News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Quest of Pillagers - The Nordic RPG (Chapter 1: The Preparation)

Started by Faressain, Jun 22, 2017, 01:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faressain

"It's year 846 after Our Creation. We are the Vikings, the bravest men in existence! We have all heard that England has a lot of gold. If that's true, we need it for more lands, fame as well as gold to help building the town! We'll conquer and pillage England's gold for Thor's sake!" Our leader, Sven shouted loudly at the assembled crowd as everyone, including us, raised their various weapons and shouted too to show their solidarity with their leader. May Thor lead us to the victory. Even if it takes the lives of the entire village of Throlland, we will plunder the Engles!
-------------------------
Chapter 1: Here!

Rules:
Feel free to join if it won't affect the plot too much (unless you plan to).
Examples of when not to join is being in sea alone, a hard battle etc. or if the story says DO NOT JOIN.

No powerplaying, Metagaming or Godmodding.
Remember, you're only human (unless by some odd chance you are Itaku, then I plead you to not banish me into hell). You can't act all-knowing, destroy town with only shortsword (even if it would be funny as heck) or pretend you roll all 50s or all 1s if the rolls are inverted.

No, you don't have to know anything from the Nordic Myths/history.
There's only a ray of chance the things we have RPed are true.

Death is permanent!
After you die, Valkyrie takes your soul permanently onto afterlife. And yeah, the body will stay dead, dead, like it rots in peace and becomes only skeleton or it burns at boat.

This is a d50 game (Along with other rolls).
Actions will be resolved using a d50, eventually also 1d20 and 1d5. You know the drill, yeah?

Stay in character.
Unless your character has chronic backstabbing syndrome(which isn't allowed, seriously)/is bipolar, please, stay true to your own personality.

There's a weapon, magic and armor triangle/square.
There's specific weapon and armor triangle, which means you need to actually strategize to reach the goal of the adventure. They have the strengths and weaknesses.

Swords beat Axes, effective against no to lightly-armoured foes.
Axes beat Spears, effective against medium-to-heavily-armoured/Shielded foes.
Spears beat Swords, also effective against horsemen.

Bows are basically wildcard, they're countered by shields, though.
Shields counter bows, but are countered by Axes.
Daggers count as swords, but they aren't effective against armoured foes (even to little-armoured ones).

Also, there's different bonuses/penalties for Armours, as to weapons

There's also magic square and triangle, though

Nature counters Thunder and is neutral to Ice.
Thunder counters Ice and is neutral to Fire.
Ice counters Fire and is neutral to Nature.
Fire counters Nature and is neutral to Thunder.

All four of these are the Elemental Magic, aka Anima.

Elemental Magic counter Light.
Light counter Dark and Shadow.
Dark and Shadow counter Anima.

Remember that Shapeshifting is on Nature Magic. That means it shares strengths and weaknesses of it.
The armor may save you by blocking a hit unblockable otherwise, or kill you, especially if you spot an axeman.
Also, if you are Larn, take note that the weapon triangle is inverted to you.

Maximum of 3 characters please.
Don't have me exhausted by lots of soldiers, because there's a lot of NPCs I'll control. Though, by that, it's only fair if you could do more than one character.

Keep the cursing to the minimum.
Crap, Hell, Damn, Curses and some mild swears are fine in my book, but DON'T EVER try throwing F-bombs or K-bombs everywhere.

You may only carry 5 items with you.
Self-explainatory. If you want, you can distribute weapons and armours to others.
Classes:

Physical ones:
Warrior:
-Uses mainly Swords, can use Shields and light-to-medium armor.
* Swordmaster:
- Uses swords, ges double attack, but can't shield. Light-to-medium armor can be worn.
* Hero:
- Uses swords, axes and shields. Heavy armor can be worn, Light armor only acts like vanity, and medium armor can't be worn at all.
* Harl:
- Uses spears, also can use swords, inverted battle triangle. Up to medium armor can be worn.

Spearman:
- Uses spears, light armor.
* Throtterl:
- Uses spears, and can mount horses if he finds one. Up to medium armor can be worn.
* Harl:
- Uses spears, also can use swords, inverted battle triangle. Up to medium armor can be worn.
* Froutrolf:
- Uses spears, also has bonuses against bow. Up to light armor can be worn.

Bowman:
- Uses bows. Up to light armor can be worn.
* Hunter:
- Uses bows and Daggers. Crits at 40 now. Can't wear any armor.
* Larn:
- Uses bows. 50s instakill the target. Up to light armor can be worn.
* Longbowman:
- Uses bows. Has +4 Bonus to dice roll if he attacks first in the battle. Up to light armor can be worn.

Brigand:
- Uses axes. Up to light armor can be worn.
* Berserk:
- Uses axes. Can Double-attack foe. Can't wear any armor.
* Hero:
- Uses swords, axes and shields. Heavy armor can be worn, Light armor only acts like vanity, and medium armor can't be worn at all.
* Gnifl:
- Uses Axes. Unique ability to throw the axe, negates light armor penalty. Up to medium armor can be worn.

Thief:
- Uses daggers. Can lock-pick doors. Can't wear any armor.
* Hunter:
- Uses bows and Daggers. Crits at 40 now. Can't wear any armor.
* Pillager:
- Uses daggers and Torches. Can now force-enter doors and lock-pick chests. Up to light armor can be worn.
* Fetholf:
- Uses daggers. Human who uses polymorph powers to stealth granted by Theors, has addional +5 Bonus to dice roll, if enemy doesn't suspect of you. Can't wear any armor.

Magic classes (Can't use armours, but can use daggers for self-defense):

Druid:
- Uses Nature Magic and Light Magic.
* Archmage:
- Uses Elemental and Light Magic. They get double boost to magic Triangle.
* Theor:
- Uses Light, Shadow and Dark Magic. They can converts Thieves into Fethors.
* Sage:
- Uses Nature and Light Magic. They have ability to heal hurt Vikings and brew healing potions.

Mage:
- Uses Thunder, Ice and Fire Magic.
* Archmage:
- Uses Elemental and Light Magic. They get double boost to magic Triangle.
* Dark Mage:
- Uses Fire, Ice, Thunder, Dark and Shadow Magics. They have 10% Magical Protection (Removes 1d5 from 1d50).
* Thor's Follower:
- Uses Thunder, Ice and Fire Magic. Gains +3 to dice rolls, doubled if they fight Dark magic.

Hetyr:
- Uses Dark and Shadow magic.
* Theor:
- Uses Light, Shadow and Dark Magic. They can converts Thieves into Fethors.
* Dark Mage:
- Uses Fire, Ice, Thunder, Dark and Shadow Magics. They have 10% Magical Protection (Removes 1d5 from magical 1d50).
* Deytmae:
- Uses Dark and Shadow magic. 2s or below instakill the target. Inverted Luck.

Vatr:
Can fight unarmed.
* Bludvetr:
- Can shapeshift into deadly, large bull. They get 10% Physical protection (Removes 1d5 from physical 1d50).
* Arhnphan:
- Can shapeshift into toxic, small spider. They can't crit, but 25 or above injects venom on the target, the more it is, the less turns will target live (from 10 at 25 up to 5 at 50).
* Tenorf:
- Can shapeshift into intelligent, dangerous wolf. Crits at 40s.

Star before name (*) means it's second-tier class. Some classes can be joined with two different characters, some require another character. They also can't be registered right now.

Character Sign-up Sheet:

Name:
Job (In village):
Looks:
Personality:
Other: (Feel free to put whatever here. Important details, maybe even a crush, idk.)
Items: (Feel free to take an item or two with you. Nothing too fancy though. Examples of items could be an iron shortsword, a basic nature staff, a dark or light statues, ect.)

