News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Official Username Changes Thread

Started by Tymewalk, Feb 04, 2018, 06:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

If you'd like to change your username, please make a request here. All name changes must go through this process with the exception of the two that occurred before this thread existed.
To make a request, please include your current username and the new one that you want.
It will have to be approved by a moderator/admin, then it will be changed at least 3 days later (so that other users will know about the change and not be confused when it happens), and added to the list below.  Requested changes that have been acknowledged but have not yet been done will have the "pending" box checked.

Please refer to this link here for the list of username changes.

Rules:
- All username changes are required to without exception to abide by the Community Guidelines.
- You can't change your username to something too similar to another user, as this is impersonation.
- Your account must be at least one month old and have at least 100 posts.
- You can only change your username once every month.
- Joke changes are not allowed. Once you change your username, it may not be changed for another one month.
- A working e-mail is required in order to change your username.
- Your account must be in good standing in order to receive a username change.
- Please distinguish your new username using formatting such as italics. It will prevent confusion and make it easier to verify.
- Username Change "Undos" may only be changed back to their original versions, e.g. @Alice10 can't change to @GamerGirl, then change her mind and change to @xXAliceXx. She can only change back to @Alice10.

Before you change your username, please be VERY sure you want the change. You will be required to wait a full calendar month after your new username is in effect, in which you cannot request for any new username change during this period.

You will need a valid e-mail address on your account to receive a username change! In Simple Machines Forums, changing a user's username will also send them a password reset. This is unavoidable and can not be turned off. Additionally, an admin will send you an e-mail confirming that you would like the change. Please ensure your e-mail is valid and that you have access to it before asking for a username change.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

the2000

first

(I would change, but that would make things confusing)
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

CoolTBGGaming

https://ecosia.org Switch to Ecosia to help save the environment while searching the internet!

I don't care if my signature doesn't get cut off on certain styles lol

i hate this account ngl

Faressain

I would like to changer nicks from Faressain to Thartler. I'm serious about this one.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Tymewalk

Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

CellularData

can I change my username to CellularData
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

jirachi

i've been suffering with this username for two years

can i change mine to jirachi

CellularData

So apparently the username change I requested isn't going through? I think I figured out why.

https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=981 This glitched account I made a while back. It doesn't show up on the user list and I never got the verification email for it. It's completely unusable and is just getting in the way of my name change. Can that account either have the name changed to something random, or be deleted so that my name change can go through?

joefarebrother

Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

there's no close bracket on the pending username change
j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Dino

Could I get my username changed to Tymewa1k JoeFareBr0ther jji7sky1ine TheLastDino?

objecty

I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

findanegg

can i change mine to findanegg pl0x uwu :3
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

DownsGameClub

Quote from: YouFindYourselfInJailcan i change mine to findanegg pl0x uwu :3
@findanegg pl0x, is that correct?

CellularData

Quote from: DownsGameClub
i'm pretty sure it's just "findanegg"

you guys should implement a special format to request name changes to avoid this

findanegg

Quote from: CellularData
Quote from: DownsGameClub
i'm pretty sure it's just "findanegg"

you guys should implement a special format to request name changes to avoid this
correctamundo. the second one
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

LiberianPrince

findanegg

ok but can it be changed to findanegg, for real

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Alex The JPEG

Can I change my name to "Alex The JPEG"?

Include the spaces, please
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Flowermanvista

Quote from: Tymewalk- Joke changes are not allowed. Once you change your username, it may not be changed for another six months.
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Quote from: Xx_Galaxy_Sugar_Fox_xXCan the underscores and Xx things be removed from mine?
Sorry, ya gotta wait a few more months.
j u m b l e !

Alex The JPEG

Quote from: Flowermanvista
Quote from: Tymewalk- Joke changes are not allowed. Once you change your username, it may not be changed for another six months.
It's not a joke name. It's my username on Discord. Plus it doesn't reveal my full name.
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !