News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Overnormal - Chapter 2: Bills and Battleaxes

Started by Tymewalk, Sep 18, 2017, 09:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

Welcome to the world! We are all roommates together, living in a totally normal world!

...well, one where getting answers wrong in school gets books thrown at you, everyone owns an RPG, and three people grabbing the last jug of milk at the store results in Mexican standoffs.

In this RP, as you may have guessed, everything is over-the-top crazy. Our goal is to simply survive day-to-day life... and have a little fun with it.

Remember, we're roommates, and we're in this together! For the most part.

Gameplay
Gameplay is based on absurd, ridiculous responses. In these cases, certain levels of godmodding and Mary Sues are allowed. However, be fair about it. It's one thing to always carry your trusty grenade launcher with you everywhere, it's another for everything you do to constantly hit people, you to always dodge everything else, and be able to summon nuclear warheads at any time.

NPCs
I will add NPCs to the story and control them. For example, shopkeepers. If you would like a shopkeeper, teacher, etc., apply and fill out the Role field with your desired role.

If these people become regular characters, I will add them with a sign-up as such.

Rules
A. Follow the TBG guidelines at all times.
B. Wait to be accepted.
C. If you leave your Species blank, you will get the default of human. If you leave your age blank, you will get 18. If you leave your role blank, you will get "Roommate". If you leave your name blank, you will get Joe Bob Jimbles John Billy McBobberoni.
D. Keep the story on track. Don't just randomly cut to some other scene for no reason, or completely disregard everything that's happened.
E. We all start off as roommates. You can move out later on, but that's where you start.
F. No godmodding/Mary Sues/metagaming/etc.
- This may be broken where allowed, see Gameplay. However, metagaming (using information you would not have received while in-character) is not allowed at any time.
G. These rules may change at any time. I can't cover every case.

Sign-up
Name:
Species:
Appearance (images are OK):
Role: (Housemates are heavily suggested for starting roles)
Notes/Other:

Chapters
Chapters will be divided as major scenes change. I'll divide these up.

Chapter 1: Apples and Action Scenes (this post)
Chapter 2: Bills and Battleaxes
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Shpore

Name: Shpore
Personality: Thinks everyone is his friend and he's helping them
Species: Porygon-Z
Appearance: A blue Porygon-Z usually covered with blood.
Role: Housemates?
Notes/Other: Usually has his BFG strapped on his back. He usually uses it like a jetpack, rarely to attack.

Name: Mei
Age: We're modifying this to be 18 also even though she's way older ingame
Personality: the same as ingame
Species: human
Appearance: you know this. She is usually in her pajamas in the rise and shine short, but sometimes in the snowsuit
Notes/Other: She has her gun, although yet again she doesn't use it much.

Karanrimé

Name: Jason
Personality: Self-protective.
Species: Human
Appearance: Short, Jet-Black hair, a Bulletproof vest that's so worn it doesn't work anymore.
Role:
Notes/Other:
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Tymewalk

Name: David "Pheonix" Weber
Personality: Cheerful and optimistic.
Appearance (images are OK): Tall, blond hair, blue eyes. Wears a grey shirt with a flame on it. Likes messing with fire and building things, gets called "Pheonix" a lot.
Role: Roommate
Notes/Other: Has a cousin, Tyler.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Tymewalk

Quote from: 8435.5are self-inserts allowed
Yes, as long as you can provide a proper appearance.
Quote from: ChildGamerName: Jason
Personality: Self-protective.
Appearance: Short, Jet-Black hair, a Bulletproof vest that's so worn it doesn't work anymore.
Role:
Notes/Other:
Accepted.

Tymewalk

Quote from: ShporeName: Shpore
Personality: Thinks everyone is his friend and he's helping them
Species: Porygon-Z
Appearance: A blue Porygon-Z usually covered with blood.
Notes/Other: Usually has his BFG strapped on his back. He usually uses it like a jetpack, rarely to attack.

Name: Mei
Age: We're modifying this to be 18 also even though she's way older ingame
Personality: the same as ingame
Species: human
Appearance: you know this. She is usually in her pajamas in the rise and shine short, but sometimes in the snowsuit
Notes/Other: She has her gun, although yet again she doesn't use it much.
Both accepted.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Name: 8435.5
Personality: Self-insert.
Species:
Appearance (images are OK): See https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/171045757/
Role: (Housemates are heavily suggested for starting roles) Roommate.
Notes/Other: uh idk
j u m b l e !