Group stuff:

Gold:

The Loot Box:
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Faressain

Character list:

Player Characters:

TBGChildGamer:

Name: Jason
Class (at war): Warrior
Job (In village): Dragon tamer Shepherd
Looks: Jet black hair, heavily tanned from work.
Personality: impatient with people who do not follow good suggestions.
Other: Not really.
Items: A Bearskin cloak and sword/shield

Name: Jasmine
Class (at war): Vatr
Job (In village): None; somewhat feared for abilities
Looks: untertanned with a smaller than normal body shape and Blond hair.
Personality: Desperate for attention in a positive light. Disappointed about it not happening.
Other: None
Items: Wolf-tooth dagger wink wink

Name: Olke
Class (at war): Brigand
Job (In village): Retired. Occasionally helps Jason with Farmwork.
Looks: Graying hair and Slightly tanned skin. One eye is red via a biological defect. The other was destroyed in an accident.
Personality: Still salty about his other eye, as well as his missing leg. Father figure not afraid to punish disobedient children.
Other: Jason's Father.
Items: Large axe and bearskin vest

Coolman2447:

Name: Levian
Class (at war): Hetyr
Job (In village): Scholar
Looks: Jet black hair with hazel eyes. Wears a basic scholar's gown with basic under garnments and black boots.
Personality: Extremely curious to the point where it gets him into dangerous situations. Will explain anything in the world with the upmost passion. Mainly studying dark magic due to his curiosity.
Other:  N/A
Items: A basic book of dark and a healing salve

Darkfire:

Name: Einar
Class (at war): Bowman
Job (In village): Fletcher and fisherman
Looks: Tall, of average build. Muscular arms from shooting heavy bows and pulling nets. Short, fair hair and several scars on the hands and fingers.
Personality: Tends to be on the quiet side. Gets rather annoyed at anyone doing a bad job of something.
Other: Not much.
Items: Light, studded leather armor, a longbow, and a quiver of arrows.

Known NPCs:

Name: Sven
Job (In village): Leader
Looks: Long, light-brown, double pony-tailed beard, same with hair, wears a helmet with two moose horns on sides, has moose hood on his body to protect him from cold. Lightly carinated with green eyes.
Personality: Charismatic, quarrel-making guy who never gives up with his goals. He also likes to command people.
Other: Leader of Throlland village, has two children.
Items: An iron sword and a wooden buckler.

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Karanrimé

Totally not annoyed that there's no Huskarl class

Name: Jason
Job (In village): Dragon tamer Shepherd
Looks: Jet black hair, heavily tanned from work.
Personality: impatient with people who do not follow good suggestions.
Other: Not really.
Items: A Bearskin cloak and sword/shield

Name: Jasmine
Class (at war): Vatr
Job (In village): None; somewhat feared for abilities
Looks: untertanned with a smaller than normal body shape and Blond hair.
Personality: Desperate for attention in a positive light. Disappointed about it not happening.
Other: None
Items: Wolf-tooth dagger wink wink

Name: Olke
Class (at war): Brigand
Job (In village): Retired. Occasionally helps Jason with Farmwork.
Looks: Graying hair and Slightly tanned skin. One eye is red via a biological defect. The other was destroyed in an accident.
Personality: Still salty about his other eye, as well as his missing leg. Father figure not afraid to punish disobedient children.
Other: Jason's Father.
Items: Large ax and bearskin vest
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Faressain

Accepted, except of one thing... who is Dragon shepherd? Need two more players as well.

Karanrimé

Quote from: FaressainAccepted, except of one thing... who is Dragon shepherd? Need two more players as well.
\Dragon Tamer was crossed out because it was a joke.

[under construction]

;

Faressain

Rekekka

Name: Levian
Class (at war): Hetyr
Job (In village): Scholar
Looks: Jet black hair with hazel eyes. Wears a basic scholar's gown with basic under garnments and black boots.
Personality: Extremely curious to the point where it gets him into dangerous situations. Will explain anything in the world with the upmost passion. Mainly studying dark magic due to his curiosity.
Other:  N/A
Items: A basic book of dark and a healing salve
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."
This is a message from Lord Nergal.
I await you on the Dread Isle.

