News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Hey, look, another "counting" game

Started by Alex The JPEG, Jan 20, 2018, 12:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex The JPEG

If this is your first time playing, please use this link to generate a unique 10-letter string for yourself.

Because in this game, we are counting by LETTERS. NOT NUMBERS. I'll show you what I mean.

Suppose two people named Alice and Bob were playing this game. Alice has IQIRRMVUHQ as her string and Bob has ACWVUHEQVF as his string. Alice starts off by posting:
Quote from: AliceIQIRRMVUHQ
and Bob will take his string, ACWVUHEQVF, and add it to her string. But how does that work, you ask?

Well, each number is assigned a number. A=0, B=1, C=2, D=3, etc. up until Z=25. Then the corresponding letter will increment by that amount. Let me show you what I mean. Bob will give each letter in Alice's string and his string a number according to the key I just showed you, and add the numbers; the sum will correspond to a new letter:
Quote from: BobI=8,A=0: 8
Q=16,C=2: 18
I=8,W=22: 30
R=17,V=21: 38
R=17,U=20: 37
M=12,H=7: 19
V=21,E=4: 25
U=20,Q=16: 36
H=7,V=21: 28
Q =16,F=5: 21
Quote from: Bob8=I
18=S
30%25=5=F
38%25=13=N
37%25=12=M
19=T
25=Z
36%25=11=L
28%25=3=D
21=V
Note that in the case that the sum is greater than 25, just mod it by 25 (find the remainder of that number / 25) and find the letter from there. So now that Bob found all the letters from the sum, he posts after Alice:
Quote from: AliceIQIRRMVUHQ
Quote from: BobISFNMTZLDV
And then another person, let's say Charlie, would add his string to Bob's post.
Got it? Good, because things are going to get pretty complicated. I haven't even talked about teams yet! :D

There are 26 teams, which correspond to each letter. In other words, Team 1 is A, Team 2 is B, Team 3, is C, etc. The first letter in your string is what team you are on. For example, if your string was ETQFAXDWVZ, you'd be on Team E.

The goal is: if your team's letter appears in the string at least 5 times, your team wins, and the string is reset to a random string chosen by me (using the RNG from the beginning) For example, if you are on Team J and the last string posted was JFEJQPJJJS, J appears 5 times, so your team wins. The string will then be reset my me, as mentioned earlier.

Winning won't happen for a pretty long time, so post often.
You can double post, but no tripleposting, quadrupleposting, quintupleposting etc.

Also, please don't be a jerk and try to find loopholes to the rules or trying to cheat or anything like that. I don't want to have to ban anyone from this game.

USER STRINGS
alexphan = AJWCYNBDHZ
Netherland213 = DUQNISJMWL
TEAMS
Team A
alexphan

Team D
Netherland213
WINS
(nobody yet)

Ready? WELL THEN HERE WE GOOOOOOOO

AJWCYNBDHZ
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Xenon

Road to 5K posts:
2K----2.5K----3K----3.5K----4K----4.5K----5K
It's time to battle in Colosseum!
My Discord: lightshatterz#2041

Alex The JPEG

██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Alex The JPEG

██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

PkmnQ

User Strings:
Alex the JPEG     - AJWCYNBDHZ
Xenon             - DUQNISJMWL
PkmnQ             - XWLCZQKROD
gilbert_given_TBG - YIXJZNWNVP
TonyBrown148      - LSFYMNYEIG
Teams:
Team A
- Alex the JPEG
Team L
- TonyBrown148
Team N
- Xenon
Team X
- PkmnQ
Team Y
- gilbert_given_TBG

D + X =  3 + 23 = 26 ->  1 = B
N + W = 13 + 22 = 35 -> 10 = K
F + L =  5 + 11 = 16 -> 16 = Q
R + C = 17 +  2 = 19 -> 19 = T
G + Z =  6 + 25 = 31 ->  6 = G
T + Q = 19 + 16 = 35 -> 10 = K
L + K = 11 + 10 = 21 -> 21 = V
S + R = 18 + 17 = 35 -> 10 = K
L + O = 11 + 14 = 25 -> 25 = Z
L + D = 11 +  3 = 14 -> 14 = O

BKQTGKVKZO

I think we should make a program to add these strings automatically.
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

PkmnQ

This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

Maew Nryang

*See XKCD 1688.
Hi. My name is Maew Nryang. Please call me "Maew", not "Nryang".
NEW GAME: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=6658.0

PkmnQ

Quine list

Maew Nryang

*See XKCD 1688.
Hi. My name is Maew Nryang. Please call me "Maew", not "Nryang".
NEW GAME: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=6658.0

PkmnQ

Quine list