News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Prilivell Empire Roleplay -- accepting roleplayers, RP has started!

Started by TurquoiseTabby, Oct 11, 2017, 02:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurquoiseTabby

The story:
The group starts off in Emonyth Castle, Prilivell, a county in Teoterra. They are about to set off on the quest of a lifetime: to find new lands and colonize them. They may never come back. Along the way, they will need to battle magical monsters and maybe even make new friends, all while trying to keep peace in a nation on the brink of war.
Gameplay:
The gameplay works on a 20 sided die -- the higher the number, the better your luck. When battling, it works on 2d20, the first number for the player, and the second number for the NPC. If you are battling the power that has the advantage over you, roll an eighteen sided die, and if you're battling the power that you have the advantage over, roll a twenty-two sided die. All battles are magical.
Rules:
1. Follow all of the TBG forum guidelines.
2. Don't be a Mary Sue, don't use overpowered moves.
3. I do the die rolling -- I will appoint someone to help out with this sort of stuff after the RP goes on for a while.
4. Follow the magic style that you have chosen. If you're a trickery astral, don't go summoning magical creatures and running circles around your enemy.
5. Roleplay in 3rd person present tense.
6. You may join at any time, even if the roleplay has started.
About magic:
Each character controls one type of combination magic, the first category being Speed, Trickery, or Brawn, and the second being
Astral, Soul, or Nature.
In general, there is one magic triangle that looks like this:
Trickery > Brawn
Brawn > Speed
Speed > Trickery
The Nine Types of Magic:
Speed-Astral
Speed-Soul
Speed-Nature
Trickery-Astral
Trickery-Soul
Trickery-Nature
Brawn-Astral
Brawn-Soul
Brawn-Nature

Description of power:
Astrals are able to control wind and star power, and tend to be optimistic and creative.
Souls' powers are based on emotion and energy, and they tend to be grounded in their ideas yet easily affected in their emotions.
Natures are able to control earth powers and speak to (but not control) some animals. They also are in between Souls and Astrals in their personality tendencies, normally being levelheaded and confident.
Brawn, speed, and trickery are simply what the names are.
To sign up:
Name:
Magical ability type:
County of origin:

The map:

About the counties:
Prilivell is the most colonized of the counties. The main village is called Grimlight Village. The kingdom is called Emonyth Kingdom, and it rules over a little less than half of the whole county. The conditions are favorable for growing crops, so quite a bit of the population farms. They have a good economy, because they trade with the other counties.
Edgemire gets most of its business from its ports and coastal cities. Gnihylp port is the largest. Since it also borders Wolfholde River, it often does trade with all of the other counties and has a thriving import/export business. Edgemire is one of the only counties to adopt a single, democratic leadership system.
Xetriedan is a county of war and weaponry. It is protected on nearly all four sides by water. The main kingdom is called Craester Arms Stronghold. There are lots of mines for the metallurgy industry, and a byproduct of this mining is gems. These gems are shipped off to Striyburg, so the two counties have an alliance.
Striyburg is a county of knowledge and craftsmanship. They are formed of jewelers, fine artists, potters, and many other skilled artisans. Striyburg is also home to Beladophi town and Beauview library, the largest in the nation. There is no singular leader, but a lot of small kingdoms and villages.
Abrington is a nomadic county. There are no established towns. The two main nomadic tribes, the Hex and the Kotori, have been known to create beautiful tents and clothing and trade them with outsiders.
Laeves Fort is an island just off of the coast of Abrington and Blackport. It has become a self sustaining, jack-of-all-trades type society. One kingdom rules the entire island, except for the wild beaches and forests. The castle is called Ashington Armory.
Blackport is another mainly coastal town, but there are some villages inland. It has a large community of chefs and builders. The main port is called Tessa Seaport, and it is the most used in the nation. Blackport is generally peaceful and rises not to get involved in battles or wars.
Crucicaea Outcropping is the smallest county. There are no features worth mentioning other than the fact that the one major town is called Spiris and even this town is extremely small. It is also home to a prison that Edgemire, Striyburg, and Xetriedan use.
Ets Woodland is the most forbidding of all of the counties. To the North-East, bordering Emberbow river, is an archaeological site and deserted ancient town area called Naive Sumac Thicket. To the South, on the right side of Blackport, is a desert called the Isolated Steppes. The rest of Ets Woodland has no known civilizations in it.
Thank you for joining -- I really appreciate it :)
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------
Maybe, as we slowly march towards death, we actually just experience one large, interwoven, and often wonderful coincidence.