Alex The JPEG

Name: Ted
Personality: Always tries to be funny (it works half the time) and cheerful, but is serious when he needs to be. Kind of short and light for his age but still gets along well with people twice his height.
Species: Stickman
Appearance (images are OK): Stickman with brown skin and a straight hairline.
Role: Housemate
Notes/Other: Carries a giant hammer around (no, he is not Reinhardt)

Name: Loaf
Personality: Likes to think. A lot. Sometimes is so curious about things to the point where it gets really nosy.
Species: A thinking bread emoji
Appearance (images are OK): A loaf of bread with a thinking emoji face on it
Notes/Other: It came from a bread evolved from nuclear waste. Now it can interact with humans surprisingly without freaking everyone out. Also happens to be Ted's "pet"
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Shpore

I might add a ton more characters later but this seems like a good start

Tymewalk

Quote from: 8435.5Name: 8435.5
Personality: Self-insert.
Species:
Appearance (images are OK): See https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/171045757/
Role: (Housemates are heavily suggested for starting roles) Roommate.
Notes/Other: uh idk
Quote from: alexphanName: Ted
Personality: Always tries to be funny (it works half the time) and cheerful, but is serious when he needs to be. Kind of short and light for his age but still gets along well with people twice his height.
Species: Stickman
Appearance (images are OK): Stickman with brown skin and a straight hairline.
Notes/Other: Carries a giant hammer around (no, he is not Reinhardt)

Name: Loaf
Personality: Likes to think. A lot. Sometimes is so curious about things to the point where it gets really nosy.
Species: A thinking bread emoji
Appearance (images are OK): A loaf of bread with a thinking emoji face on it
Notes/Other: It came from a bread evolved from nuclear waste. Now it can interact with humans surprisingly without freaking everyone out. Also happens to be Ted's "pet"
Both accepted.
Quote from: ShporeI might add a ton more characters later but this seems like a good start
There's no character limit, but don't go absolutely insane.

Faressain

Name: Trebonth
Personality: Explosive, hyperactive, inattentive (can't pay attention for too much time), yet lazy. Determined, creative and nerdy.
Species: Countryball Poland
Appearance (images are OK): Nuff said, a Polish Flagged ball with the gun if he's in danger.
Role: Roommate (of Shpore)
Notes/Other:
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Name:
Species:
Notes/Other:
also can we start
j u m b l e !

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

CellularData

Quote from: 8435.5Name:
Species:
Notes/Other:
also can we start
Are you actually this lazy
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

Faressain

Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Quote from: epicanna27
Species:
Notes/Other:
also can we start
Are you actually this lazy
i just wanted to see what he would do with an empty signup sheet
j u m b l e !

CellularData

Quote from: FaressainIDK if Tyme's lazy or just takin' a nap.
I was referring to 8435.5 submitting a blank character sheet.

Tymewalk

Quote from: FaressainIDK if Tyme's lazy or just takin' a nap.
Sorry, been pretty busy lately.

We can start now, there should be enough people.
Quote from: FaressainName: Trebonth
Personality: Explosive, hyperactive, inattentive (can't pay attention for too much time), yet lazy. Determined, creative and nerdy.
Species: Countryball Poland
Appearance (images are OK): Nuff said, a Polish Flagged ball with the gun if he's in danger.
Role: Roommate (of Shpore)
Notes/Other:
Accepted, we're all in a big dorm-like building together though.
Species:
Notes/Other:
also can we start
You're definitely going to need to fill that in, haha.

Shpore

Well let's begin

CREATE A BEGINNING POST or something
"You wake up in a dorm room"

Tymewalk

Everyone wakes up, sound in their beds, weapons of choice gripped tightly like teddy bears. The sun rises as they stir in their beds, stretching and looking out at the bright, new dawn. It's time to wake up, wake up! It's a great, big, beautiful day out there, and there's nothing stopping them from fully experiencing it.

So now, the only thing left is to go, and craft your own destinies! Fate may have a general idea of a plan, but it's up to you to write the details, with every movement and breath you take.

Shpore

red herring

Tyme, did you copy the OP from GMW?

Anyway
Name: Wulfburg Atelham
Personality: See Diodrkis from TBGF3
Species: human (or is he?)
Appearance (images are OK): Like a person from Sauberg, Aylingen
Role: (Housemates are heavily suggested for starting roles) Housemate
Notes/Other: tymewalk did you copy the OP
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

CellularData

Quote from: TymewalkEveryone wakes up, sound in their beds, weapons of choice gripped tightly like teddy bears. The sun rises as they stir in their beds, stretching and looking out at the bright, new dawn. It's time to wake up, wake up! It's a great, big, beautiful day out there, and there's nothing stopping them from fully experiencing it.

So now, the only thing left is to go, and craft your own destinies! Fate may have a general idea of a plan, but it's up to you to write the details, with every movement and breath you take.
wow, I completely missed the reference here and now that al pointed it out, it's SO obvious...

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

8435.5 wakes up, then goes back to sleep.
j u m b l e !