News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Tourguide

Started by manosysltia, Jun 06, 2018, 04:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manosysltia

take the role of a tourguide and briefly describe a fake destination or object (anything you can think of) that you're passing by in an imaginary vehicle. be as simple or as detailed as you want, but try to make it interesting. please rate the post above you

I'll start:

coming up on our left here is the historic potato statue, carved by frederick g. potato in 1937. it is so incredibly realistic that several signs have been posted urging the public not to try to bite into it.
pickles are just cucumbers and my life is a lie

Flowermanvista

7/10

and here to our right we have the museum of fire alarms, started by DownsGameClub in 2013 and currently hosting over 600 working items. it is said to be the loudest building in the world, with residents frequently complaining of "300-alarm" fires.
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.