes me want to bring it back as an actually serious thing.

Heck, I'll probably see about tying it into this game. You mind if I do that?
not at all
(does that mean you claim :/ ?)

Everyone else: ok

(By the way, you can start saving emojis immediately)

Joyous Theta

Nah, I'm good.

I think I'll claim :o though.

Blunderbus

Quote from: CrazeePiNah, I'm good.

I think I'll claim :o though.
awright

Blunderbus

I'll probably start the first battle sometime today for me which probably means tomorrow for like 90% of the users on this website

Oh yeah, I guess I'll run off now to watch TV with a :/ while ignoring a giant meteor in the sky.

Blunderbus

(By the way if you feel like making my job at least a little easier you can say when you recruit another emoji on this thread)

Oh yeah, I guess I'll run off now to watch TV with a :/ while ignoring a giant meteor in the sky.

Joyous Theta

That's one more :o.

I gotta save more :o so I can zerg rush everyone, MAUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Blunderbus

Quote from: CrazeePiThat's one more :o.

I gotta save more :o so I can zerg rush everyone, MAUHAHAHAHAHAHA!
wouldn't it be a :o rush not a zerg rush tho

Blunderbus

Actually I'm going to start the first battle now so if you want to join, you can still start growing your army, but you won't join the battle until next time.

Battle Time!

Battle versus a small group of :)!

The enemy emojis
The enemy :) army
:) (5)

Your emojis

redgreenandblue: :|
redgreenandble's Army
:| (5)

CrazeePi: :o
CrazeePi's Army
:o (5)

CorrinTheDragon: :D
CorrinTheDragon's Army
:D (5)

Terrariadude: :P
Terrariadude's Army
:P (5)

Ryasis: B)
Ryasis's Army
B) (5)

Post which emoji horde you want to attack (not that it matters right now since there's only one) or which emojis you want to heal. Emojis move in a random order, and they attack random members of the horde as well.
Try not to get any of your emojis killed.
(You can also split your emojis actions up e.g. "Half attack the :lol: and half attack the ;)" if you want, but again, it doesn't matter right now)

(Oh yeah, I guess I'll run off now to watch TV with a :/ while ignoring a giant meteor in the sky.)

Joyous Theta

Last :o for now.

Quote from: DaEpikDudewouldn't it be a :o rush not a zerg rush tho

I mean, I considered calling it that but decided against it for whatever reason.

EDIT: Oh thought this was going be be an "everybody battles each other" thing, lol whoops, guess that means I can't zerg rush.

Attempt to zerg rush the :) anyways!

Joyous Theta

Well nevermind, I guess that's two more :o. One from 3 posts and another from king.

Now I'm really done.

-Terrariadude555-

"Charge!"

Attack enemy :)
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

Blunderbus

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-"Charge!"

Attack enemy :)
yes, attack with your healing based emojis

(Oh yeah, I guess I'll run off now to watch TV with a :/ while ignoring a giant meteor in the sky.)

Ryasis

Well I can't do anything right now just wait until emojis get injured. Oh yeah, I guess I'll run off now to watch TV with a :/ while ignoring a giant meteor in the sky.

Ryasis

redgreenandblue

So for me to recruit a :| I have to post :| 8 times or get a king, right? Or is that just for healing?

Ryasis