TurquoiseTabby

Roleplayers:
Tymewalk:
Name: Nicholas Valtran
Magical ability type: Trickery-Nature
County of origin: Laeves Fort
TurquoiseTabby:
Name: January Amnytas
Magical ability type: Speed-Astral
County of origin:Striyburg
Darkfire:
Name: Vvarden Kor
Magical ability type: Speed-Nature
County of origin: Abrington
jji10dino:
Name: Thames
County of origin: Striyburg
redgreenandblue:
Name: Theops Powers
Magical ability type: Trickery-Astral
County of origin: Prilivell
Smiley100P
Name: Jade
Magical ability type: Brawn-Astral
frishy:
Name: Letri
Magical ability type: Trickery-Soul
County of origin: Edgemire
Ian123asd:
Name: Maurice
Spots open!

NPCs:
Name: Norman Timberland
Magical ability type: Brawn-Nature

Name: Aaron Tydes
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------
Maybe, as we slowly march towards death, we actually just experience one large, interwoven, and often wonderful coincidence.

Tymewalk

Name: Nicholas Valtran
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

TurquoiseTabby

Quote from: TymewalkName: Nicholas Valtran

You're accepted -- thank you for joining! I added a couple of new rules, I don't know if you saw them.
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

Dark

Name: Vvarden Kor
Date registered: Apr 17, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

TurquoiseTabby

Quote from: DarkfireName: Vvarden Kor

Accepted (sorry that I forgot to post this earlier) -- I've added you in.
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

Fishmael

(Don't have enough time to make a sheet right now but I'll do one later today.)
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Dino

Name: Thames

redgreenandblue

I am going to try this!

🌱

TurquoiseTabby

Quote from: jji10dinoName: Thames
Accepted -- thank you for joining :)

Quote from: redgreenandblueI am going to try this!

Accepted! I'll add you :)
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

Starmeadows

Name: Jade
County of origin: Leaves Fort

TurquoiseTabby

Quote from: Smiley100PName: Jade
County of origin: Leaves Fort
Accepted! The roleplay will start today :)
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

TurquoiseTabby

The story begins in a room in a castle
January walks into the room full of people, pulling her hair back into a neat ponytail. She sits down on one of the many worn, leather couches in the room. A tall, forty-something year old man is standing near the fireplace pacing. He looks impatient.
--------
"Welcome," the man says. He sounds like he is from Scotland or Wales. "You know why you have been called here."
He surveys the room, and all of the people in it.
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

Starmeadows

Jade was clearly trying not to place her legs on the nearby table.
"...Yes, we do."

TurquoiseTabby

"I'm Norman," The man sighs. "You must set off on a journey... but you know all of this, too, nevermind."
Norman rubs his bald head and continues, "Your first mission is to go to Abrington and create a civilization. I have heard tales of there being treasures that none of us city-folk can even imagine hidden in the jungles of Abrington." Norman's eyes grow wider, "But beware, there are many who oppose our mission, and there are many magical monsters who you will meet along the way."
-------
January pulls out a notebook and scrawls the date and a summary of what Norman said.
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

Dark

"Speak swiftly, if you must," Vvarden says, arms folded. "Tell us what we need and no more."

TurquoiseTabby

"Well, I guess that's it," Norman seems annoyed. "Young folk nowadays," he mutters.
-------
January packs her things swiftly and puts her notebook into her pouch. "Well, shall we get going?" January asks.
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

Starmeadows

TurquoiseTabby

Norman ushers the kids out the door.
--------
January stretches. She waits for some of the others to walk out the door, and then follows. She stands in the hallway, pacing, excited.
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

Tymewalk

Nicholas looks at the man. He's sure he'll have something to say on the matter. The rest of the group doesn't seem to catch his eye, except for January. As far as Nicholas could tell, she seemed to be the most laid back about this. Perhaps she had done this before?
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Fishmael

Name: Letri
ouns are they/she, pleas

TurquoiseTabby

January looks at Nicholas as she stands in the hallway, and then looks over at Norman.
-------
Norman pokes his head out the door and says, "Well, you should be setting off..."
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

TurquoiseTabby

Quote from: frishyName: Letri
Acccepted :)
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

Fishmael

Letri sets off as well, following the others. She can feel excitement rise within. Excitement that started around the time magical monsters were mentioned, but maybe a bit earlier.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Dark

Vvarden heads off, taking note of the others but not interacting with them.