News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Royal Family Of The Page

Started by joefarebrother, Jul 10, 2017, 04:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joefarebrother

Inspired by King/Queen of the page and Prince/Princess of the page. So credit to epicanna and superdoom!

When a new page starts, depending on where you post in it, you get points! This first page is worth 0 points otherwise it would be unfair.

When a new page starts, the King/Queen of that page gets points equal to the number of people who got points on the previous page, plus 1. Then, the Prince/Princess gets one less point than the king. Then the next poster gets 1 less point than the Prince/Princess. And so on, until someone gets 0 points, at which point the rest of the page is just filler until the next one.

Now, you can't collect points more than once on a page, but you CAN post in a position to stop others from claiming those points. For example, say a new page started and the King, A, gets 4 points, then B posts and gets 3 points, then A posts again and gets no points but stops someone from getting the 2 points they would have got for that position. Then if C posts they'll get 1 point (not 2). The rest of the page will then be filler.

For example, the next page would be worth 1 point. The page after that would be worth 2 points for the king. After that would be worth 3 points, after that could be worth either 3 or 4 depending on whether the 3rd point gets blocked or not.

Also, if you manage to get 25 people each getting a point on the same page, everyone on that page will get double points, and the next page will reset to 0 points. Will the TBGs ever be active enough for that? And free of trolls trying to mess it up? Who knows.

No double posting, no deleting, and no alts
(Exception: If the game is on the 3rd page of the TBGs or below, AND we've reached the 0 points mark, AND you won't be starting a new page, then you may double post once as a bump. No triple posting though)

Scoreboard (Updated every new page):
1. joefarebrother (4 points)
2= jji10dino (2 points)
2= algmwc5 (2 points)

4= 8435.5 (1 point)
4= DownsGameClub (1 poit)
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

TheTealWashableMarker

Can we have it so the king/queen gets 25 points, then the rest of people 1 point lower? It just seems simpler to me.

Also, if Page 1 doesn't give points, then there'd be no points at all...:P

Also, rankings (some inspired by a speech game we play in Drama class called Who Killed The Queen (because we have way more girls than boys) but that's irrevelant):

1st post of a page - Queen/King/Ruler - 25 points
2nd - Oldest Prince/Princess/uhh - 24 points
3rd - 2nd Oldest Prince/Princess/uhh - 23 points
4th - Youngest Prince/Princess/uhh - 22
5th - Oldest Duke/Duchess/uhh - 21
6th - 2nd Oldest Duke/Duchess/uhh - 20
7th - Best Royal Cook - 19
8th - Okay Royal Cook - 18
9th - Bad Royal Cook - 17
10th - Jester - 16
11th - Best Servant - 15
12th - Okay Servant - 14
13th - Bad Servant - 13
14th - Extremely Rich Person - 12
15th - Very Rich Person - 11
16th - Rich Person - 10
17th - Extremely Wealthy Person - 9
18th - Very Wealthy Person - 8
19th - Wealthy Person - 7
20th - Just Enough Money and a little spare - 6
21th - Just Enough Money - 5
22nd - Porper - 4
23rd - Very Poor Porper - 3
24th - Extremely Poor Porper - 2
25th - NO MONEY AT ALL AAAAAAA - 1
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

joefarebrother

It's plus one, so future pages will be worth more points (I originally forgot to include that, then quickly edited it in, so that might have been a ninja if you had this tab open for a while?).

I wanted to make a slightly more complex game so there'd be a little bit of strategy involved with whether or not to try to improve the score for the next page. But if you wanted to you could make a spin-off game with simpler rules!

Also, those rankings are really good ideas! Thanks!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

TheTealWashableMarker

OH YEAHHH

It wasn't a ninja, I just forgot :P

Now you explain it more I like your idea. I can always make a spin-off, of course :P

But once we reach 24 pages, won't it be the same scores again and again...?

objecty

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerOH YEAHHH

It wasn't a ninja, I just forgot :P

Now you explain it more I like your idea. I can always make a spin-off, of course :P

But once we reach 24 pages, won't it be the same scores again and again...?
no, he said that then we will reset
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

joefarebrother

If we reach 24 pages, I think it's likely that some people would end up posting more than once on a page (do we have 25 active users?) so the scores will still vary a bit - since the next pages score is one more than the number of people who claimed points, not the number of people who COULD have got points. But there's always the challenge to reach 25 if we manage to get 25 users to cooperate, for double points.

TheTealWashableMarker

Oh yeah...Just properly understood the rules :P

Alex The JPEG

Sounds cool! Now I can finally get points in this game...
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

joefarebrother

Great! Let's get through this first page then

SplatKirby

I'm a sucker for these games.
"I'm a Libra, if it matters." -Weezer, Feels Like Summer

PrincessPandaTBG

I'm the best servant AKA serf on this page.

You should study the medieval feudal system.
A regular TBGer from 2015-7, bless Sonic the Hedgehog
DARN YOU LACK OF SUPPORT FOR WEBP

redgreenandblue

Dino

I'm a bad servant. I steal all the food. >:]

objecty

Quote from: jji10dinoI'm a bad servant. I steal all the food. >:]
*ceiling bread
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Dino

Quote from: Beagel
Quote from: jji10dinoI'm a bad servant. I steal all the food. >:]
*ceiling bread
That too. ;)

joefarebrother

Yay I'm an extremely wealthy person

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

TheTealWashableMarker

Wealthy Person. Hey, at least I can survive and splash on fun stuff :P

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Alex The JPEG

So close to the next page...

██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Quidu the Arrow

Am I in Hyrule Castle or Peach's castle?
⑂◎ʊ ḉαᾔη◎⊥ εṧḉ@ρ℮ ♄їм ¥☺ʊ ḉαᾔη☺☂ ґυη ¥☺ʊ ♄α√℮ᾔ‷⊥ α ṧℯ¢◎ᾔ∂ ḟ☺ґ ¥☺ü αґ℮ @ℓґℯ@∂ƴ ∂☺ᾔ℮ ⓠʊ☤ⅾü тℌℯ υℓ⊥їмαт℮ øƒ ⅾ℮ṧ☂ґʊ¢⊥ḯ◎η ℘ґ℮ραґεṧ ƴøυґ ℯᾔ∂ ☤т ☤﹩ тø☺ ℓα☂℮ η◎ẘ ḟ◎ґ ¥øü αя℮ @ℓґℯ@∂ƴ ⅾ℮αḓ
No matter how awesome Number makes Lexia, Quidu shall still be the greatest arrow among the Internet. No exceptions. He is one of the 3 ultimates, the other two being Megaman Y and the N64 Classic Edition.

Quidu has (unfortunately) become a prime example of what not to do in an RP, and also is what I am typically represented as...for no reason other than I created the character. Also, pretty much everybody knows Quidu and Quido. Only a few know Lexia.

(8435-alt)LexiaTheArrow

[ALT OF 8435.5]
i am not quidu the arrow

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

oh wait it said no alts
i don't think it counts because this is the first page
j u m b l e !

Alex The JPEG

Yay, next person is King / Queen (not me though :()

██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100