News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Stock Image Story

Started by Tymewalk, Jan 09, 2018, 10:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

We write a story a few (one to three, usually) lines at a time, but with a twist:

Each post must contain a related stock image.

Rules:
- Usually one to three means that you can use four if you really need, but don't use seven.
- Try to keep consistent characters, but don't worry too much about appearance. Stock images are hard enough to find as it is.
- Keep the story flowing naturally. Don't suddenly jump or break causality.
- Don't worry about watermarks - if anything, they only make it better!

One day, Louise was helping her mother bake a cake.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Alex The JPEG

"What are you making, Mom?" Louise's son, Nathan, asked.
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Tymewalk

"Well, Nathan, we're making a cake out of one of your grandmother's old family recipes!"
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

the2000

"So, basically like mixing a week's leftovers in a blender? That sounds terrible." Nathan is not a fan of grandma's recipes.
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

Mokat

"I've had enough of this family anyway. I'm running away!"
I used to be active on here a few years ago and now I'm back (☆^ー^☆)

the2000

But a train was coming on the rail...

(PS, are any images on a Google search okay? This one isn't exactly a "stock" image.)

Wolfslime123

(I think so.)

But the lord of the trains noticed in time to make the train stop.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

the2000

But it was time for dinner, and the lord's mother was mad that the kid was playing with trains.

Wolfslime123

So he got mad and knocked over the train.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Tymewalk

Quote from: the2000(PS, are any images on a Google search okay? This one isn't exactly a "stock" image.)
(Nah, stick to stock images from places like Shutterstock, 123RF, or Dreamstime. Otherwise it's basically any storytelling game with images, because stock images are usually 1) weirder and 2) harder to find specific poses or actions for)

Jim Davidson, CFO of Big Trains Inc., was very shocked to hear this...

...but not as shocked as he was when he learned how much it would be to repair.

Wolfslime123

Who, through time travel shenanigans, was the runaway kid's dad. No not that one.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

PrincessPandaTBG

A regular TBGer from 2015-7, bless Sonic the Hedgehog
DARN YOU LACK OF SUPPORT FOR WEBP

Tymewalk

Suddenly, a time traveler appeared.

"Hello sir. My name is Brad. Welcome to the future," he said, staring into his eyepiece.

Epicness123

"Oh my gosh! You're a time traveler?!"
au
tbger since 2013

solitaire

SheenBoy95

wow! can we go to the future?

Joyous Theta

"No Jim, we have come to destroy you!" Brad says as he turns into a robot and fires at Jim.

"Not if I destroy you first!" Jim says as he retaliates.

SheenBoy95

"Then I better call some backup." Brad says as he calls for an army of robots.

CatsUnited

dinner time jim

Joyous Theta

Jim gets hit with the dinner.

SheenBoy95

Seam49

SausageMcSauce

He mourns at Jim's grave. "Why does it have to be this way?" he sobs.
I have not posted here in around a year and a bit.

SheenBoy95

as tears drop from jack's eyes, they spill onto the soil and Jim rises from the dead.

SausageMcSauce

The revived Jim runs to Big Trains Inc's headquarters.

"Oh. I forgot about the time traveller's army. Now they're destroying my company's building." He gets out his phone and types 911.
I have not posted here in around a year and a bit.