Faressain

Dark

Name: Einar
Class (at war): Bowman
Job (In village): Fletcher and fisherman
Looks: Tall, of average build. Muscular arms from shooting heavy bows and pulling nets. Short, fair hair and several scars on the hands and fingers.
Personality: Tends to be on the quiet side. Gets rather annoyed at anyone doing a bad job of something.
Other: Not much.
Items: Light, studded leather armor, a longbow, and a quiver of arrows.
Date registered: Apr 17, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

Faressain

Accepted.

Chapter 1 start.

You're still in center of the village by that time. Sven, your leader, exactly says, that the preparations for the expedition will be going soon. Some people though report to him, that there aren't any ships.
"For Thor's sake, what's wrong with the ships again!? Nevermind, we need to go to village with boats to start the raid on England." He shouts.

Karanrimé

Olke starts shouting angrily.
"Oh Come on with it, already. I want to go and I want to do it sooner rather than later.
I'm going to die before those ships arrive."

Jason holds a silent thumbs-down at the comment.

[under construction]

;

Faressain

Quote from: TBGChildGamerOlke starts shouting angrily.
"Oh Come on with it, already. I want to go and I want to do it sooner rather than later.
I'm going to die before those ships arrive."

Jason holds a silent thumbs-down at the comment.

"Wait, I think we got idea for the cursed lack of ships. We could always try going to small town of Norvaldia. I heard they have also recently preparing for war with Engles." Sven answered to impatient Olke, with a lot of optimism here.

Rekekka

"I just wonder what England is like." Levian said, "I never really seen any of it besides what I was told. I wonder what knowledge it might hold."
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."

Faressain

Quote from: coolman2443"I just wonder what England is like." Levian said, "I never really seen any of it besides what I was told. I wonder what knowledge it might hold."

"Well, my brave Vikings, one for sure, it might be not so easy to pillage than other countries. Let's not waste any moment by now, shall we just go?"

Dark

Rekekka

"I'm up for it." Levian replied, eagerly awaiting what the other country is like.
"Go to Brazil."

Faressain

Quote from: DarkfireEinar is silent and waits for a decision to be made.
Quote from: coolman2443"I'm up for it." Levian replied, eagerly awaiting what the other country is like.

Luckily to Einar, choice has been made. "Let's all go this instant. Every moment they may be stronger!" By the way, everyone in village was prepared, so they all left Throlland

Dark

Einar walks along quietly, having no interest in chatting with the others.

Rekekka

Levian walks along as well, keeping ahold of his tomes and books.
"Go to Brazil."

Faressain

Quote from: DarkfireEinar walks along quietly, having no interest in chatting with the others.
Quote from: coolman2443Levian walks along as well, keeping ahold of his tomes and books.

Suddenly, they all saw something weird... a viking rotting body? "Ughhhhh... that smell, it's like thousand rotting fishes." Some Vikings say, before Sven examined it... Not much of help, given it was heavily rotten, but some bones were cracked. "Hmm, doesn't seem like he died and someone forgot to bury him. Rather like he was killed, but not buried. May he be blessed by Odin's presence."

Dark

Einar steps away to escape the smell, wrinkling his nose.

Karanrimé

Olke does not seem to care, and slaps Jason as he tries to walk away.

Jasmine looks upon emotionlessly.

[under construction]

;

Faressain

Quote from: DarkfireEinar steps away to escape the smell, wrinkling his nose.

He quickly gets reassured by someone. "This may be just a rotting body."

Quote from: TBGChildGamerOlke does not seem to care, and slaps Jason as he tries to walk away.

Jasmine looks upon emotionlessly.

Slapping: 8
But Olke missed.

Well, that was a joke roll.

Suddenly... Wait, was that an ambush? Yeah, I think so, since group was suddenly attacked by bandits. Show em' your strength!

Karanrimé

Jasmine stands back and lets Jason and Olke Swing their respective weapons at the nearest bandit.

[under construction]

;

Dark

Einar steps away from the fighting and shoots at the nearest bandit.