News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

War for Hyperion

Started by Siverko, Jun 16, 2018, 07:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siverko

It is 2465 CE. Titan has forcibly conquered Hyperion in a show of power against Hyperion's will. This has caused an outrage and now Tethys and Dione have declared war on Titan, setting up a not-so-secret secret intelligence network on Iapetus. Rhea is defending Hyperion in order to restore balance to the Saturnian system. The war is straining the resources of Enceladus. Its neighbor Mimas is struggling to survive. Will Hyperion be free or will it fall to Titan?

In this RP, you are a resident of either Titan, Hyperion, or one the large icy moons of Saturn. You will try to do your part in the war and further your cause. This will be played much like D&D, with turns and actions subject to a roll of the d20 die. You are allowed to travel between moons if you so wish for your turn.

Description of moons:

Mimas - Smallest of the large icy moons. Dependent on exports from Enceladus.

Enceladus - Second smallest of the large icy moons, but very important. Enceladus exports resources (mostly water) to the other moons via its active geysers. The war is straining these resources dry. Enceladus would rather not get involved in the war, as there is support for both sides, and official involvement either way might cause a civil war on Enceladus and starvation on Mimas.

Tethys - Allied with Dione against Titan, and thinks they are being arrogant and a bully. Has two colonies on Telesto and Calypso, two very small moons that share its orbit. Tethys does not understand why Titan would have a colony on Hyperion - they are already large enough as is!

Dione - Allied with Tethys against Titan. Has two colonies on Helene and Polydeuces, which also share its orbit. This similar setup to Tethys is a big reason why the moons are huge supporters of each other.

Rhea - Second largest moon overall, and largest icy moon. Not necessarily against Titan, but supports Hyperion's right to self-determination, and so sides with Hyperion in the war.

Titan - Largest moon of Saturn, and is against most of the other moons. Surrounded by a dense orange atmosphere of nitrogen, Titan is mostly an oil autocracy, rich in hydrocarbons. It mostly exports fuel. Titanians are very proud of their moon, and want to spread its influence to the other parts, including Hyperion.

Hyperion - Smallest of the moons and shaped very much like a sponge. Because it orbits so close to Titan, it has been made a colony. This is against the Hyperionians' wishes and has started a war. They have the support of Rhea.

Iapetus - Third largest moon overall and the second largest icy moon. Strangely, one half of the surface is dark and the other half is light. Iapetus is in a tilted orbit relative to the other moons, where they can get a good view of the other moons. A city has been built on the part of the dark side facing Saturn. Many believe that it is a not-so-secret secret intelligence agency to spy on the other moons.

Sign-up sheet:

Character:

Appearance:

Home moon:

Other:
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

Alex The JPEG

Character: Éxupnos

Appearance: Slightly-below-average height, tan skin, brown eyes and hair. Thin, but not scrawny.

Home moon: Tethys

Other: N/A
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Siverko

Character: Techtron

Appearance: Humanoid robot

Home moon: Titan

Other: N/A
I have returned.

Siverko - pronounced "SEE-vehr-koh" (IPA: [ˈsiverko]), from a traditional Slavic word meaning "cold north wind".

Siverko

When you post, you'll be automatically accepted unless there is a significant problem with your character. I'm waiting for other users to join.
I have returned.

Siverko

I have returned.

Faressain

Sorry for late appearance.

Character: Aguro Vasilics

Appearance: Your everyday astronaut, but has no flags nor any symbols on the suit

Home moon: Iapetus.

Other: Wants to find a weak point of both so he can influence the moons to fight each other while his own will conquer the very weakened Titan autocracy, and Dione, Rhea and Tethys confederation. Why killing people when you can spark the moon-destroying war between other sides but you?
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Siverko

Nice. When we get one or two more people, we'll start.
I have returned.

Siverko

I have returned.

Blunderbus

Character: Tana Zeke

Appearance: Fairly short + thin, pale skin, short brown hair.

Home moon: Titan

Other: Is a Hyperion sympathiser, disagreeing with Titan's actions (will probably try to leave Titan to another moon soon after game starts). Not physically strong. (Pretty much Teddy Zeke from my other signups :P)
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Siverko

Excellent. We're ready to start.

The war has started with an attack on Hyperion. Tethys and Dione have forcibly declared war against Hyperion.

@Tana - As a Titanian, you have been fed pro-Titanian information by the government. It is very risky to even publicly reveal yourself as a pro-Hyperionian. It is very risky to visit Hyperion at the present time due to it being an active war zone, but you could try to hide somewhere on Titan far away from civilization. What is your next move? We will roll a d20 to determine how successful you are.

