News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The Secret Market

Started by Tymewalk, Nov 25, 2017, 02:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

One night, you get hungry for some delicious fried shrimp, and open your dresser expecting to see some socks which you'll put on to go to the store. Interestingly enough, inside does not lie your colorful, cotton footwear, but instead a portal to a large market! Looking inside, you can see a huge floorplan, with products as far as you can crane your head to see. Curious, you climb in, hoping to figure out why this is here (and if they have any shrimp)...

Rules
0. This pretty much goes without saying, but follow the TBG guidelines.
1. Keep it consistent. If everyone in your area is in one aisle, you shouldn't suddenly jump to the other side of the store.
2. The store contains every product you can think of, and then some! Don't go crazy, as you're not gonna easily find a nuclear warhead, but definitely go look for some of those delicious candies you had one time while traveling in Europe and can't remember the name of.
3. A reset will never be needed. If the store is on fire, for example, all it takes is everyone ignoring it to put it out. (That or, I dunno, getting a fire extinguisher.) The store can heal itself, and it's so massive, you'll never need to worry about damage or running out of space!
4. Be reasonable. Seriously, you can't teleport, you can't shoot lasers, and I'm pretty sure you can't find things that let you do either.
5. Mary Sues and godmodding are banned. Not that you'd really be able to do them, anyways.
6. Keep it civil.

Sign-up Sheet
Name:
Appearance:
Notes:
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Tymewalk

Name: Tyler
Appearance: A boy, wearing some jeans, a light grey shirt, and a blue winter hat.
Notes: None.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

red herring

YASSSS
FINALLY

Sign-up Sheet
Name: Al
Appearance: me irl хахаха
Notes: don't let me touch sulfuric acid
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

Tymewalk

Quote from: algmwc5YASSSS
FINALLY

Sign-up Sheet
Name: Al
Appearance: me irl хахаха
Notes: don't let me touch sulfuric acid
Accepted.

red herring

I land on the telescopes aisle
I notice that nobody's around me
"Hello? Anyone?"
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

Tymewalk

Tyler walks around a little. He sees a lot of outdoor gear. Quickly, he snags one of the small telescopes, and begins looking for a high place to go survey the rest of the store.

red herring

I notice something moving behind me
"Hello?"
Since I love telescopes so much I decided to "lawfully take" a 40cm reflector
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

CellularData

YES YES YES!!!

Name: Data
Appearance: a normal human
Notes: k
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

Tymewalk

Quote from: epicanna27YES YES YES!!!

Name: Data
Appearance: a normal human
Notes: k
Accepted.

P-Code

Name: Pia
Appearance: blue
Notes: I am functioning within established parameters.

CellularData

Data wanders around the store until she is totally lost

Tymewalk

Quote from: P-CodeName: Pia
Appearance: blue
Notes: I am functioning within established parameters.
Accepted.

P-Code

Pia lands in the store near Tyler. She sees Tyler holding a telescope.

"Hey Tyler, what's that for?"

red herring

I notice somebody else
"Hey! Do you wanna get some fried S C H R I M P F?"
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

Tymewalk

Quote from: P-CodePia lands in the store near Tyler. She sees Tyler holding a telescope.

"Hey Tyler, what's that for?"
"I'm trying to see where exactly everything is," Tyler says, adjusting the focus. "What about you? What exactly are you doing?"

CellularData

Data wanders into a nearby aisle and overhears them. Wow, other people here?

She looks around to see where they are.

red herring

I run to them
"Hey guys
Wanna get schrimpf?"
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

P-Code

"I was looking for shrimp. Apparently this store is supposed to have some."

Pia sees Al running towards them. "Sure thing. But where are the shrimp?"

red herring

"no idea"
"Hold on I'm gonna use this *lifts telescope* huge telescope to see around the store"
*tries to climb an empty rack*
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

CellularData

Just then, Data walks into the aisle.

"What."

red herring

"Oh hey there! I believe you're looking for some
SCHRIMPF"
"I'm trying to locate it"
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

CellularData

red herring

I look around using the telescope
"That's the chemical equipments section...
Tools..."
"Guys, I think the food aisles are far from here"
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

CellularData

"Darn it," Data says. "Can you see anywhere that might have a map or something? Or any other people that could help us?"

red herring

I look around some more
*elevator music plays quietly in the background*
"Strange, no one else besides us"
"But I do see a directory"
"It's really far from here though"
"I have an idea"
"Fetch me walkie-talkies"
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh