News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Watch TV while ignoring impending doom with the :/ [BAD REBOT EDITION]

Started by Joyous Theta, Mar 04, 2018, 05:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joyous Theta

There's a giant meteor headed towards us! Better ignore that and watch TV with the :/ instead.

There are currently 684 :/ who are panicking and not watching TV because of the impending doom. The thesaurus!

:/ who've watched TV while ignoring impending doom
These... fifteen.
:/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/

Leaderboard:
Ryasis: 6 :/ distracted.
DaEpikDude: 6 :/ distracted.
redgreenandblue: 3 :/ distracted.
Replies: 2 :/ distracted.
Time: 2 :/ undistracted.

How to watch TV while ignoring impending doom with the :/
- Say "Oh yeah, I guess I'll run off now to watch TV with a :/ while ignoring a giant meteor in the sky." at the end of your post 5 posts in a row. Doing this in this topic does not count.
- Become king/queen of a page somewhere that's not here and say "Hmm, yes, as the king/queen of this page I formally declare that all you peasants get out of my house so that I may spend some quality time watching TV with a royal :/ while I ignore this impending doom, quite impending indeed." somewhere in your post.
- Every 10 posts here I'll go watch TV with a :/ and ignore impending doom.
- Lead a horde of :/ in Fight the Emojis to become the prophet Cable Guy Larry and preach to the masses about the benefits of cable TV. By becoming the prophet Cable Guy Larry, it'll take a longer 8 posts of saying "Oh yeah, I guess I'll yada yada..." to distract a :/, but your godly cable skills will allow you to distract 2 :/ instead of 1 (this power does not carry over to Fight the Emojis).  There will be other ways to receive Cable Guy Larry's holy cable TV powers in the future.
- Every time 5 enemy :/ (may change in the future, we'll see) are defeated in Fight the Emojis, we'll video tape you murdering those :/ so that we may put it on a TV to distract a :/ here.
- Uhh, give me your credit card number, that'll definitely make them ignore impending doom, for sure.

There is no direct way to break their TVs or stop the impending doom, that's for ignoring only.

"Oh no, something's headed right towards us and it's impending doom!"

600-700 :/ panicked: "Oh no, something's headed right towards us and it's impending doom!"
1 :/ will realize "Oh wait, there's a giant meteor headed towards me" every 48 hours. Stacks to 3, which as far as I know means absolutely nothing.

500-599 :/ panicked: "That's definitely impending doom alright."
2 :/ will realize "Oh wait, there's a giant meteor headed towards me" every 48 hours. Stacks to 6.

400-499 :/ panicked: "Watch out for that impending doom, it could be dangerous."
1 :/ will realize "Oh wait, there's a giant meteor headed towards me" every 24 hours. Stacks to 3.

300-399 :/ panicked: "Uhh, anyone worried about that impending doom?"
1 :/ will realize "Oh wait, there's a giant meteor headed towards me" every 12 hours, but they'll mostly just be happy the yellow text is now readable. Stacks to 3.

150-299 :/ panicked: "I think that might be impending doom but I could be wrong."
2 :/ will realize "Oh wait, there's a giant meteor headed towards me" every 12 hours. Stacks to 6.

1-149 :/ panicked: "What's an impending doom?"
3 :/ will realize "Oh wait, there's a giant meteor headed towards me" every 12 hours.

0 :/ panicked: "Oh hey, there's a sale on this new soap called 'impending doom' that I'll never use."
The :/ are too busy watching TV and the impending doom will feel lonely and fly away.

Make sure to report back here whenever you watch TV and ignore impending doom with a :/.

Up to date as of post #42.

CoolTBGGaming

https://ecosia.org Switch to Ecosia to help save the environment while searching the internet!

I don't care if my signature doesn't get cut off on certain styles lol

i hate this account ngl

redgreenandblue

redgreenandblue

I posted "Oh yeah, I guess I'll run off now to watch TV with a :/ while ignoring a giant meteor in the sky" on the end of 10 posts in a row. So that is 2 I watched tv with.

Starmeadows

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Quote from: Smiley100PWait is this legit
yes :|
j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

redgreenandblue

CoolTBGGaming

Oh yeah, I guess I'll run off now to watch TV with a :/ while ignoring a giant meteor in the sky. :| :P
https://ecosia.org Switch to Ecosia to help save the environment while searching the internet!

i hate this account ngl

Tymewalk

What happens if I draw a :/ on a piece of paper and watch TV with it? Does that count, or would I also have to have some deadline, nearby bad event, or other source of impending doom?

I guess that would technically make this the Real-Life Based Games, since I'm doing it there... the RBGs!
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

ok my credit card number is 1234-5678-9012-3456 and my pin is 997967892316943278154687
don't ask how my pin is that long

also go watch tv
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

redgreenandblue

redgreenandblue

:| :P D:<
I posted it 10 more times yet again

redgreenandblue

Blunderbus

i gave you my credit card number why did that not make one watch tv
are you a phony?

Joyous Theta

No I am real human not fake yes I mail you ten million face in mail yes not scam.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

why only these emoticons and not the others
you'd think they would know :|
j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Blunderbus

Quote from: 8435.5why only these emoticons and not the others
you'd think they would know :|
nah

redgreenandblue

I posted 10 more again.
edit: and a king

Blunderbus

redgreenandblue

CoolTBGGaming

1 :/ has realised "Oh wait, there's a giant meteor headed towards me" :P

i hate this account ngl

CoolTBGGaming

i hate this account ngl

redgreenandblue

Joyous Theta

Missed the old age of distracting :/ with TVs so they wouldn't notice that they're all going to die, except not really because that was only a random joke that lasted like two days? Well miss it no longer with this new terrible modern-age as-seen-on-TV reboot, except it's a rebot because I ran out of characters!

Ryasis

Hi. I'm A. Nube. What's your name?