@Aguro You are a regular Iapetan uncertain of your future. You are very poor. You are in despair and you want to work somewhere. Ideally you'd like to work in the city. What is your next move? We will roll a d20 to determine how successful you are.

@Éxupnos You are a Tethyan and have heard of the declaration of war against Iapetus. What is your next move? We will roll a d20 to determine how successful you are.

I, Techtron, am a Titanian supportive of Hyperion's colonialization. I decide to enlist in the Titanian Armed Forces. I roll a d20.

I get a 9.

I can still enlist, but I will have to spend a bit longer than expected in boot camp.
I have returned.

Joyous Theta

Character: "Janet"

Appearance: Shortish, purple skin, large, armored claws for fingers, usually hides herself with a cloak.

Home moon: Mimas

Other: An alien from another system within the galaxy who moved to Mimas. Does not care who wins the war, as long as somebody wins it.

Siverko

@Janet - You are a Mimantean reliant on food and resources from Enceladus. Enceladus is not involved yet, but you know that should Enceladus go to war, supplies to your moon will be cut off and you will starve and likely die. What is your next move? We will roll a d20 to determine how successful you are.
I have returned.

Joyous Theta

Knowing full well that there's nothing they could do to stop Enceladus from siding other than just hoping they continue to stay neutral, Janet decides to survey her surroundings. Should worst come to worst, she could always try buying a ticket to another moon with some of the money she's saved up and attempt to apply for citizenship there.

Blunderbus

(What exactly are the conditions for travelling to other moons? Can you just do it at basically any time and use your turn?)

"This war's getting really out of hand... I don't believe for a SECOND that Titan can just take over Hyperion and get away with it scot-free.

If possible, Tana travels to Enceladus, since she'd be more likely to find other Hyperion supporters there.

(If that's not the case I'll just change my action to something else, but I can't think of other things to do at this time)

Siverko

@Epik Yes.

@Tana You roll an 11. You discover an abandoned Titanian ship and try to escape. You power up, and there's barely enough fuel to make it to Enceladus. After a crash landing, you are now stuck on Enceladus, and the residents know full well where you're from - your ship was powered by hydrocarbons. They look at you, a bit shocked.

"A Titanian?! What are you doing here?!"

EDIT: Spelling.
I have returned.

Faressain

Aguro always wanted to be spy. Bringing up his abilities, he tries to check if he has any spying skills so he could become a great agent.

He had to be good at infiltrating, disguise, spying, deception and impersonalisation, as well as silence. If he had these necessary skills to become a spy, he looks for a job in black market. This because he desperately needs money to make a good living there. Of course, if some guy around won't suddenly grab him and ask if he wanted to be a spy.

Of course, if he had not these skills, he could always take a weaker job in city and start practising this.

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Siverko

@Aguro You roll a 14.

You're very good already, but you still have a few key weaknesses. You could apply for a position as a beginner. Hopefully the interview will go well.
I have returned.

Joyous Theta

Janet decided to scrap together her savings and take a ship to Enceladus. Although she knew that she was unable garuntee or even influence the possibility that it continued to stay neutral, something within her told her to try anyway.

Faressain

Of course, Aguro applies as beginner in some spying agency, as silent as possible, not even trying to tell that from expression of face which is blank.

Siverko

@Janet You roll a 4.

Seems you greatly overestimated yourself. You will have to remain on Mimas for the forseeable future.

As for Techtron, I get graded in boot camp.

I get a 3. Ouch. I'm expelled.

I try to get a job outside of the military for now.

I get a 7. I get interviewed and narrowly rejected. I will re-enroll in boot camp later at a different institution.
I have returned.

Blunderbus

Tana gets out of the ship, a little dazed, before seeing all the other people.
"Whoa whoa whoa, hold on a second, do you guys think that Titan's trying to take you over, or something?
I'm trying to get AWAY from Titan: why would my ship look so old and broken if I was with them? (...apart from the fact that I just crashed it, but let's not mention that)"

Siverko

@Tana The response from one of the locals is "We're scared Titan will take us over, but we are very good trading partners with them. Some of us don't want to go to war with Titan."
I have returned.

Blunderbus

"If this stupid Hyperion campaign has told me anything, it's that Titan's probably not going to stop where it is. What's to say that a few years down the line they won't try to take over another moon afterwards?

To be perfectly frank, if nobody's going to do anything about what Titan's doing NOW, then there's probably not going to be anything anyone CAN do later."

Siverko

Techtron trains again and enrolls in boot camp.

Maybe he'll have a shot.
I have returned.

Joyous Theta

Must have fudged up the numbers somewhere... Janet attempts to search for any cheaper ways to get to Enceladus.