News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Mexican Standoff

Started by Tymewalk, Dec 27, 2017, 05:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

Everyone knows the classic Mexican standoff, in which some number of people (usually 3) all have weapons pointed at one another, meaning there's no way a single party can achieve victory.

In this game, we've just found the miraculous Oddly-Specific Treasure of Power (patent pending), and all of us want it! So you have to find some way to break the standoff, and ensure you can take the treasure.

For example:
Quote from: AliceI walk toward the treasure.
Quote from: BobNot so fast! I point my gun at you.
Quote from: CharlesI point two swords at Alice and Bob.
Quote from: AliceI shove Bob onto the ground, and point my own gun at Charles.
Quote from: DianeI stand next to a chalkboard, and threaten to scratch my nails on it if anybody walks near.
And so on. The more creative and silly the way to break the standoff, the better.

Since there's nobody above me, I just go to take the treasure.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Starmeadows

NOT SO FAT FAST I POINT AT YOU WITH A PULSING HAND READY TO DO A RAGE

BaconAndEggs1

I pull a revolver on Smiley with my left hand, then another with my right hand, then another with a new arm that painfully grew out of my back, then another with another new arm that painfully grew out of my back. I grow a few more new arms with excruciatingly great pain to hold more of my own revolvers.
Not active here anymore, but I'll revisit from time to time.
If you need me here for any reason (e.g. updating scoreboards for games I run, questions about said games, activity required/requested in games I'm playing), ping me in the official TBGs Discord and I'll get on it ASAP.

Just chillin' out like:

Starmeadows

I tell you that I am a God Tier and that killing me like this would be useless.

Shpore

I bounce all of you back to the beginning of the cave then teleport myself and the treasure to a place that only we can teleport to.

Starmeadows

I'm the freaking prince of rage and I am very ticked off.  I use my powers to get back to the treasure, and the cave starts collapsing from all the walls I blew.

Tymewalk

Well you just collapsed that standoff yourself, which lets me snag the treasure, pointing my gun at Bacon who is presumably still standing nearby.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

BaconAndEggs1

Keeping my revolvers pointed at Smiley, I grow one last arm with agonizing nerve sensations. Unfortunately, I'm out of revolvers, but I have an effective flyswatter in my hand, ready to swat at Tyme at any moment.
If you need me here for any reason (e.g. updating scoreboards for games I run, questions about said games, activity required/requested in games I'm playing), ping me in the official TBGs Discord and I'll get on it ASAP.

Just chillin' out like:

Wolfslime123

I cut off one of bacon's arms with LAZERZ. (It's just a sword. It's name is LAZERZ. That's what the tag said.)
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Shpore

I inflict the curse of hella gay on the treasure. Anyone who holds it is hella gay and it bypasses no u and other cardsd

BaconAndEggs1

I'm undeterred by both the loss of my arm and the hella gayness of the treasure. With one of my two legs that I stretch out to incredible proportions, I aim it towards grabbing the treasure.

Just chillin' out like:

Wolfslime123

I cut your legs. I also throw Shpore at the treasure.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Tymewalk

I warp out, then seven months later, I warp back in, getting ready to snatch the treasure.

-Terrariadude555-

I threaten to let my whole fireteam of guardians open fire on you.
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

Faressain

Not so fast. I threaten to do a lot of Vine Whip Combos from every game I know (Starbound and Pokemon, I guess...) at you both. In fact, I wrap all of them around T.dude's guardians and shove them off-scene.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Ryasis

I shoot a flame cannon at the vines burning them and then teleport the treasure toward me.
Hi. I'm A. Nube. What's your name?

-Terrariadude555-

Hold up, my guardian team comes back, with more, and they take aim. They will shoot if you make another move.
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

Alex The JPEG

But my bigger, stronger guardian team was behind you all this time with multiple weapons and guns, and will not hesitate to fire at anyone if they even think about moving.
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

-Terrariadude555-

Hold up, Cayde 6 was up on a ledge. He took all the guardians' weapons and they have been changed into ants.

Faressain

Hold up, Who said Cayde 6? Suddenly, he evaporates from existence in puff of logic that you aren't his controller, leaving me to point a gun towards Alex, Terrariadude and Ryasis

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Chir'

I fly down and freeze everyone except me, I also freeze the treasure.
Maybe join these:
DEnta You get to be a dragon.
DoMA You get to be/have an item.

Faressain

Whatever...

This is mexican standoff, and as such, I use my newfound Flaring powers and threaten Tappaja and anyone else to burn them.

Ryasis

I teleport away with the treasure.
Hi. I'm A. Nube. What's your name?

Chir'

I disappear, the treasure is no longer frozen.
Maybe join these:
DEnta You get to be a dragon.
DoMA You get to be/have an item.

Faressain

Ryasis fell into trap of flames, and the flaring is still threatening you all.