News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

mundane socioeconomic tasks

Started by a-git-ated, Mar 13, 2018, 04:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a-git-ated

how this thing actually works

kind of some communal choose your own adventure. i will give a prompt, and depending on my level of inspiration, i will have you vote on a response from a list of options or will ask you to make up your own. based on whatever the input may be, i will advance the story, probably every 24-48 hours depending on response time from you & how up to it i am.

if this thing gets anywhere, don't feel any pressure to know more about the game than what im describing in this post. if you start later than others, you'll be as well off.

the main post probably wont be updated, for the purpose of preserving the progression of this game.

~

PROMPT #1

(hint hint, this is where the story begins, so pay attention)

you are the mayor in some obscure town, which doesn't have a name because nobody bothered to name it. how you came into such a prestige position of power is beyond you, but you oughtta do something with it.

Respond to this post with the number corresponding to an option below (one response per user)

1) Enlighten your small pocket of civilization to the wonders of FIAT currency.

2) Barter an unwanted chicken bone for a glass of some drink with an off-putting smell

3) Assert legislation to impose taxes upon your economically-liberated populous.

LiberianPrince

DAB ON INFLATION
DAB ON THE COMMIES
option #2 please.

Blunderbus

join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

firefang16

I'm very inactive here and on Scratch. Just remember Narancia best boy ;)

a-git-ated

PROMPT #2

whilst you briefly considered trading in the chicken bone for what you could only assume to be a hearty glass of gin, two-thirds of your subconscious insisted, in no uncertain terms, that your best bet at this point in your prestigious political career would be to introduce FIAT currency to your wonderful civilization. that chicken bone might be useful later anyways.

the CHICKEN BONE returns to your inventory for later use.

your citizens are intrigued by this stunning new innovation of FIAT currency! you're not really keen on enforcing the concept because a number of elder citizens are content in their bartering ways, but the idea carries with it some practical benefits.

you have earned +5 POLICY points for this action... you're not sure quite yet what that means though.

a member of the crowd suggests that COPPER PIECES may perhaps serve as a good option for currency, and it is quick to be adopted.

Respond to this post with the number corresponding to an option below & suggest a name for this mayor character (one response per user).

1) Return to your place of residence. This economic decision is considered a hard day's work in your expert opinion.
2) Mingle with your citizens in an attempt to feel important.
3) Yell at the paper delivery boy because he is looking at you funny.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Joyous Theta

I declare that we'll be known as Mayor the mayor.

a-git-ated

PROMPT #3

the very notion of calling it a good day's work simply baffles you. there is much more mayoring to be done, mr. mayor the mayor!

oh yea, and your name is MAYOR. you are a mayor. in other words, you are, in fact, mayor the mayor, as was just mentioned in the line above. you gave the name to yourself one day because half of your subconscious thought it was apt. you think it might be your only qualification for your job.

at this moment in time, you can't decide whether or not you'd rather mingle with the crowd or yell at that pesky paper delivery boy, so you decide to engage in both activities in a very clever manner.

you gain NO ADDITIONAL DECISIVENESS points for this decision.

you spend an undetermined quantity of TEMPORAL UNITS (time, for all you non-eccentric nerds out there) mingling with your citizens. you would gain 5 SOCIABILITY points if your nefarious subplot wasn't to keep watch of whether said pesky little paper delivery boy was still glaring at you. because that act is not very social of you, silly!

you eventually get around to yelling what i can only assume to be safe-for-work versions of our favorite profanities at the nosy little youngster out of inquiry towards why he's watching you.

Respond to this post with the number corresponding to what the paper delivery boy should do now:

1) Keep being mysterious by continuing to watch Mayor Mayor.
2) Dart away on your little bicycle; he knows too much!
3) Approach this ego-driven mayor with some important news that you think he should know.

Blunderbus

Tymewalk

3, I can imagine this will end Well™
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Blunderbus

a-git-ated

whoops, sorry for the late reply. caught up in other personal projects lol. :P

my rss aggregator is subscribed to this thread, so don't think i didn't notice that y'all were patiently waiting. ;)

PROMPT #4

with no doubt in his mind, the paper boy rides his bike over to you. evidently, the action of watching him watch you has not gone unnoticed.

he warns you in no uncertain terms that the state (state as in national government) is looking to expand its reach in an effort that will almost certainly usurp the socioeconomic liberty of every town that exists within it.

you suppose that this should be an obvious plot line, seeing as you are playing "mundane socioeconomic tasks". you gain 1 FOURTH WALL AWARENESS point for this passing thought, although this point scale has no semantic meaning to you.

you are the mayor, just like you've been the whole time. what do you do next?

1) become the paper boy; there are towns to save!
2) become the paper boy & slap the mayor because you can.
3) inquire about the CD player this boy is wearing on his pocket.
4) whack the paper boy with the chicken bone in your pocket & steal his bike.
5) ask the paper boy if he has a glass of gin; you regret not trading the chicken bone in for one earlier.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

1 [RSS Aggregator?]
j u m b l e !

a-git-ated

Blunderbus

LiberianPrince

a-git-ated

guys, this is gonna be the last prompt bfore i take my next internet detox. will be back after the 2nd of april.
PROMPT #5

with little deliberation, you decide to become the paper delivery boy. you didn't realize before you activated this function that "becoming" somebody else doesn't actually shift the player consciousness into a non-playable character. because you will always be mayor mayor, ya numbskull!

by becoming the paper delivery boy, you literally just shapeshifted to match him. not quite the intended result, but these game commands are real fickle sometimes.

your FOURTH WALL AWARENESS is probably increasing exponentially, but you have better things to keep track of. let's now keep in mind that your reckless wishing resulted in visibly two paper delivery boys existing next to each other at the same time... as if one wasn't mischievous enough.

you are still mayor mayor, but you look like the paper boy, and the real paper boy is pretty much right next to you. what do you do?

1) slap the other paper boy to assert your superiority.
2) enough horsing around; there are towns to be saved!
3) but seriously, why is there a CD player hanging on your pocket?

also, suggest a name for the paper delivery boy.

Blunderbus

also name him paper boy (as in first name paper last name boy)

LiberianPrince

Option number 2, no beta sniz.

We're naming that child Jimmothy.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

a-git-ated

ok im back now; a few days later than promised.

we're going with JIMBO for the paper boy's name as a haphazard combination of NigerianPrince's & DaEpikDude's suggestions.

also @NigerianPrince, im gonna respectfully ask that you refrain from posting gifs on this thread (atleast for now; imma let you know if i change my mind). nothin' i can do to stop you or anything, but just a matter of personal preference.

ALSO @everybody, please reread prompt five before reading prompt six; the shapeshifting mechanic introduced in prompt five will co-opt some of the language in subsequent prompts.

PROMPT #6
silly rabbit, trix are for kids! you decide to get down to serious business and go on a quest to stop the big bad government from basically dooming your town for eternity. you gain 2 ADDITIONAL DECISIVENESS points for coming to this conclusion.

for unrelated reasons, an in-game function is rendering your party's menu:

PARTY
NAME (FORM)
~~
MAYOR (PAPER BOY)
JIMBO (PAPER BOY)

you are almost positive that you shouldn't be able to see that because you are a character in this game, numbskull!

you and your identical-looking friend proceed to leave the town as to begin your quest.

but wait! there's more! you can't leave the town without any sort of supplemental calamity! that would be too easy! you are encountered by TWO HUNGRY MINIATURE BEASTS who quite honestly look like they haven't eaten in days. not that you care why, as it looks like they're about to attack.

what will you do? (respond with a number for an option below OR write your own command)

1) grab the chicken bone coz it's time for action!
2) run like your life depends upon it!
3) try to make friends with these starving fellas!

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Blunderbus

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

a-git-ated

uh, i suppose i should write an update at some point.

you and your presently identical friend decide to run away. the look of hunger exuding from the beasts' faces frightened you beyond reason. you probably could've made them some delicious bratwursts and avoided a crisis.

but now the beasts are out for blood. or bratwurts. they'll take whatever they can get, i guess.

jimbo reminds me that you and him are infact biking away, because that's how he rode to town and part of what you inherited by shapeshifting into him. these silly game mechanics are too much for me to keep track of?

1) try going out of town through another exit
2) for god's sake, mayor, host a brat fry already!
3) become the mayor again; you're not used to looking so young & it's freaking you out.
4) other (write your own)