News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

band name, band name (signup still open)

Started by findanegg, Oct 22, 2017, 02:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

findanegg

you are a bojack-horseman-level anthropomorphic-type dumb animal character and you wanna start a band. however you only know how to play drums/synth/bass/guitar/other and you need at least one more dude to play with if you wanna use the cool band name you thought up.
if you got a character in zines and more than zines you can also use them 4 this roleplay
Quote from: this here's the signupname:
dumb animal:
instrument:
cool band name:
potential rock stars:  
Quote from: the2000name: Clover
dumb animal: Cat (obviously)
instrument: Guitar (obviously)
cool band: Zlasherz
Quote from: BaconAndEggs1name: esquire (from the zines and more than zines tbg)
dumb animal: HE'S NOT DUMB HE'S VERY SMART AND COOL and he's a giraffe
instrument: le synths boi
cool band: OK Soda Zlasherz
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

findanegg

She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

the2000

name: Clover
cool band name: Zlasherz

(helscome my signature? is this going to involved "no-armed whiteys?" :lol: )
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

findanegg

Quote from: the2000name: Clover
cool band name: Zlasherz

(helscome my signature? is this going to involved "no-armed whiteys?" :lol: )
(yes. also accepted)

the2000

findanegg

the2000

BaconAndEggs1

name: esquire (from the zines and more than zines tbg)
cool band name: OK Soda
Not active here anymore, but I'll revisit from time to time.
If you need me here for any reason (e.g. updating scoreboards for games I run, questions about said games, activity required/requested in games I'm playing), ping me in the official TBGs Discord and I'll get on it ASAP.

Just chillin' out like:

findanegg

Quote from: BaconAndEggs1name: esquire (from the zines and more than zines tbg)
cool band name: OK Soda
the rpg can now start.

the2000

I start writing one song before realizing I can't read or write music.
"I... I can work this out..."

findanegg

whoops i forgot to add the setting! silly me

anyways, both of you are neighbors and are currently in your garages, practicing

the2000

Heh. Are you going to add die rolls?

Anyway, I look for an instrument to play.
Xylophone? Okay, fine.

findanegg

Quote from: the2000Heh. Are you going to add die rolls?

Anyway, I look for an instrument to play.
Xylophone? Okay, fine.
your guitar lies in its case, waiting to be played
(and yes there will be die rolls. for when two or more ppl get together to be a band, a die will be rolled and whatever the die lands on that's their band name)

the2000

I want Zlasherz!

Anyway, I pick up the guitar. I start messing with it. (Die roll?)

BaconAndEggs1

I rev up my synth, with the preset I so carefully fine-tuned for hours the previous night. I press a few keys, giggling manically under my breath with excitement; this sound is nothing close to any other that has been attempted before. Using it in a new song would be the perfect opportunity to blow some minds. But I'm only making experimental ambient music at the moment and nobody's listening to that whilst they're awake. I want a good tune to use this on.
If you need me here for any reason (e.g. updating scoreboards for games I run, questions about said games, activity required/requested in games I'm playing), ping me in the official TBGs Discord and I'll get on it ASAP.

Just chillin' out like:

findanegg

Quote from: the2000I want Zlasherz!

Anyway, I pick up the guitar. I start messing with it. (Die roll?)
hm ok. you roll a 3, and the tunes you play sound actually pretty good, except some parts where the chords are pretty tricky and you have to stop for the dear life of your fingers
anyway, your guitar shredding and esquire's synth experimentation mingle in the air, akin to how reese's was discovered when someone accidentally got their chocolate in someone's peanut butter (which they were carrying around and eating out of the jar for some reason?). do you choose to investigate the source of this new and confusing neo-chill-vapor-cold-dance-rock-neutral-milk-hotel-punk-funk-wave?

the2000

Quote from: YouFindYourselfInJailhm ok. you roll a 3, and the tunes you play sound actually pretty good, except some parts where the chords are pretty tricky and you have to stop for the dear life of your fingers
anyway, your guitar shredding and esquire's synth experimentation mingle in the air, akin to how reese's was discovered when someone accidentally got their chocolate in someone's peanut butter (which they were carrying around and eating out of the jar for some reason?). do you choose to investigate the source of this new and confusing neo-chill-vapor-cold-dance-rock-neutral-milk-hotel-punk-funk-wave?
Yes, I say! (also, is a creeper bearing a packaged version of my/our new invention going to sneak up on me/us?)

findanegg

Quote from: the2000
Quote from: YouFindYourselfInJailhm ok. you roll a 3, and the tunes you play sound actually pretty good, except some parts where the chords are pretty tricky and you have to stop for the dear life of your fingers
Yes, I say! (also, is a creeper bearing a packaged version of my/our new invention going to sneak up on me/us?)
Indeed, your adventurous side shows and you go down a few houses until you reach what you assume to be the source of the synths. You knock on the door. (also no. what)

the2000

Quote from: YouFindYourselfInJailIndeed, your adventurous side shows and you go down a few houses until you reach what you assume to be the source of the synths. You knock on the door. (also no. what)
I'm talking about the exact same commercial. That creepy guy who creeps up on the two people and gives them reeses.

BaconAndEggs1

Cutting through the fog of noise my relatively quiet synth is making, I hear some knocks on the door. Carefully making my way up to avoid moving anything a centimetre, I answer. A cat's standing there, who looks familiar. Maybe I've seen them around here? I inquire on what business is intended.

Just chillin' out like:

the2000

BaconAndEggs1

"Depends. Would you ransack my house for a synth if I had one?"

Just chillin' out like:

the2000

BaconAndEggs1

"Then yeah, that was totally me. I'm trying out a patch that I spent all of last night working on. Not sure what to do with it though..."

Just chillin' out like:

the2000

Well, um... I was playing guitar. Are you interested at all?