News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Mechanized Assault and Exploration: TBGs Remake! (CLOSED)

Started by Karanrimé, Oct 15, 2017, 09:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karanrimé

Mechanized Assault and Exploration: The Video Game
Created in 1996 by Interplay Productions, MAX was the first Hybrid RTS/Turn Based Game that seated the player in the chair of a futuristic battle command station.

Gameplay:
Units:
Each turn, all of your units get a specific number of movement points, known as Speed, and your buildings gather and distribute the resources needed to run the rest of the complex.
There are a total of 63 Units and Buildings in MAX, so read up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mg3sqGRbrFL5MRxbacMM3fLVHRB2CveM8f6Zt_X_WgQ/edit?usp=sharing

In order listed:
Is a Building: Checks to see if the unit listed is a building. Unnecessary for someone who knows the ins and outs of the game, but nice reference for those who do not.
Unit Type: For non-buildings, sees what type of unit it is. Mostly for garrison purposes.
Built By: All things come from other things. This is where those things come from.
Size: The number of tiles the unit takes up. Unnecessary for someone who knows the ins and outs of the game, but nice reference for those who do not.
Attack: How much damage is inflicted on a target.
Can attack: If a unit can attack Ground targets (Sea or Land), Air targets, or Sea targets, as is the case for a tiny few units.
Hits: How many damage points can be inflicted on the unit before it is destroyed and becomes a pile of rubble, which needs to be cleaned up before a building can be built there.
Armor: How much damage is subtracted from the amount inflicted before it goes to the unit. There is no armor pierce, and damage dealt has to always be at least 1.
Speed: How far a unit can move in one turn. Vertical/Horizontal expends 1 speed. Diagonal expends 1.5 per tile traveled. In addition, most amphibious units use up 3x that in water.
Scan: How far a unit can see.It ruins the fun if you can see where your enemies live, after all. There is no fog of war. You either see it, or it looks like nothing's there.
Shots: How many bullets a unit can fire in a turn. For most units, you lose shots as you move, and vice versa.
Range: How far away you can shoot. While you can still hit what you can't see, you can't aim at it.
Ammo: how many bullets a unit can fire until it runs out and has to be reloaded before it can fire more.
Ground/Sea/Air?: Determines where a unit can move. Some hazards in the ground can only be maneuvered by air units, plus it makes sure people know if a unit can be shout at by ground attackers, or air attackers.
Carries: Indicated what the unit can hold inside of it, Resources or Other Units.
Cost 1x: How much resources the unit costs to create at 1x.
Build time 1x: How long the unit takes to build at 1x.You may build units at any speed between 1x and 4x as compared to the original build time. The cost will increase by x/y if you decrease the time by y/x. For example, If you choose to build a Tank at 2x speed, the time it takes to build the tank is 1/2 times, but the cost to build it is 2/1, or 2 times.
Uses: In most buildings that don't just stand around and do nothing, this is what the building uses to create something.
Output: In most buildings that don't just stand around and do nothing, this is what the building creates.
Other: any special information about the unit.

Upgrades:
There are two ways to upgrade your units:
Research, and Buying them for refined Credits made at a Gold Refinery.

Research happens 10% at a time. Each level of research in a certain field (all unit stats except ammo) will upgrade all units with that field. For example, researching 20% on attack raises all units attack by 20%. After researching 10% of something, the next 10% will take 2x as long.

Purchasing upgrades is a little more complicated. Each field can be upgraded by 1, 2 or 5, and each upgrade only affects that unit. The cost of each upgrade will rise at a fixed rate so that the total cost of all upgrades after the field is doubled is 720 refined credits, and you can not upgrade past double. I will come up with the cost for each upgrade as it comes, rather than plan it all out so that I don't do a ton of unnecessary work.

Map:
The game map will be something Somewhat randomly developed, with at least 3 Landmasses. It will be 128*128 tiles, so you'll have plenty of room to expand if you don't start off to close to someone else.

Here's a 10*10 map in case you wanted to see how it was going to work: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YMwirXLB_8jdsq49KKVLyshSNanr9y0vi8oU9p5Xhaw/edit?usp=sharing

Starting off:
When you first start off, you're already given the 128*128 map. You just need to select the tile where the top-left corner of your mining station will go. All surrounding tiles need to be clear and completely land tiles. You start off with a Mining station, attached power Generator, Engineer with 20/40 Materials loaded, Constructor with 40/60 Materials loaded, and a surveyor. In addition, you are guarenteed to start on a 14/9/1 Tile format, which is 14 Materials, 9 Fuel, and 1 gold. The existing map will be modified to suit that purpose, if need be.

Victory!!!
The Victory conditions are simple: Have the most points after 400 Turns, obtain 1000 points, or kill all your enemies. If there is a tie after 400 turns, then that victory condition will not exist. If there is a tie in the race to 1000 points, that victory condition will disappear. You obtain 1 point per turn per Eco-Sphere you own, and if you lose one, all the points you gained will be lost.
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Karanrimé

Hey, who wants to blow up some other people's things?

[under construction]

;

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Karanrimé

[under construction]

;

Xenon

are maps randomly generated? when does the game end?
Road to 5K posts:
2K----2.5K----3K----3.5K----4K----4.5K----5K
It's time to battle in Colosseum!
My Discord: lightshatterz#2041

Karanrimé

Quote from: Netherland213are maps randomly generated? when does the game end?
See "Victory"

[under construction]

;

Xenon

Quote from: ChildGamer
See "Victory"
are maps randomly generated?
Road to 5K posts:

Karanrimé

Quote from: Netherland213
Quote from: ChildGamer
See "Victory"
are maps randomly generated?
Sort of. I make it, but It's a few random rectangles I plop on the board, then add shore.

[under construction]

;

Faressain

Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Karanrimé

Quote from: ChildGamerHey, who wants to blow up some other people's things?

[under construction]

;

Tymewalk

Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Xenon

Road to 5K posts:

Karanrimé

[under construction]

;