News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The Salamander Clock (FILE FOUR: Smil¹¿ey100P)

Started by Fishmael, Jan 18, 2018, 08:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishmael

And so the story begins. Our hero wakes up in a small hut in the foggy town of Ridgemark, a mountainside town located south of what could be considered the third hour of the Clock's Face. It is theorized that Gelph came from Ridgemark, but that can't be said before. The only proof of that is that it is believed that he came from the mountain on which the town lines, but even that is just speculation. Maybe no one will ever really know anything of Gelph. That's all beside the point. What is important are the following questions that you must answer before continuing on your journey.

First, wh±«·¹¹¹¿at is your name?
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Starmeadows

Hm.
Let's go for something heroic like...
Purnel

Fishmael

79, 41, 7, 72, 8.

Second, of the five following characteristics, which two do you feel describe you the most accurately?

Shy, Impressionable, Casual, Reserved, or Charitable.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Starmeadows

Impressionable and Charitable.  I presume these are the flaws?

Fishmael

96, 60, 18, 20, 52.

Third, based on those traits, which two of these five faults does Purnel have?

They are "a bit off their rocker."
They have unwavering faith in a particular New God, and often attempts to recruit others to their religion.
Afraid of sleeping alone.
They are a felon.
Weak-willed and very susceptible to suggestion.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Starmeadows

The second and third ones would be great to role play as.

Fishmael

Lastly, to which of the New Gods do you proclaim your reverence?

This last question is different for each file, so I expect you not to look at oʕ°§ther player's file¶s for guidance.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Starmeadows

Fishmael

Many are gathered in the center of Ridgemark, and anticipation hangs in the air. The Clock should time any moment now. Anyone could be called forth, but only one would. Only one would be gifted with the Mark of Flame, a divine weapon capable of defeating the Ninth Salamander. But as for you, you still remain in your hut.

What do you do?
ouns are they/she, pleas

Starmeadows

I look around my room.  What else would I do, really?

Fishmael

I... must admit, I may not have the best answers for such observations. I mean, I've been left with so many tables, yet I find myself wondering if they could have done it better. I always envied their setup. Nothing ever needed to be planned, like the whole thing was locked away somewhere and the drafts were just a goose chase as I wonder where to apply each table. 5d100, 96, 60, 18, 20, 52 or 3d20, 3, 17, 4. Everything is carved in stone, yet interpretation seems so soft and loose, like trying to finish a jigsaw puzzle blindfolded. Or if all the best pieces of the puzzle left at the beginning of that December. So please, forgive me if I leave out any important detail in the room description. I hope my own additions don't compromise the integrity of the work.

In the hut, there is a bed, mattress formed of burlap stuffed taught with raven down, no frame keeping it from the floor. By the bed sits a Book of Prayers to Margaret, weathered with time, its leather covering flaking a tad. On a small stove sits a bowl of coarse lentils, now cold as there is no fire lit. A door leads out into the town, where the rest of the world seems to wait.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Starmeadows

Fishmael

The morning mist still lingers in the air here. Well, it would never leave, as the town was almost always in a hazy mist, but that is mostly beside the point. It would be expected that the frigid mist would dissuade the passage of cold-blooded animals through this town, but sadly... well, the real pests of this town aren't the mice. Your hut isn't far from the town's center, and from here you can hear the chatter of familiar voices from further in town.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Starmeadows

Fishmael

Well, those calling out can easily be discerned as two groups. First, family. Second, friends. Furth
VGhleSB0b2xkIG1lIHRoZXkgYWx3YXlzIGhhZCB3b3JrIHRvIGRvIG9yIHNvbWV0aGluZyBub3dhZGF5cy4gUmVjZXB0aW9uIGhhcyBiZWNvbWUgd29yc2UgZG93biBoZXJlIHNvIEkgZGlkbid0IHRyeSB0byBtYWtlIGNvbnRhY3QgdG9vIG11Y2guIFRoZW4gdGhleSBzdG9wcGVkIHRhbGtpbmcgYWx0b2dldGhlci4gDQoNCkkgbWFkZSBhIG1pc3Rha2UuDQoNClBsZWFzZSB0ZWxsIHRoZW0gdGhhdCBJIGRpZG4ndCBtZWFuIHRvIHNwb2lsIHRoZWlyIHN0b3J5LiBJdCdzIGp1c3Qgc3VjaCBhIHdhc3RlIHRvIGxlYXZlIGl0IG5vdy4gSS4uLiANCg0KSSBmZWVsIGxpa2UgYSB0aGllZi4=
ur description can wait, as my question for you is this. Do you choose to follow the voice of friends or family?
ouns are they/she, pleas

Starmeadows

Friends.  Definitely friends.
boi doesnt trust familyy(?)

Fishmael

Yes, if there is one truth that can be said of this world, it's that when you can't choose family, you can definitely choose friends, so that fact alone should really always make priority, right?

Four of your close friends are clustered together in the crowd that has now formed in the town's center. [name=34] and Markov, the farmer twins, were bickering with each other as Tellun, the tanner's son, tried to pull them apart and Dirce, the mayor's daughter, egged them on. You can't really tell what the two are fighting about this time, but from what you can tell it has to do with Weedhide, their oldest goat.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Starmeadows

You called one of the characters [name=34].  Is that important, somehow?

Fishmael

Quote from: frîşhyrmed in the town's center. Bretta and Mar
The system I'm working with here is a bit touchy, to say the least. I think it would be safer to disregard the mistake than make any attempts to edit.

Markov continues to bicker with Bretta about the goat. Something about whose turn it was to feed them today, you aren't really sure as you arrived in the middle of the conversation. The bells could chime at any minute now.
ouns are they/she, pleas